PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if anybody posted this - it's an eye opener

Bill Brasky
12-06-2005, 03:57 PM
http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=4204527

It's funny to me, because when I tailgate by the south entrance where all the players drive into the stadium... the same guys he claims as being unavailable to the media and fans are the same guys that ignore us fans as they drive into the stadium. I know guys need to be focused before the game and all, but a little acknowledgment would be nice, because there are plenty of guys that will stop and sign a few autographs or talk to you before they go in... and then there are guys that completely ignore your being there cheering them on.

I feel bad for guys like Fletcher and JP who are obviously team guys and want to improve their game and not only win for themselves but for the team. And at this point, I'd take a team full of average talent guys like Chris Villariall over a team of guys like Lawyer Milloy and Sam Adams who don't care about the fans, community, or organization... at least they give a **** about the people padding their wallets and want to give something back.

STAMPY
12-06-2005, 04:00 PM
http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=4204527

It's funny to me, because when I tailgate by the south entrance where all the players drive into the stadium... the same guys he claims as being unavailable to the media and fans are the same guys that ignore us fans as they drive into the stadium. I know guys need to be focused before the game and all, but a little acknowledgment would be nice, because there are plenty of guys that will stop and sign a few autographs or talk to you before they go in... and then there are guys that completely ignore your being there cheering them on.

I feel bad for guys like Fletcher and JP who are obviously team guys and want to improve their game and not only win for themselves but for the team. And at this point, I'd take a team full of average talent guys like Chris Villariall over a team of guys like Lawyer Milloy and Sam Adams who don't care about the fans, community, or organization... at least they give a **** about the people padding their wallets and want to give something back.

How would you feel after losing a game like that. Lawyer Milloy is a warrior. A veteran who still busts his ass even tho he doesn't have the same skills, just his heart carries him. Lawyer is a warrior. Villarial is a *****. He sucks moosecock.

Bill Brasky
12-06-2005, 04:01 PM
good players have class, win or lose.

STAMPY
12-06-2005, 04:02 PM
good players have class, win or lose.

Where's your class:lmao:

justasportsfan
12-06-2005, 04:10 PM
Media shouldn't wash their hands either. They have had their fair share of making things up just to have a story.

STAMPY
12-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Media shouldn't wash their hands either. They have had their fair share of making things up just to have a story.

exactly.

like the media is the most honorable or classy of people. they got articles to write

Bill Brasky
12-06-2005, 04:15 PM
this is also true... but your honestly telling me that these guys give a **** about the Bills?

Look at the comments they've made during the season... Sam Adams needs to feed his kids for example.

The media is just as bad, but they don't have attitude problems or put quotes in people's mouths.

Lexwhat
12-06-2005, 04:21 PM

Good point. Ideally, I would love a team full of playmaking and classy individuals like Peyton Manning. However, if I had to choose, I would rather have a playmaker and warrior on the field then someone who is "always available" to the media.

Chris Villarrial is a big guy and should have been a dominant guard for us. I dont dislike him as a person, but I am very disappointed with his on-field performance.

Plus, there's a difference between the media and fans. The players should have no obligation to the media. They should be able to decline interviews and carry on with their business.

dannyek71
12-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Just from the VERY brief conversations ive had with some of the guys at Camp.

Mularky is a TOTAL *******
JP is a pretty cool guy.
Lee Evans is the man. Class act, very nice.
Lawyer Milloy is a total ass as well.

Lexwhat
12-06-2005, 04:23 PM
this is also true... but your honestly telling me that these guys give a **** about the Bills?

Look at the comments they've made during the season... Sam Adams needs to feed his kids for example.

The media is just as bad, but they don't have attitude problems or put quotes in people's mouths.

I have no problem with a player wanting to get maximum value for his services. I would do the same as long as I do it the right way.

Sam Adams may have said that, but did he hold out after his pro-bowl season last year? He has stuck with his contract, and I can't blame him for that (regardless of his performance this year).

justasportsfan
12-06-2005, 04:27 PM

The media is just as bad, but they don't have attitude problems or put quotes in people's mouths.I don't disagree. Mexicans work harder for $3/ hr.

LtBillsFan66
12-06-2005, 04:35 PM
I never know how to feel about stuff like this. They are losing. They probably not happy. The last thing they want to do is sit in with a bunch of nit-picking reporters asking the same tired questions over and over.

ParanoidAndroid
12-06-2005, 04:36 PM
That superior attitude, which seems to characterize more and more NFL players, is slowly turning me away from the game.
I'm already tired of the NBA, where it seems to be worse. The NFL is on its way.

Devin
12-06-2005, 04:39 PM
I agree 100%

This team needs character more then it needs talent right now. We eliminate a few bad apples and we are already miles ahead of the game. I think this could be the most exciting offseason we have had in years.

We arent rebuilding, we just maybe finally getting it done right.

Bill Brasky
12-06-2005, 04:41 PM
I never know how to feel about stuff like this. They are losing. They probably not happy. The last thing they want to do is sit in with a bunch of nit-picking reporters asking the same tired questions over and over.

I agree with you 110%... but it just seems like these guys have been doing it all season, not just last week after a choke job.

Novacane
12-06-2005, 05:30 PM

For 1 damn hour a week they can handle it. Like the article says, a lot of other guys do make themselves available. I'm sure they don't like the questions either but are big enough to take the heat

The_Philster
12-06-2005, 05:31 PM
This kind of stuff has been brought up on WGR...quite frankly, the regime change to Donahoe brought about more than salary cap management. Back in the Polian and Butler years you felt like the Bills players were like normal guys...with some exceptions, do we really feel that way about this team anymore? :idunno:

X-Era
12-06-2005, 06:29 PM
I agree 100%

This team needs character more then it needs talent right now. We eliminate a few bad apples and we are already miles ahead of the game. I think this could be the most exciting offseason we have had in years.

We arent rebuilding, we just maybe finally getting it done right.
god bless but if done right wecan actually get both talent and leadership.

doomsdayvirus
12-07-2005, 08:32 AM

have you seen sam adams?! :shocked:

how many kids does he have?!! just imagine how much they must eat!!

i'm actually prone to believe that he can't feed them on his salary!

:lolhit: