PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Fisher

McGahee420
12-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Ok, lets say that Tom "Q TIP" Donahoe is fired and Mularkey follows suit, what do you guys think about Buffalo trying to sway Jeff Fisher out of Tenn. I think Fisher would be a great pick for Buffalo. He's a blue collar guy, and I beleive would be a great fit for Buffalo. Buffalo would get a guy with lots of experience. I really think Jeff Fisher would do great things here in Buffalo.

The King
12-06-2005, 10:51 AM
It would cost us.

DraftBoy
12-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Pass, I want somebody younger with alot of firer, Fisher to me seems like nothing special. His only success has been with McNair if we are going to go with somebody proven lets get somebody who has been successful with more than one QB.

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-06-2005, 11:03 AM
I would pass on this one...

However, if they did decide to sign him, he must admit that the Music City Mirage was a bum call. I think Gregg Williams did the same, but it never gets old hearing it.

THATHURMANATOR
12-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Pass, I want somebody younger with alot of firer, Fisher to me seems like nothing special. His only success has been with McNair if we are going to go with somebody proven lets get somebody who has been successful with more than one QB.
Fisher is one of the younger coaches in the league and seems to be a tough coach to me. His team has been raped by the salary cap. He doesn't have anything to work with right now.

Earthquake Enyart
12-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Bud Adams is crazy enough to fire him.

Fisher is one of the better coaches in the league.

Kerr
12-06-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm just curious, but what does fisher being a blue collar guy or not have anything to do with him being the right coaching fit for this team?

Earthquake Enyart
12-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Thurm was correct in his cap analysis. When you go to the Super Bowl nowadays, it costs a lot of money to keep your guys together.

McGahee420
12-06-2005, 11:41 AM
What I mean by Blue Collar guy is that Buffalo is full of them and understand him. It doesn't make him any better, just that I think the fans would like him. He is a younger guy. I guess my question to all of you then is who would you like to see. Do you want Buffalo to hire another coach with no Head coaching experience and go threw more growing pains, or go after a guy that has been a head coach and who have been to the playoffs and superbowl?

Kerr
12-06-2005, 11:46 AM
What I mean by Blue Collar guy is that Buffalo is full of them and understand him. It doesn't make him any better, just that I think the fans would like him. He is a younger guy. I guess my question to all of you then is who would you like to see. Do you want Buffalo to hire another coach with no Head coaching experience and go threw more growing pains, or go after a guy that has been a head coach and who have been to the playoffs and superbowl?

The only head coach I think fans would understand is one that wins ballgames, but I see what you mean.
Personally, I think it is imperative that the next coach have head coaching experience, whether in the college ranks or the pros.

Mularkey and Greg Williams lack(ed) that experience.

Lone Stranger
12-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Fisher would be an outstanding addition but I believe he is under contract. Problem is he is too good which breaks our pattern of selecting coaches. But hire him as coach and GM and you've got something.:lmao: