PDA

View Full Version : Profootballweekly on replacing TD with Modrak

Kerr
12-06-2005, 12:34 PM
:calm: Without speaking to him directly, I believe it’s safe to say that no Bills fan was more disappointed or dismayed by Buffalo’s disastrous last-second loss at Miami last Sunday than the team’s top fan, owner Ralph Wilson.
After jumping out to a 21-0 first-quarter lead, and continuing to control the game with a 23-3 lead heading into the final quarter, Wilson and the Bills had their hopes elevated for a sweet sweep of their most hated rivals.
Then it all came crashing down, with lifelong backup QB Sage Rosenfels leading an unlikely 21-point fourth-quarter rally that culminated with a TD pass to WR Chris Chambers with six seconds left. The ensuing extra point helped the Dolphins steal the victory and, in the process, sharpened the blade hovering over Bills GM Tom Donahoe’s head.
A loss like the Bills suffered Sunday is never good. The fact that it came at the hands of their fiercest AFC East rival makes it even worse. And that can’t be a good thing for Donahoe, whose head is firmly on the chopping block if the Bills can’t rebound and finish with a flourish during the final four games of this season.
It won’t be easy, with three likely playoff teams in the next three weeks (New England and Denver at home, Cincinnati on the road). The Bills complete their “how did it go so wrong” season against the even-more-woeful Jets.
The Bills came into this season with such high expectations — too high, if you ask me — that their underwhelming performance has almost ensured that Wilson will be motivated to make a move of some kind to give the fans, and himself most of all, hope for 2006.

the rest....

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Buffalo/Features/2005/holbrook120605.htm

He has the right idea, but i'd still take Wolfe over Modrak.