• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Sam Wyche

Anybody think this guy could/want to coach again?

He might be a strong candidate considering he's one of the few bright spots on this staff and he's already worked with JP.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Sam Wyche

I couldnt see him as a HC, id def keep him as QB coach. OC material potentially.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman

He might be a strong consideration considering he's one of the few bright spots on this staff and he's already worked with JP.
      It's not gonna matter as long as TD is around to call the shots.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• realdealryan
        realdealrex
        • Nov 2005

Emergency stopgap at best. His last stop as HC, Tampa: 4 years, 23-41.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Don't want him. There's a reason he is just coaching QBs.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

He can't do much worse than what we've got. At least he's coached a playoff team.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Don't think he's interested at this stage in his career...that was the impression I got when we hired him
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• realdealryan
                realdealrex
                • Nov 2005

So now we're trying to line up a successor to Captain Dip*****. This is making me feel hopeless. The coaches (and/or staff) who are proven will keep their job. The guys who have failed will be looking. We don't want to look at failures, so take a look at giving a new guy a shot, right? Wait, that hasn't worked lately. Or maybe it will, but it's the GM's fault. So we get a new GM. The proven guys keep their job. The failures will be looking. So who the **** do we get excited about???

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                  • Mar 2005

I don't think Wyche's health could handle the stress of a HC job. He'd still be a commentator if he still had 100% usage of his vocal chords (a procedure a few years back severed some chords which is why had to quit TV). How can you effectively scream at the players, refs, and media if you don't have full usage of your voice box?

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• realdealryan
                    realdealrex
                    • Nov 2005

Stephen Hawking voice generator and a big speaker. But we don't want Wyche.

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                      • Mar 2005

I was thinking sign language with that little guy who helps injured Bills players off the field as a possible translator.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

I have nothing wrong with hiring a new guy but it better work out this time. Marvin Lewis, John Fox, Lovie Smith and Jim Mora were all new guys and their teams are successful.

All we candiates for all job except for Mora during the last 5 years. Instead we get stuck with dumb and dumber.

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                          • Mar 2005

A new guy would be welcome as long as Donahoe is not the guy to hire him. I sort of feel bad for the position that Mularkey's been put in. The Pittburgh connection has hurt him a lot more than it has helped him. Everyone talks about Fox, Lewis, Smith, and even Fassel being passed over on the job. Truth is, maybe they didn't want to work for an egotistical control freak like Donahoe. That's why the next change at One Bills Drive will start at the top. Ralph Wilson will not allow TD to replace Mularkey. I'm betting at this point in time, all coaching personnel decisions must have Ralph's approval. More than likely, he's issued an ultimatum that TD cannot make any changes until the season's over at which point TD will be unceremoniously and permanantly removed from the NFL.

Comment

• G. Host
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman

He might be a strong candidate considering he's one of the few bright spots on this staff and he's already worked with JP.
                            Sam Wyche will only be in Buffalo for a few years. His heart problem is inoperable and when the problem catches up with him only solution is a new heart transplant.

Not a job for Sam Wyche.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by G. Host
                              Sam Wyche will only be in Buffalo for a few years. His heart problem is inoperable and when the problem catches up with him only solution is a new heart transplant.

Not a job for Sam Wyche.
                              Are you sure on this?!! What kind of heart problem?! I heard he wanted to be a head coach agaion.

Comment

Working...
                              X