PDA

View Full Version : Pick 3 new head coach. you choice.

paladin warrior
12-06-2005, 07:30 PM
1) Mike Martz

2) Bill Cowher

3)Jim Haslett

To me :I like Bill Cowher. Because Bill Cowher have 10 yrs expirenced.:peace:

BillsFever21
12-06-2005, 07:33 PM
What is with all this Cowher crap? He isn't going anywhere.

BillsFever21
12-06-2005, 07:34 PM
I'd like Brian Billick if Baltimore dumps him. I don't think they will though.

JefftheBillsfan
12-06-2005, 08:20 PM
mike sherman maybe? fever is right, no way cowher is going anywhere.

Nublar7
12-06-2005, 08:32 PM
1) Mike Martz

2) Bill Cowher

3)Jim Haslett

First off, Cowher is not leaving the Steelers. PERIOD!

Secondly, Martz and Haslett? :funny: Where is the improvement? You guys will be going through the same crap you have been since Marv retired. Go out, and get a real prospect. You don't need to go for a retread coach who has recently failed. You really want to hire a coach that the SAINTS are going to fire? Yikes! Go for a proven coordinator or a winning college coach. Try to improve, and not just put a new face on the same situation. You may not want to here this, but you might just want to scrap everything and just rebuild from the beginning. Take 2-3 more losing seasons, so you can finally get a real winning team.

kevinj22
12-06-2005, 08:33 PM
I like the idea of Martz because he seems to have a knack for getting the best out of his young QB's. With that said I was pro MM at the start but I have since really soured on him. The play calling is ridiculous (what the hell was Roscoe doing at QB) we never stick to the run, we blitz every f_ _ _ing down (except against pro bowlers like Sage Rosenwhatever). I want this season to end so that we can get excited about 2006.

BFLOBILLSBURGH
12-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Why is Cowher on the list? WHy not make this list:

1) Bill Parcells

2) Bill Bellichik

3) Marvin Lewis

DaBills
12-06-2005, 08:40 PM
"I like the idea of Martz because he seems to have a knack for getting the best out of his young QB's."

On second look, this ain't that bad an idea. Look what he did with Warner and that opened-up O for a few years. HEre, he's got JP and Evans. But, and it's a big one, no Pace to watch his blind side.

PUCKER
12-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Jon Gruden
Marvin Lewis
Bill Parcells

paladin warrior
12-06-2005, 10:27 PM
What is with all this Cowher crap? He isn't going anywhere. WOW He is not going. Cowher is going stay at Pittburg again. He have been there for around 6 to 9 yrs and cowher never reach in superbowl...

Iehoshua
12-06-2005, 10:27 PM
I'd like Brian Billick if Baltimore dumps him. I don't think they will though. NoooOoOOOOOoOooOo!

I'll give Billick some credit for the 2000 Superbowl win but I believe that was more a factor of Marvin Lewis' defense. Every Raven team since Billick took over has had the same issue year after year; offense. Even with real talent, they spin and sputter. Billick is supposed to be an offensive guru, too. Ya don't know whatchar askin far, laddie!

Cowher = staying put.

Haslett = useless, why would we want a proven failure?

Martz = intriguing

Sherman = BLARGH! NooOoooOoO!

HHURRICANE
12-06-2005, 10:29 PM
I like the idea of Martz because he seems to have a knack for getting the best out of his young QB's. With that said I was pro MM at the start but I have since really soured on him. The play calling is ridiculous (what the hell was Roscoe doing at QB) we never stick to the run, we blitz every f_ _ _ing down (except against pro bowlers like Sage Rosenwhatever). I want this season to end so that we can get excited about 2006.

Do you know anybody from St. Louis?! They think he is an idiot!! No way to Martz or Hasbeen. We need a real coach.

HHURRICANE
12-06-2005, 10:32 PM
1) Marv Levy

2) Don Shula

3) Joe Paterno

4) A defibrilator

THATHURMANATOR
12-06-2005, 10:33 PM
1) Bill Belicheck
2) Vince lombardi
3) Tom laundry

THATHURMANATOR
12-06-2005, 10:39 PM
WOW He is not going. Cowher is going stay at Pittburg again. He have been there for around 6 to 9 yrs and cowher never reach in superbowl...
Yes Cowher has reached the superbowl by the way.

Mahdi
12-06-2005, 11:58 PM
Dan Reeves
Billick (If Fired)
Jeff Fisher(If Fired)

However, I still dont believe Mularkey should be fired until he has an offensive/defensive lines to work with. If he can't make it work at that time,,,then fire him. Then again, if there's an opportunity to hire a good proven coach in the offseason then im all for it.

As for our OC I wouldnt mind Alex Gibbs from ATL. He's the Assistant Head Coach/Off.Line Coach there and he knows how to get a line to perform.

sdbillsfan2
12-07-2005, 02:15 AM
uh hummmmmmmmm ....I think there is a guy up the freeway from here ! He coaches a little college team right now .. I hear he has some experience in the pros as well . by the way ,,that little college is USC !!!!!!! I think if the offer was right he could be talked into trying his hand at the NFL again .
MY vote as of the moment is Pete Carroll

realdealryan
12-07-2005, 03:45 AM
1. Cam Cameron. I liked him in my backyard at IU and I didn't like how his offense lit us up.

2. Gil Haskell. Another offensive guy.

3. Marv Levy. Sentimental long shot.

PS Mularkey should be fired, no matter how much you think that TD's personnel choices are the problem. This guy isn't prepared to get dressed in the morning!

MarvLevy
12-07-2005, 05:57 AM
Jon Gruden
Marvin Lewis
Bill Parcells

just to prove what a loser front office we have..marvin lewis interviewed here and didnt get the job.

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 08:28 AM
If you ask me, I wouldn't necessarily need a new coach with previous head-coaching experience. Some coordinators are simply more intelligent and ready than guys like Mularkey or Gregg Williams.

Although I got more, here's three I like:
1. Brad Childress
2. Ron Rivera
3. Jeff Fisher.

IMO, Brad Childress is going to be seriously considered for a job this offseason.

Oh yea, I would love to have Mike Martz as our O-Coordinator, regardless of the type of offense he runs. The guy knows how to put up points.

gr8slayer
12-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Martz.

X-Era
12-07-2005, 10:25 AM
[quote=paladin warrior]1) Mike Martz

2) Bill Cowher

3)Jim Haslett

quote]

Ill play:

1) Jimmy Johnson
2) Brian Billick
3) Jim Haslett

AngryTeste
12-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Maybe the Bills can get Herm Edwards...

justasportsfan
12-07-2005, 10:48 AM
If we include the ones not available.

!) Weiss
2)Weiss
3)Weiss

elltrain22
12-07-2005, 11:51 AM
Jeff Fisher-if he's fired

Frank Beamer- could be enticed...

Jim Tressel- could be coersed...

Brian Billick- proven winner...

pleasesavedrew
12-07-2005, 01:41 PM
1.Charlie Weis
2.Wade Phillips (say what you want, havent made the playoffs since he left)
3.Mike Sherman

ublinkwescore
12-07-2005, 07:41 PM
who is Brad Childress?

ublinkwescore
12-07-2005, 07:42 PM
What about Marriucci?

MarvLevy
12-07-2005, 08:41 PM
I WANT JEFF FISHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MIGHT SETTLE ON JIM FASSEL, BUT I WANT FISHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akhippo
12-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Herm Edwards would be my first choice if he bails on NYJ. Straight forward, no BS, I think age doomed the Jets.

Fisher, Solid coach also.

Fassel, not sure of his style though

Haslett, maybe he just needs a change of scenery. Not to thrilled about him though.

No to Mariucci (to soft), Martz (idiot), or Billick.

As far as assistants and college coaches, not sure.

Nublar7
12-07-2005, 09:59 PM
If we include the ones not available.

!) Weiss
2)Weiss
3)WeissWho is Weiss? Never heard of him. I did hear of a guy named Weis, but never Weiss. ;)

wchutalkinboutwillis
12-07-2005, 10:22 PM
One thing Ralph should learn from the past 5 years is that you CAN hire a new Head Coach without Head Coach experience. Unfortunately, for Buffalo, it hasn't panned out. Look to Marvin Lewis, Fox, and Lovie Smith as examples of successes. I think the new and most effective trend is to find the established OC or DC and bring him in with the ABILITY to form a staff around him. I think if he's restrained or overly limited with authority (ahem), the players will sense it and lose respect. Perfect examples are Moulds and Adams who are two seasoned and successful veterans that have been around highly successful coaches and GM's in earlier days. They might not have what it takes to manage or coach a team but they sense what it takes because they've been there before. These two guys have lost their respect for management. I would say Adams lost it when Pat Williams was basically released. I sense that Moulds may have lost it when Bledsoe went.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Fassel- This is the coach who I wanted all along and he took the Giants to the SB
Holmgren-he has to be doing something right he's got the Seabirds playing good football and when he was coaching @ GB his team was always in the playoffs plus he's been with the best QB in the NFL Brett Favre so he could help Losman become a good QB
Vermeil-probably one of the classiest coaches in the NFL

Lexwhat
12-08-2005, 04:04 AM
who is Brad Childress?

Brad Childress has been the Eagles Offensive Coordinator for a number of years. He joined the Eagles in 1999, and has been their offensive coordinator for the last 4 years.

"There are a lot of different ways to win a football game," Childress says. "You have to be open-minded. Innovate and adjust, play to the tools you have. We've done that here. We have different personnel now than we had in the past. You need to utilize what you have."
-Childress

It's one thing to say it...but Childress seems to have proven that he is able to handle it with consistent offenses since he's been there. One good reason I would like to have him here is that he would obviously open up the passing game for JP as well as utilize Willis a lot more in the receiving department. The Eagles offense is a pretty unique. You can also be sure that he'll take care of the offensive line.

Imagine if we can bring in Childress as head coach and Mike Martz as Offensive-Coordinator. Surely there's enough firepower in those minds to save this sorry offense and take JP/Willis to the next level. But I guess it could implode as well, not really sure. Anyways, that's just a pipe dream. No reality.

IMO, Childress is probally going to get a job after this season is over. Hopefully we can at least get him to consider Buffalo.

I would be happy with some other coaches as well that I didnt mention.
Ron Rivera - (up and coming Bears D-Coordinator but still might be too inexperienced)
Jim Johnson - (probally happy with where he is making a lot of money as Philly's D-Coordinator).
Gary Kubiak - (Broncos O-Coordinator. However, not my first choice)
Kirk Ferentz - (Hear people on this board talking about him. Seems like a good choice. Dont know much about him though).

I just want a guy who is a guru and knows how to lead a team. If anything, we should at least interview some of those guys.

realdealryan
12-20-2007, 09:48 PM
1. Cam Cameron. I liked him in my backyard at IU and I didn't like how his offense lit us up.

2. Gil Haskell. Another offensive guy.

3. Marv Levy. Sentimental long shot.

PS Mularkey should be fired, no matter how much you think that TD's personnel choices are the problem. This guy isn't prepared to get dressed in the morning!

Old thread, anyone?

The offensive coordinator thread made me wonder who we were picking for HC two years ago. I picked Cam Cameron. I'm officially self-banned from coaching suggestion threads.

TigerJ
12-20-2007, 11:12 PM
If the Dolphins can him, Cameron deserves real consideration as an offensive coordinator.

njsue
12-21-2007, 12:30 AM
None of the 3. I choose Marty Schottenheimer!

Billzz
12-21-2007, 07:57 PM
1. Dick Jauron
2. Dick Jauron
3. Dick Jauron

He is and will be our coach for atlest the next 3 years barring he gets injured.

YardRat
12-21-2007, 09:44 PM
I'd take Cameron to replace Fairchild right now, but still think Turk gets his shot and AVP moves into the QB slot.

Jauron has cemented his position for at least another couple of years.

Mr. Miyagi
12-21-2007, 10:09 PM
First off, Cowher is not leaving the Steelers. PERIOD!

Secondly, Martz and Haslett? :funny: Where is the improvement? You guys will be going through the same crap you have been since Marv retired. Go out, and get a real prospect. You don't need to go for a retread coach who has recently failed. You really want to hire a coach that the SAINTS are going to fire? Yikes! Go for a proven coordinator or a winning college coach. Try to improve, and not just put a new face on the same situation. You may not want to here this, but you might just want to scrap everything and just rebuild from the beginning. Take 2-3 more losing seasons, so you can finally get a real winning team.
Anyone finds this comment humorous coming from a Dolphins fan?