PDA

View Full Version : Darn jury duty

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-07-2005, 12:10 AM
I got chosen as an alternate to be on a case that the judge says will last about 4-5 weeks!!! What in the world?!?!? My boss isn't very happy about this either.
Man I hate having such an honest face.

Devin
12-07-2005, 12:16 AM
Never had Jury duty.

Always seemed cool though.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-07-2005, 12:19 AM
This is my second time and second trial. The first time I was on a criminal case. This time a civil. It would be OK for a week but for four weeks sounds sucky.

Discotrish
12-07-2005, 08:44 AM
I got chosen as an alternate to be on a case that the judge says will last about 4-5 weeks!!! What in the world?!?!? My boss isn't very happy about this either.
Man I hate having such an honest face.

Shoulda told them you were pregnant. It worked for me -- I was bounced out of the pool that very day. Couldn't you have said you were an aggrieved victim of an unfair lawsuit?

Now you're going to have to come up with a neurological problem, or maybe incontinence.

Patti

EricStratton
12-07-2005, 08:50 AM
or maybe incontinence.
Patti

I tried that, all I got was to sit in the jury box with wet pants.

clumping platelets
12-07-2005, 10:30 AM
I said I could not be impartial. I went to another room with the attourneys on both sides and explained why, offered to prove it, and was dismissed.

I hate insurance companies :mad:

dannyek71
12-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Just go in saying some racial slurs under your breath when you are 1st called. There is no way youd be chosen, plus its totally legal to be privatly racist.

Novacane
12-07-2005, 11:06 AM
I was on a civil case last year. Some bimbo got hit by a city snow plow and was sueing the city for her own stupidity. She lost :funny:

Devin
12-07-2005, 11:12 AM
I said I could not be impartial. I went to another room with the attourneys on both sides and explained why, offered to prove it, and was dismissed.

I hate insurance companies :mad:

Thats a good one.