PDA

View Full Version : Hate to say it but it's time to think of the draft

Mitchy moo
12-07-2005, 07:33 AM
The Bills need to start thinking of next year and the draft. I really hate to say it but I really think that winning anymore games would hurt the team in the long run. We still have a chance at a high draft pick and could potentially take another teams 2 first picks and really help our lines out. We need to face a cold reality that you are only as good as your drafts and your coaching staff. If they have half a brain, they will play to lose. I know your always supposed to field your best team but getting other players game experience (like JP) & evaluating what you have/want to keep means playing everyone.

BLOchieF7
12-07-2005, 08:39 AM
1. OL
2. DT
both lines

Italian Stallion
12-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Honestly.....don't jump all over me here, but I want them to take that Tight End from UCLA Marcades Lewis. I think him paired with Kevin Everett could make for a bigtime duo for JP to lean on, especially if our WR position is depleted with Moulds gone.

This should only be an option though, if we signifigantly upgrade both lines in Free Agency.

I would perfer some veteran lineman that can help this team NOW, not that have to learn the pace of the NFL while protecting JP.

gr8slayer
12-07-2005, 10:20 AM
I wouldnt have any problems with using every single draft pick on OL and DL.

Night Train
12-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Trade down in Round 1. With 6-7 OT's projected in the 1st Round, the Bills can still get a quality one without overpaying. DT is also obvious but looks thin. Hope the scouts can spot some

Then again, it all comes down to who has the final say on draft day. No more midget WR's. OL and DL this year.

helmetguy
12-07-2005, 11:19 AM
I don't even dare think draft until I see what's going to happen with MANAGEMENT.

ParanoidAndroid
12-07-2005, 12:50 PM
1. Haloti Ngata DT
2. Daryn Colledge OT
3a. Hank Baskett WR
3b. Mike Degory C/G
4. Jarrad Page SS
5. Patrick Willis ILB
6. Jerious Norwood RB
7. Tye Gunn QB

Sign Hutchinson
Franchise Clements and look to deal him. Should get 2 picks for him. Pick up a CB and another DT, LB, or S.

We should also be looking at about a 4th round compensation pick for losing Williams and Jennings. We gained Anderson (sigh) so we won't get 2.