PDA

View Full Version : You're all a bunch of jerks...

DynaPaul
12-06-2005, 06:09 PM
...according to Tom Donahoe.

Later in the day, Donahoe had a testy reaction when a caller to his weekly radio show asked if he "could save Bills' fans a little pain by possibly resigning."

Donahoe replied: "We really do not encourage those kind of calls on this show. There's certainly other radio stations in this town that you can call if you want to act like a jerk."

See the article at:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2249276

OpIv37
12-06-2005, 06:45 PM
yeah, God forbid the team's fans want a GM who doesn't turn them into Arizona East. That guy is a jerk and should be run out of Buffalo for questioning the genius that is Donahoe. After all, his 31-46 record as GM proves his value.

Lexwhat
12-06-2005, 06:47 PM
...according to Tom Donahoe.

Later in the day, Donahoe had a testy reaction when a caller to his weekly radio show asked if he "could save Bills' fans a little pain by possibly resigning."

Donahoe replied: "We really do not encourage those kind of calls on this show. There's certainly other radio stations in this town that you can call if you want to act like a jerk."

See the article at:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2249276

Well...I'm glad Donahoe told that guy. :krusty:

Mad Bomber
12-06-2005, 06:53 PM
yeah, God forbid the team's fans want a GM who doesn't turn them into Arizona East. That guy is a jerk and should be run out of Buffalo for questioning the genius that is Donahoe. After all, his 31-46 record as GM proves his value.

:bf1:

The best testimony of TD's genius:

"The AFC's winningest franchise in the 1990s with a 102-58 record, the Bills are 30-46 since Donahoe took over in January 2001. Their record during that span is the fourth-worst in the NFL, not including Houston, which joined the league as an expansion team in 2002."

feelthepain
12-06-2005, 09:23 PM
MM is just understanding something us fin fans have know for a very long time. Whats wrong with what he said, I happen to agree with him. Man you guys are touchy!!:lmao:

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2005, 09:24 PM
I think this is evidence he is gone. Whenever someone gets defensive, that usually means he knows he's done.

At least I hope so. :;

doomsdayvirus
12-07-2005, 08:13 AM
man, somebody find out who that caller was and give him a medal!!

finsrclowns
12-07-2005, 08:47 AM
The thread title is misleading. TD didn't call us all jerks. The fact is even if a majority of fans want him fired, which I'm not sure is true, I'll bet a very small minority would ask the question he was asked, which was rude IMO. He called this one caller a jerk and I have a hard time seeing why anyone thinks TD should not be annoyed at the question. Hate him all you want but put yourself in his shoes if a caller asked you that. I wouldn't ask that question, certainly not that way, so exclude me from the "all jerks" group.

helmetguy
12-07-2005, 09:24 AM
I thought TD would have a little more class or, at least, a bit more tact than he displayed. Rather than dismiss the caller out of hand, he very well could have renewed his "vow" to stay the course and let Mr. Wilson make the decision. I may just wear that "JERK" sign on Sunday-just to see how long it takes for Security to take it from me. Two weeks ago, they took a sign away from a guy, stating that they were told "from upstairs," to get rid of it.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2005, 10:09 AM
I thought TD would have a little more class or, at least, a bit more tact than he displayed. Rather than dismiss the caller out of hand, he very well could have renewed his "vow" to stay the course and let Mr. Wilson make the decision.

BINGO. When you make 7 figures to handle the media, fans, etc., you should have the ability to not lower yourself to calling fans "jerks". If TD had any honor, which he doesn't, he would resign.