PDA

View Full Version : Sam Wyche

Bill Brasky
12-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Anybody think this guy could/want to coach again?

He might be a strong candidate considering he's one of the few bright spots on this staff and he's already worked with JP.

Devin
12-06-2005, 04:54 PM
I couldnt see him as a HC, id def keep him as QB coach. OC material potentially.

justasportsfan

He might be a strong consideration considering he's one of the few bright spots on this staff and he's already worked with JP. It's not gonna matter as long as TD is around to call the shots.

realdealryan
Emergency stopgap at best. His last stop as HC, Tampa: 4 years, 23-41.

RedEyE
12-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Don't want him. There's a reason he is just coaching QBs.

Philagape
12-06-2005, 04:59 PM
He can't do much worse than what we've got. At least he's coached a playoff team.

The_Philster
12-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Don't think he's interested at this stage in his career...that was the impression I got when we hired him

realdealryan
12-06-2005, 05:06 PM
So now we're trying to line up a successor to Captain Dip*****. This is making me feel hopeless. The coaches (and/or staff) who are proven will keep their job. The guys who have failed will be looking. We don't want to look at failures, so take a look at giving a new guy a shot, right? Wait, that hasn't worked lately. Or maybe it will, but it's the GM's fault. So we get a new GM. The proven guys keep their job. The failures will be looking. So who the **** do we get excited about???

wchutalkinboutwillis
12-06-2005, 05:13 PM
I don't think Wyche's health could handle the stress of a HC job. He'd still be a commentator if he still had 100% usage of his vocal chords (a procedure a few years back severed some chords which is why had to quit TV). How can you effectively scream at the players, refs, and media if you don't have full usage of your voice box?

realdealryan
12-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Stephen Hawking voice generator and a big speaker. But we don't want Wyche.

wchutalkinboutwillis
12-06-2005, 07:07 PM
I was thinking sign language with that little guy who helps injured Bills players off the field as a possible translator.

BillsFever21
12-06-2005, 07:10 PM
I have nothing wrong with hiring a new guy but it better work out this time. Marvin Lewis, John Fox, Lovie Smith and Jim Mora were all new guys and their teams are successful.

All we candiates for all job except for Mora during the last 5 years. Instead we get stuck with dumb and dumber.

wchutalkinboutwillis
12-06-2005, 07:24 PM
A new guy would be welcome as long as Donahoe is not the guy to hire him. I sort of feel bad for the position that Mularkey's been put in. The Pittburgh connection has hurt him a lot more than it has helped him. Everyone talks about Fox, Lewis, Smith, and even Fassel being passed over on the job. Truth is, maybe they didn't want to work for an egotistical control freak like Donahoe. That's why the next change at One Bills Drive will start at the top. Ralph Wilson will not allow TD to replace Mularkey. I'm betting at this point in time, all coaching personnel decisions must have Ralph's approval. More than likely, he's issued an ultimatum that TD cannot make any changes until the season's over at which point TD will be unceremoniously and permanantly removed from the NFL.

G. Host
12-06-2005, 09:09 PM

He might be a strong candidate considering he's one of the few bright spots on this staff and he's already worked with JP.

Sam Wyche will only be in Buffalo for a few years. His heart problem is inoperable and when the problem catches up with him only solution is a new heart transplant.

Not a job for Sam Wyche.

HHURRICANE
12-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Sam Wyche will only be in Buffalo for a few years. His heart problem is inoperable and when the problem catches up with him only solution is a new heart transplant.

Not a job for Sam Wyche.

Are you sure on this?!! What kind of heart problem?! I heard he wanted to be a head coach agaion.

G. Host
12-06-2005, 09:31 PM
He has a heart infection (Cardiomyopathy) which he takes medication for. I read it in several news sources at start of year. He has a pace maker, is sensitive to light and takes a lot of medication.

Just a sample:
http://www.cincypost.com/bengals/2001/wyche020901.html
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20051119-9999-1s19chargers.html
http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coach.jsp?coach_id=17

I would not post something like that on speculation. If I see the article about how long the doctors think he can continue treating it with medicine again I'll link it.

Forward_Lateral
12-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Wyche would be nuts to risk his health coaching this team. This team need someone with strong vocal cords and a young heart, not the opposite.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Flush him with the rest of the coaching garbage. I dont want any ***** band-aids or dingleberries hanging around.

Clean house from top to bottom.

HHURRICANE
12-06-2005, 09:51 PM
He has a heart infection (Cardiomyopathy) which he takes medication for. I read it in several news sources at start of year. He has a pace maker, is sensitive to light and takes a lot of medication.

Just a sample:
http://www.cincypost.com/bengals/2001/wyche020901.html
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20051119-9999-1s19chargers.html
http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coach.jsp?coach_id=17

I would not post something like that on speculation. If I see the article about how long the doctors think he can continue treating it with medicine again I'll link it.

I appreciate the response. Soon as I read "Cardiomyopathy" I knew that Wyche's head coaching days were over. That's too bad. Thanks for the info.

Bill Brasky
12-07-2005, 06:17 AM
How can you effectively scream at the players, refs, and media if you don't have full usage of your voice box?

He could take lessons from Mularkey... he's done a good job at not lighting a fire up any of these players asses in 2 years here.

I thought it was funny on Sunday when Saban absolutely ripped his players apart on the sidelines when they were losing the game... the Bills fell apart and MM just stood there looking completely lost.