PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed!! Mularkey wants Moulds suspended!!!!

Mitchy moo
12-07-2005, 07:54 AM
There is a chance wide receiver Eric Moulds will not be on the field when the Buffalo Bills meet the New England Patriots on Sunday.
According to an NFL source, Bills coach Mike Mularkey told Moulds of his intention to suspend the player during a meeting Monday. Whether the suspension actually occurs depends on owner Ralph Wilson, who has the final say, the source said.

NFL policy states that a team can suspend a player up to four games for conduct detrimental to the team.

In the meantime, Moulds is not expected to attend today's practice and will not take part in any team activity until he meets with Wilson, which won't happen until Thursday at the earliest.

The possible suspension stems from Sunday's game in Miami when Moulds was benched for the entire second quarter and most of the second half. Moulds, who saw his team-record streak of 121 consecutive games with a catch come to an end, was visibly upset in the locker room following the Bills' 24-23 loss.

Moulds declined to comment about sit, but sources said he was frustrated by the lack of opportunities to make plays. Not only was Moulds shut out Sunday, quarterback J.P. Losman rarely looked in Moulds' direction.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051207/1051066.asp?tbd1051066.asp

Moulds disrespected JP and the coaches decisions, Bye bye.

McBFLO
12-07-2005, 07:59 AM
This organization, under Tom Donahoe and whatever loser coach he picks, is a complete embarassment.

Mitchy moo
12-07-2005, 08:02 AM
Moulds has been a J.O. off year and even lead to JP's benching. We were sacrificing the future to make him happy? The dude is way past his prime, bye bye.

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 08:14 AM
...and even lead to JP's benching.

No he did not. you're a moron.

Hey, are we still going to the playoffs ?

finsrclowns
12-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Mularkey should explain the full story of what really happened . Somebody's lying. Did Moulds ask out of the game? Was he benched? I'd like to know.

Iehoshua
12-07-2005, 08:36 AM
The reality of T.O. to Buffalo is getting clearer and clearer with each passing moment...

:evil:

tampabay25690
12-07-2005, 08:39 AM
This organization, under Tom Donahoe and whatever loser coach he picks, is a complete embarassment.

I agree with you 100% I am a big Moulds supporter and we will see a good Football player and a good guy in the community take off out of the Buffalo organization. ITS SAD!!!!!!

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 08:40 AM
The reality of T.O. to Buffalo is getting clearer and clearer with each passing moment...

hahhahaha. Oh well, who knows. I think there's gonna be a lot of surprises in the coming weeks as well in the off-season. Upgrading our talent, I hope, is one of those surprises.

Mularkey is a moron for wanting to suspend Moulds. He's looking for another scapegoat. It's one thing to want to sit Moulds down for a game to light a fire under him. But suspend him for the rest of the year? What a joke.

It would be interesting to know what happens in the meeting between Moulds and Ralph.

tampabay25690
12-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Moulds has been a J.O. off year and even lead to JP's benching. We were sacrificing the future to make him happy? The dude is way past his prime, bye bye.

You would have a problem too if you were Eric, when was the last time this guy actually had a decent QB for more then 2 years?????? He has been a stand up guy threw his whole time in Buffalo......LISTEN to all the things said on this board its the same way Eric feels, the poor guy wants to win.........

Its so obvious that we need some changes in this organization, TD has to go so we can move on....

DMBcrew36
12-07-2005, 08:43 AM
All you guys hating on Mularkey ........ why don't you wait to hear what Moulds did before you start criticizing him for this.... maybe Moulds did something to deserve whatever is going to happen to him?

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 08:45 AM
.LISTEN to all the things said on this board its the same way Eric feels, the poor guy wants to win.........

Yes!

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 08:49 AM
All you guys hating on Mularkey ........ why don't you wait to hear what Moulds did before you start criticizing him for this.... maybe Moulds did something to deserve whatever is going to happen to him?

Maybe so... I am judging this situation based on several factors.

1. Mularkey has alienated almost all of our veterens. Moulds seems to have always wanted one thing, and that was to win. Mularkey seems to have always said one thing, "we need to learn how to win close games. We need to get better in the red zone." I dont think anything has changed since he's been here. The Miami game confirmed all my beliefs about Mularkey.

2. This team hasen't been in this type of mess for a while.

3. Once again, I believe Mularkey is looking for a scapegoat for such an embarrasing loss. What better way than to suspend Moulds? Morons.

DMBcrew36
12-07-2005, 08:52 AM

1. Mularkey has alienated almost all of our veterens. Moulds seems to have always wanted one thing, and that was to win. Mularkey seems to have always said one thing, "we need to learn how to win close games. We need to get better in the red zone." I dont think anything has changed since he's been here. The Miami game confirmed all my beliefs about Mularkey.

3. Once again, I believe Mularkey is looking for a scapegoat for such an embarrasing loss. What better way than to suspend Moulds? Morons.

I'm not saying Mularkey's hands are clean, but it's hard to blame him for all this when we don't even know what happened. Everything is speculation at this point.

OpIv37
12-07-2005, 08:52 AM

I'd neg you again, but the first 4 apparently didn't get the point across. **** NO to T.O.!!!!

btw, Owens is 32- that's getting up there.

OpIv37
12-07-2005, 08:53 AM
I'm not saying Mularkey's hands are clean, but it's hard to blame him for all this when we don't even know what happened. Everything is speculation at this point.

Moulds, Adams, Fletcher- Adams has had problems in the past, but Fletcher and Moulds were never ones to mouth off before this year. I tend to think it's Mularkey.

fabolouspaul
12-07-2005, 08:57 AM
No he did not. you're a moron.

Hey, are we still going to the playoffs ?

:lmao:

Philagape
12-07-2005, 08:58 AM

If Moulds is on the verge of suspension, how long do you think Owens would last here? His rap sheet of incidents is many times longer than Moulds' (as is his contract)

justasportsfan
12-07-2005, 08:58 AM

3. Once again, I believe Mularkey is looking for a scapegoat for such an embarrasing loss. What better way than to suspend Moulds? Morons.:up:

This is gonna turn into, DF vs. GW. Of course, TD will chose the mistake. By the time TD and Mularkey is gone, we won't have any players left. The longer TD stays, the more we will see players leave this org.

Novacane
12-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Come on Eric. Tell Ralph what a bunch of morons he has running his team. Tell him we're never going anywhere until these dopes are fired.

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Moulds, Adams, Fletcher- Adams has had problems in the past, but Fletcher and Moulds were never ones to mouth off before this year. I tend to think it's Mularkey.

Also, IMO, Mularkey tries to make examples out of our star players only and making them scapegoats. Mularkey needs a scapegoat to deflect attention from his poor coaching in Miami. He did the same with Willis when we lost to Tampa. He did the same for Sam. But there are players who are "yes-men" to Mularkey that don't get called out even though they should too. (Posey, Villarial, Bennie Anderson, Coy Wire, Mark Campbell, Tim Euhus).

If I had to make a prediction, Lawyer Milloy will be the next one called out. I am surprised it didnt already happen. I believe the only reason Mularkey has held back is that he knows Coy Wire is the guy behind Milloy and that our coverage would fall apart with Wire in there.

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 09:06 AM
:up:

This is gonna turn into, DF vs. GW. Of course, TD will chose the mistake. By the time TD and Mularkey is gone, we won't have any players left. The longer TD stays, the more we will see players leave this org.

:teary:

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 09:06 AM
But there are players who are "yes-men" to Mularkey that don't get called out even though they should too. (Posey, Villarial, Bennie Anderson, Coy Wire, Mark Campbell, Tim Euhus).

If I had to make a prediction, Lawyer Milloy will be the next one called out. I am surprised it didnt already happen. I believe the only reason Mularkey has held back is that he knows Coy Wire is the guy behind Milloy and that our coverage would fall apart with Wire in there.

Anyone agree about Milloy? Just a hypothetical situation I guess.

justasportsfan
12-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Anyone agree about Milloy? Just a hypothetical situation I guess.I wouldn't be surprised. That's why we saw Leonard a lot in there against the fins.

Novacane
12-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Have you seen how many tackles Milloy has missed this year? That has nothing to do with bad coaching. I could care less if he gets benched.

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Have you seen how many tackles Milloy has missed this year? That has nothing to do with bad coaching. I could care less if he gets benched.

I know that, but that wasnt the point I was trying to make. I was just saying that Mularkey likes to make examples out of our veterens and not of "yes-men" like the ones I mentioned.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Anyone agree about Milloy? Just a hypothetical situation I guess.

Milloy has an attitude so I would say yes.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Lex, you are not going to like this because you love Moulds but Moulds has lost his talent. His little turn around move doesn't work anymore (too slow). He doesn't make the difficult catches like he used to. He's lost his heart. Maybe 10 years of losing games does that to you. Losman has played very well for a rookie. I can't blame Losman for looking for Evans or Parrish as they have been very supportive with his development. Moulds needs to go and his attitude has been evident to everyone who posts here. I'm just being objective. My daughter loved Moulds and he was my favorite player but that was than and this is now.

As far as TO if you can get him with a 2 year deal than you bring him in. He's the best reciever in the league. PERIOD. He's a pain in the ass but he would be our pain in the ass. What do we have to lose?! Did anybody notice that we are 4-8?! What team chemistry is he upsetting?! He would sell tickets and bring some excitement to this pathetic team.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Plus a little media exposure for Buffalo would be a good thing!!!

justasportsfan
12-07-2005, 09:29 AM
Lex, you are not going to like this because you love Moulds but Moulds has lost his talent. His little turn around move doesn't work anymore (too slow). He doesn't make the difficult catches like he used to. He's lost his heart. Maybe 10 years of losing games does that to you. Losman has played very well for a rookie. I can't blame Losman for looking for Evans or Parrish as they have been very supportive with his development. Moulds needs to go and his attitude has been evident to everyone who posts here. I'm just being objective. My daughter loved Moulds and he was my favorite player but that was than and this is now.

As far as TO if you can get him with a 2 year deal than you bring him in. He's the best reciever in the league. PERIOD. He's a pain in the ass but he would be our pain in the ass. What do we have to lose?! Did anybody notice that we are 4-8?! What team chemistry is he upsetting?! He would sell tickets and bring some excitement to this pathetic team. Without looking for stats, I guarantee you, that MOulds has not been thrown to deep compared to when Flutie was here or Drews first year. You cannot tell me that he has lost anything until you show me they've thrown to him deep. The only time I can remember him going deep and fighting for a pass was against the Pats last year. He scored a TD. They haven't made him run deep and let Evans do it instead.

Even at camp Losman would barely go deep. With Holcomb Moulds would get the ball more often. Again, before you tell anyone he's a has been, look at the qb's, the OL, the coaches.Who caught Holcomb's first TD in the endzone . Moulds. Why ? because he was thrown to.

I'll tell you this much, we were ranked 26th passing game last year and where are we now? It's the coach.

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 09:32 AM

As far as TO if you can get him with a 2 year deal than you bring him in. He's the best reciever in the league. PERIOD. He's a pain in the ass but he would be our pain in the ass. What do we have to lose?! Did anybody notice that we are 4-8?! What team chemistry is he upsetting?! He would sell tickets and bring some excitement to this pathetic team.

I agree 100% that Moulds isn't worth the money we are paying him. That's why something will need to be done this off-season with his numbers or status on the team. After this situation, I am 99% sure he won't be back with the team. I wish him well and hope he gets to play for a contender.

As far as his value on the team, I think we dont appreciate him enough. Sure, he's not the player he once was. But in another post I said he opens things up for the rest of the offense just like Pat Williams did for the defense. Is that worth 10 million a year? No. But we're going to need to find a real replacement. If Evans goes in as #1 next year, IMO, he will have a slow year because he will be double-teamed all year and our passing game would go from 29th to 32nd.

I have also said the same about TO. If he was to ever come here, I would throw him a 1-2 year contract. That way, we can cut him if we need to and wont suffer much of a loss.

However, I also would like to see Brad Childress here. If Childress is here, TO will never be.

NC-BILLS44
12-07-2005, 09:48 AM
This organization is a joke!!!!!

When the veteran players voiced their opinion regarding JP earlier this year, I applauded them for being leaders and wanting to win ball games. Switching to Holcomb was definitely needed. JP was a deer in the headlights at that point of the season.

I thought Moulds did an admirable job of biting his tongue at the press conference.

I think there may be a power struggle for leadership of the team. MM evidently doesn't want Adams and Moulds to be the leaders. He probably wants this to be JP's team. Well, if that's the case then JP needs to step up and defend Moulds.

Just some thoughts.

justasportsfan
12-07-2005, 09:51 AM
This organization is a joke!!!!!
When the veteran players voiced their opinion regarding JP earlier this year, I applauded them for being leaders and wanting to win ball games. Switching to Holcomb was definitely needed. JP was a deer in the headlights at that point of the season.
I thought Moulds did an admirable job of biting his tongue at the press conference.
I think there may be a power struggle for leadership of the team. MM evidently doesn't want Adams and Moulds to be the leaders. He probably wants this to be JP's team. Well, if that's the case then JP needs to step up and defend Moulds.
Just some thoughts.
Mularkey has balls when it comes to players. When TD's says something, MM wears his knee pds.

Devin
12-07-2005, 09:56 AM
I agree with you 100% I am a big Moulds supporter and we will see a good Football player and a good guy in the community take off out of the Buffalo organization. ITS SAD!!!!!!

Yeah man, this is pathetic. E-Mo deserves better then this. I hope that Ralph lets him play.

dannyek71
12-07-2005, 10:12 AM
remind anyone of the ruben brown saga?

justasportsfan
12-07-2005, 10:14 AM
By wanting to suspend Moulds, Mularkey is trying to find someone else to blame for the bills' biggest embarrassing breakdown that he himself created.

mysticsoto
12-07-2005, 10:14 AM

And yet, when Moulds is in, he still commands double teams instead of Evans getting them...

HHURRICANE
12-07-2005, 10:20 AM
And yet, when Moulds is in, he still commands double teams instead of Evans getting them...

Yeah, Bruce Smith got double and tripled teamed and he still knew how to sack the QB. Do you watch the games?! He doesn't have the speed to get open. I'm not saying it's all his fault, because our OL sucks but he is not TO. Matter-of-fact people forget he came out of the top draft class for receivers ever. There are still 5 or 6 players from that class that are still playing way better than him.

justasportsfan
12-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Yeah, Bruce Smith got double and tripled teamed and he still knew how to sack the QB. Do you watch the games?! He doesn't have the speed to get open. I'm not saying it's all his fault, because our OL sucks but he is not TO. Matter-of-fact people forget he came out of the top draft class for receivers ever. There are still 5 or 6 players from that class that are still playing way better than him. Yes, we watch games and obviously you don't understand what you watch.

Using Bruce as an example to compare to a wr is stupid. A qb will throw less to a wr that is double teamed and instead throw to a player who is capable of beating single covereage like Peerless and Evans. How can you not see that?

A DE being double teamed has nothing to do w/ Moulds. :shakeno:

X-Era
12-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Yeah man, this is pathetic. E-Mo deserves better then this. I hope that Ralph lets him play.

Let me ask you something.

Since we all hate Mularkey, what would Parcells do in this same situation?

Play by the rules here, lets just say that Eric had the exact same issue with Parcells, what would Parcells do?

If you hate Mularkey, fine. But lets not lose our sense of right from wrong while we are at it.

I want our head coach to step up and kick these players right square in the pants when they act up, thats how you build a winners attitude and mental toughness.

With Mularkey its too little and too late becasue he already lost his players. But, it IS the right way to handle some of the ego's and winning, proven, SB coaches would have done the same or worse.

Mr. Cynical
12-07-2005, 10:45 AM

:negrep:

:;

Mr. Cynical
12-07-2005, 10:46 AM
More sauce for the goose that is this front office.

TD :bigwave:

MM :bigwave:

ParanoidAndroid
12-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Without looking for stats, I guarantee you, that MOulds has not been thrown to deep compared to when Flutie was here or Drews first year. You cannot tell me that he has lost anything until you show me they've thrown to him deep. The only time I can remember him going deep and fighting for a pass was against the Pats last year. He scored a TD. They haven't made him run deep and let Evans do it instead.

Even at camp Losman would barely go deep. With Holcomb Moulds would get the ball more often. Again, before you tell anyone he's a has been, look at the qb's, the OL, the coaches.Who caught Holcomb's first TD in the endzone . Moulds. Why ? because he was thrown to.

I'll tell you this much, we were ranked 26th passing game last year and where are we now? It's the coach.

Moulds has been thrown to deep a handful of times this year and each time, he was blanketed. He's noticeably slower than he was a couple years ago.

Michael82
12-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Ralph Wilson will not sit by and let one of the most loyal Buffalo Bills players on the team get suspended for the season and lose out on saying goodbye to the fans. I hope Ralph says **** off Mularkey and then in turn fires Mularkey, Donahoe and the rest of this power hungry regime.

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 10:57 AM

Play by the rules here, lets just say that Eric had the exact same issue with Parcells, what would Parcells do?.

Not trying to be a smart-ass, but I will tell you one thing. If Parcells was coaching this team, Holcomb would still be our starting QB. If indeed JP was even starting to begin with, Parcells would've benched him and started Holcomb.

Besdies, Mularkey is nothing like Parcells. I have no respect for Mularkey and I believe he's looking for another scapegoat once again to deflect attention from his garbage coaching. The problem lies in the fact that Mularkey is doing that, not necessarily in the sense that it has to do only with Moulds. Mularkey is doing this with all the veterns and doesn't want those guys to be the leaders (IMO). Mularkey is benching or calling-out anyone who questions him.

Again, if he's benching players based on performance, what are guys like Posey, Campbell, Tim Euhus, Bennie Anderson, Troy Vincent, and Josh Reed still doing? Obviously, there's something else going on here. Mularkey loves his "yes-men" and anyone can see that.

Watch out Lawyer Milloy, you might be next.

DraftBoy
12-07-2005, 10:57 AM
I really lean no way on this, Im tired of everything being the organizations fault and yet nobody willing to call players out on their lack of production. I dont see how we can use the fact that Moulds faced double teams this season as an excuse for him. Since you know he's been facing them for the last 5-7 years. His production has dropped off noticeably and the top WR's in the NFL beat the coverages consistently, and Evans beat them last weekend a few times, other times he looked over matched. Another bit of this is MM just plain being a complete tool and not knowing how to coach. The stupid friggin gadget and trick plays are ridiculous and he obviously has a Napoleon syndrome of types since he cant take constructive criticism that is a good question like "WHY THE **** DIDNT WE RUN THE ******* BALL?!" (not using Moulds exact words). So its both of their faults as to why Eric isnt doing so hot this year, but for the suspension Ill bite my tounge till I see the full story. But Im looking at Eric looking for the easiest way out of Buffalo, not that I can blame him.

dolphinssuck
12-07-2005, 10:58 AM
As much as I like Moulds he has lost astep and made he does need to go and be replaced by a younger player! I believe that would help with the passing game drastically! As for TO dont want him hes a problem and a selfish yes hes the best but to have that kinda mess on a team cant do you much good! Especially with a young QB like Losman all he would do is whine and gripe about the play of JP!:cry:

Michael82
12-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Either way, I am going to wear my Eric Moulds jersey in protest and support for one of my all time favorite players on this team. This guy has stuck thru all kinds of **** and helped the team when he was asked to change his contract around. He also took less to stay here in the first place, IMO. He deserves better than this. I know I have spoken out against Moulds in the past, but if he is the one that has to take a stand and protest this **** coaching staff and the awful play calls, then he's got my support.

justasportsfan
12-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Moulds has been thrown to deep a handful of times this year and each time, he was blanketed. He's noticeably slower than he was a couple years ago.
Moulds is not and never was a speedster. His made a living fighting for the ball when thrown up in the air. His best years were w/ DF doing so. The midget was the least accurate qb ever but Moulds made him look better than he was. Drew would rather take a sack than take a chance.

Why do you think Moulds kept telling JP to trust his wr's. Didn't JP take Moulds advice and trusted Evans to make plays against the fish? How did that turn out?

Early this year, Moulds has been interfered w/ when thrown to while running a deep routes because of his size. This should've been done a lot especially w/ refs concentrating of pass interferance. Instead , MM tells him to run short routes again and Evans to go deep. Not a problem except that, Holcomb doesn't have the arm to go deep to evans thus, D's double teaming Moulds and with a weak arm, takes Evans out of the play.

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 11:03 AM
I really lean no way on this, Im tired of everything being the organizations fault and yet nobody willing to call players out on their lack of production.

Again, I ask, why would Mularkey call out/want to suspend/want to bench guys like Sam Adams, Eric Moulds, and Willis while letting guys like Josh Reed, Posey, and the ones I mentioned above play their usual average games? You and some other posters are still not answering that question.

ParanoidAndroid
12-07-2005, 11:06 AM

Play by the rules here, lets just say that Eric had the exact same issue with Parcells, what would Parcells do?

If you hate Mularkey, fine. But lets not lose our sense of right from wrong while we are at it.

I want our head coach to step up and kick these players right square in the pants when they act up, thats how you build a winners attitude and mental toughness.

With Mularkey its too little and too late becasue he already lost his players. But, it IS the right way to handle some of the ego's and winning, proven, SB coaches would have done the same or worse.

That is a moot point since Moulds wouldn't have a problem with a winning coach.
Even if he did have a problem, he would likely be in the minority and would end up apologizing.
Mularkey made the mistake that so many first year teachers/coaches make...he tried to be the students'/players' buddy instead of their leader. NFL players are basically a bunch of spoiled rich little brats who can't stand it when they don't get their way. If you lay down the law from day 1 and show them they can succeed your way, then they will respect you.
I have been defending Mularkey, but after this game, there is no way this team believes in the system.
It's too late for him now. I would be very surprised to see him back on the sidelines next year.

chernobylwraiths
12-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Come on Eric. Tell Ralph what a bunch of morons he has running his team. Tell him we're never going anywhere until these dopes are fired.

We can only hope Ralph listens.

ParanoidAndroid
12-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Moulds is not and never was a speedster. His made a living fighting for the ball when thrown up in the air. His best years were w/ DF doing so. The midget was the least accurate qb ever but Moulds made him look better than he was. Drew would rather take a sack than take a chance.

Why do you think Moulds kept telling JP to trust his wr's. Didn't JP take Moulds advice and trusted Evans to make plays against the fish? How did that turn out?

Early this year, Moulds has been interfered w/ when thrown to while running a deep routes because of his size. This should've been done a lot especially w/ refs concentrating of pass interferance. Instead , MM tells him to run short routes again and Evans to go deep. Not a problem except that, Holcomb doesn't have the arm to go deep to evans thus, D's double teaming Moulds and with a weak arm, takes Evans out of the play.

He is even slower than he was...he gets no separation at all down the sideline. He doesn't have the vertical leaping ability he once had either. The last couple of years he has been outfought more than the other way around.
I like him as a player....don't get me wrong. I just think he is already playing for another team. Maybe his career will reignite like Galloway's and McCardell's.

Historian
12-07-2005, 11:39 AM

Doesn't matter.

Whomever is at fault...it makes the organization look bush league.

And players talk. It could impact future FAs, etc, on whether they wish to come here or not.

This team has never handled the aging veterans with any class whatsoever. Fergy, Thurman, Bruce, Smerlas, the list is so long, that you could dedicate a website to it.

And that starts at the top.

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Doesn't matter.

Whomever is at fault...it makes the organization look bush league.

And players talk. It could impact future FAs, etc, on whether they wish to come here or not.

This team has never handled the aging veterans with any class whatsoever. Fergy, Thurman, Bruce, Smerlas, the list is so long, that you could dedicate a website to it.

And that starts at the top.
And they wonder why Ralph isn't in the Hall of Fame. :cynic:

If Harvey Johnson were still alive he'd be GM or HC right now.

Historian
12-07-2005, 12:06 PM
And they wonder why Ralph isn't in the Hall of Fame. :cynic:
If Harvey Johnson were still alive he'd be GM or HC right now.

Exactly....that's all I'm trying to say.

I have to run to work, but I'm going to take a little notepad and jot down names while I'm ther of players who were mifed by the organization upon their departure. Those four popped into my head as I was typing the post.

I'm sure there are dozens.

How about Reuben? Does anyone really know what happened there?

Will we ever know?

chernobylwraiths
12-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Steve Christie, John Holocek, Henry Jones, Pat Williams, Ted Washington...

Bruce Smith is a bad example. Bruce was always about the money.

X-Era
12-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Not trying to be a smart-ass, but I will tell you one thing. If Parcells was coaching this team, Holcomb would still be our starting QB. If indeed JP was even starting to begin with, Parcells would've benched him and started Holcomb.

Besdies, Mularkey is nothing like Parcells. I have no respect for Mularkey and I believe he's looking for another scapegoat once again to deflect attention from his garbage coaching. The problem lies in the fact that Mularkey is doing that, not necessarily in the sense that it has to do only with Moulds. Mularkey is doing this with all the veterns and doesn't want those guys to be the leaders (IMO). Mularkey is benching or calling-out anyone who questions him.

Again, if he's benching players based on performance, what are guys like Posey, Campbell, Tim Euhus, Bennie Anderson, Troy Vincent, and Josh Reed still doing? Obviously, there's something else going on here. Mularkey loves his "yes-men" and anyone can see that.

Watch out Lawyer Milloy, you might be next.

I realize this thread is an extension of our conversations the other day.

You didnt answer the question. What would Parcells or Johnson do with this Moulds situation.

X-Era
12-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Again, I ask, why would Mularkey call out/want to suspend/want to bench guys like Sam Adams, Eric Moulds, and Willis while letting guys like Josh Reed, Posey, and the ones I mentioned above play their usual average games? You and some other posters are still not answering that question.

these guys are getting themselves in trouble with their mouths, another guy on this team was benched and only blamed himself for being the reason. As a matter of fact, he came back and played even better. Its just the difference between winners and losers, but you already knew that. :peace:

DraftBoy
12-07-2005, 04:58 PM

Jesus its not a hard answer what do those three players do that the others dont? They are big time names and they talk. If you run your mouth you are going to become a target. Now answer my question as to why you always blame the staff and give the players a free pass? JP throws an INT its the coaches fault, Moulds cant catch a cold, coaches fault. Defense sucks-Coaches fault. The fans are worst about trying to find a scapeoat than we accuse MM of being.

X-Era
12-07-2005, 04:59 PM
That is a moot point since Moulds wouldn't have a problem with a winning coach.
Even if he did have a problem, he would likely be in the minority and would end up apologizing.
Mularkey made the mistake that so many first year teachers/coaches make...he tried to be the students'/players' buddy instead of their leader. NFL players are basically a bunch of spoiled rich little brats who can't stand it when they don't get their way. If you lay down the law from day 1 and show them they can succeed your way, then they will respect you.
I have been defending Mularkey, but after this game, there is no way this team believes in the system.
It's too late for him now. I would be very surprised to see him back on the sidelines next year.

The only reason you would dance around answering the direct question is because you see your error.

Turf
12-07-2005, 07:10 PM

The reason being is that overacheiving and more motivated players don't want to put up with the BS they are seeing. They know what we all know Roscoe doesnt belong in at QB. Did anyone notice a few plays later we set up a screen to him? It probably was an option pass anyways. Tricky tricky sly slick one that MM is. Wiley Mularkey. Stay on your toes because he might fool you Parcells. Pretty soon I'm going to see MM wave his hand in front of his face like Bert from Soap and disappear.

Mitchy moo
12-07-2005, 07:59 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post1270592 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175></TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1270592><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10px; WIDTH: 100%" align=left><!-- icon and title -->We might have won sunday if it wasn't for the new baby
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I give MM a big neg. for not being able to keep the teams chemistry together. He divided the team when he switched Qb's and everyone took a side. Differences were aired and exposed.

E-MO this weekend took it upon himself to stay off the field because he was frustrated they were not throwing to him. He distracted the team and really acted like a child. It seems every week we have a big game one of these "veterans" blows a fuse if they don't get their way. Sam adams being a baby before carolina and E-moulds during the Miami game.

Distractions before/during the game easily change your plans and destroy your focus on what's important, the opponents.

They have been too busy fighting themselves instead of learning who the real opponent is, the other team. It shows in the standings, it shows on the field and it shows on all of these boards. It's just is quite simply a shame.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=87154

Mitchy moo
12-08-2005, 12:13 AM
New update:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-moulds&prov=ap&type=lgns

Throne Logic
12-08-2005, 01:14 AM
Jesus its not a hard answer what do those three players do that the others dont? They are big time names and they talk. If you run your mouth you are going to become a target. Now answer my question as to why you always blame the staff and give the players a free pass? JP throws an INT its the coaches fault, Moulds cant catch a cold, coaches fault. Defense sucks-Coaches fault. The fans are worst about trying to find a scapeoat than we accuse MM of being.

This is true. But can you really defend this coaching staff? I tried for a while, but it's become clear to me that this staff is just not up to the task of managing an NFL team either on or off the field. As for the players, I'm certainly starting to wonder about the guys who gathered this bunch of overpaid, loudmouth, has-beens and never-was'es.

I get ill when I think of how difficult a task it will be to fix this mess. It's going to take a lot more than a DL, OL, and a safety. This team needs a fresh start. Clean house, starting with the Front Office and coaching staff. Purge all the riff-raff from the squad and build a fresh new team around the young core. It may take a couple years, but I'd feel much better about supporting a promising young underdog team than this gaggle of whining underachievers.

Mitchy moo
12-08-2005, 07:33 AM
years tl, years.