Ron Wolf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Ron Wolf

This is the guy I think would be ideal for the Bills. Great personnel man...brings in good coaches and has a Super Bowl title. He know how to build a winner. If we make the necessary moves and get rid of the entire front office & Mularkey, I'm begging Ralph to bring this guy in.

That would get me excited about football again!
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Re: Ron Wolf

Give some credit where credit is due, I've been crowing his name for weeks around here! Ron Wolf for Buffalo! Listen up Ralph!

Jon

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
      Give some credit where credit is due, I've been crowing his name for weeks around here! Ron Wolf for Buffalo! Listen up Ralph!

Jon
      I'm with ya on this one. I've always liked the guy.

Comment

• Mudflap1
        Next Question!
        • Nov 2004

2006: Year of the Wolf.

Listen up Ralph!

Jon

Comment

• Italian Stallion
          Knows More Than You
          • Feb 2004

I could see him giving Steve Mariucci a chance here......I'd like that alot
          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

Brad Childress -- Andy Reid guy (Holmgren system).

Jon

Comment

• Demon
              • Mar 2003

Nothing would make me happier then to have Ron Wolf as GM of the Bills. That would put us back on the map, give credibility back to the organization and i think alot of fans would be allowed to live a little easier knowing a guy with the brainpower as Wolf would be the mastermind of the Bills.

I think he would bring in Mooch and that be OK with me.
              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                • Jul 2002

jp learning the wco could take a while..

but i guess that would work since we would be rebuilidng anyway. i love it
                Its all about the quest.

Comment

• McBFLO
                  • Mar 2003

I've been saying the same thing about Ron Wolf (although not on here). As Nighthawk said, he's a great personnel guy and knows how to build a winner. Plus, it fits so well. Green Bay, one of the smallest markets in the NFL (if not THE smallest) and Buffalo, who isn't much bigger. Both cold weather teams with a good deal of tradition...

I LOVE this idea the more I think of it!

For head coach, what about Russ Grimm? I don't know a whole hell of a lot about the guy, but what I do know is he's been looked at for other head coaching jobs, he's a tough, hard-nosed Offensive line guru who I'm sure would actually follow thru with the power running, ball control offense. What do you guys think?
                  Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

That would be ****ing awesome and definitely help to generate excitement in this team again. If I'm Ralph, I pay Wolf whatever he wants, offer the title of president and maybe even give him part ownership to lure him.

Comment

• carybillsfan
                      • Aug 2003

I'm not that high on Ron Wolf, simply because he never built the Packers through the draft. He was great at making trades and bringing in free agents but Ralph loves to build the team from within. Wolf has a horrible record of picking players in the draft. Ralph and wolf's styles clash and he won't even be brought in for an interview.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

You're right, let's keep Donahoe.

What's a matter, Robert Brooks, Antonio Freeman, Gilbert Brown, LeRoy Butler, Marco Rivera, and Mike Wahle were all bad draft picks? Mike Holmgren was a bad choice as head coach? Trading for a young 2nd round draft pick out of Southern Mississippi named Brett Favre was a bad move? Signing free agents such as Reggie White, Keith Jackson, and Desmond Howard were ill-advised?

Bottom line: he built the Packers into a perennial playoff team, and a Super Bowl champion (2 time visitor). This, during part of a time when the NFC had some very dominant teams (San Francisco, Dallas, etc.).

I don't care how he got them there, but he got them there, and kept them there. That's good enough for me.

Jon

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by carybillsfan
                          I'm not that high on Ron Wolf, simply because he never built the Packers through the draft. He was great at making trades and bringing in free agents but Ralph loves to build the team from within. Wolf has a horrible record of picking players in the draft. Ralph and wolf's styles clash and he won't even be brought in for an interview.
                          In today's NFL, a team has to do both. Look at the team now -- Spikes, Milloy, Vincent, Fletcher, Posey, Adams and 4 of our 5 OL starters came from elsewhere. I think Ralph has adjusted to it.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• carybillsfan
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                            You're right, let's keep Donahoe.

What's a matter, Robert Brooks, Antonio Freeman, Gilbert Brown, LeRoy Butler, Marco Rivera, and Mike Wahle were all bad draft picks? Mike Holmgren was a bad choice as head coach? Trading for a young 2nd round draft pick out of Southern Mississippi named Brett Favre was a bad move? Signing free agents such as Reggie White, Keith Jackson, and Desmond Howard were ill-advised?

Bottom line: he built the Packers into a perennial playoff team, and a Super Bowl champion (2 time visitor). This, during part of a time when the NFC had some very dominant teams (San Francisco, Dallas, etc.).

I don't care how he got them there, but he got them there, and kept them there. That's good enough for me.

Jon
                            I'm not saying we keep TD, I'm just saying Wolf is not the guy for Ralph. I don't disagree with the free agents signings or trades but Ralph doesn't like to shell out that kind of money or else we would already have a solid OL playing for us.

Here is a list of 1st rounders drafed by Wolf in GB (10picks in 9years): T. Buckley, J. Michels, Wayne Simmons, George Teague, Aaron Taylor, Craig Newsome, Ross Verba, Vonnie Holliday, Antuan Edwards and Bubba Franks. Not exactly a list of All-pros. Now if we had a GM who drafted guys like this we would be calling for his head, oh wait we already do!!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                              Next Question!
                              • Nov 2004

Uhhh, those guys, while not Hall of Famers, were pretty solid veterans in the 1990s that contributed to all of those excellent Packer teams. Is there a list of who his draft picks were past the first round? I bet he's got a better track record with the draft than Tom Donahoe. Check that -- I guarantee he does! C'mon man, I hear what you are saying, but what are we talking about here?!? This guy built a team that went to the playoffs consistently, won a Super Bowl, and lost a Super Bowl. I'd be dancing in the streets if the next 10 years went like that for us... wouldn't you?

I also disagree that Ralph wouldn't go for a guy like that. Bill Polian and John Butler dipped into free agency to get players, and so does Tom Donahoe. Your argument is that Ralph doesn't want a guy who spends money. Well, there is a salary cap, and Tom Donahoe's biggest waves arguably have come through free agency and trades. If he has supported Donahoe all this time without the team being a winner, what about Ron Wolf? As far as Ron Wolf selling a product, Green Bay (100,000 people in the area) sell out every game, and have for years. The wait to be a season ticket holder is years. There's like 43,000 people on the waiting list. I bet he can bring the same enthusiasm to our great city.

Ralph, hire Ron Wolf!

Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X