PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Eric Moulds = Mental ******ation!

Patrick76777
12-07-2005, 08:06 AM
This guy is still one of the top WR’s in the league and we have him under contract! I don’t care how much he’s making and I don’t care if he’s had a problem with Mularkey. We’ve all had problems with Mularkey!

I don’t know why Bills fans always feel that we need to cut and or fire EVERYBODY!

I’m going to slit my wrists next season when Eric Moulds catches 105 balls for 14 TD’s for the Philadelphia Eagles and we’re ranked 28 in passing offense.

Save this thread because if we cut him, I guarantee that my numbers will be right.

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 08:15 AM
We’ve all had problems with Mularkey!

I don’t know why Bills fans always feel that we need to cut and or fire EVERYBODY!

Exactly! and

exactly! :goodpost:

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2005, 08:18 AM
We can still fire Mullarkey and TD though, right Pat?

BidsJr
12-07-2005, 08:19 AM
I’m going to slit my wrists next season when Eric Moulds catches 105 balls for 14 TD’s for the Philadelphia Eagles and we’re ranked 28 in passing offense.

Well 28th in passing offense would be an improvement over this year. (Currently 29th)

:lmao:

Patrick76777
12-07-2005, 08:25 AM
We can still fire Mullarkey and TD though, right Pat?

2 weeks ago, I didn't want to fire anybody but Coy Wire. Today, I'm strongly in favor of firing Mike Mularky and Coy Wire.

TD's on the fence for me. I think he's made great player moves, but terrible coaching moves. If I knew that he would fire MM and bring in a guy with Exp. and not cut Moulds, Adams and make a real attepmt to keep Clements, I'd be willing to give him one more year. But he'd have to do all 4 things.

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2005, 08:28 AM
2 weeks ago, I didn't want to fire anybody but Coy Wire. Today, I'm strongly in favor of firing Mike Mularky and Coy Wire.

TD's on the fence for me. I think he's made great player moves, but terrible coaching moves. If I knew that he would fire MM and bring in a guy with Exp. and not cut Moulds, Adams and make a real attepmt to keep Clements, I'd be willing to give him one more year. But he'd have to do all 4 things.
TD GM's like he doesn't want to get fired. He doesn't want to be outmaneuvered like he was with Cowher. That's why he hires such "weak" head coaches and has separate contracts with the coordinators. The HC can never get into a battle with him, because he's happy to be here and he nhas no ammo anyhow.

Patrick76777
12-07-2005, 08:30 AM
TD GM's like he doesn't want to get fired. He doesn't want to be outmaneuvered like he was with Cowher. That's why he hires such "weak" head coaches and has separate contracts with the coordinators. The HC can never get into a battle with him, because he's happy to be here and he nhas no ammo anyhow.

I agree 100% And that's why I'd have to have know that he's willing to buck that trend and bring in a guy with Exp.

TedMock
12-07-2005, 08:35 AM
As much as Mould's has ticked me off over the last two seasons, I do like the guy. However, I wouldn't be heart-broken if he left. I understand his frustration, but it's not a reason to stop acting like a pro. Complaining, quitting, etc. shows exactly what type of character he has. Frankly, I'm disappointed, and disgusted. All of us have been guilty of overrating this guy for a long time. He has always gone through stretches of having the dropsies during the year, but the acrobatic catches he used to make allowed us to forget the drops. I understand he's not getting the ball this year, but when he does he's not even trying to break tackles like he was so good at doing for a long time. Tackle-breaking was his strongest asset, and he doen't have that anymore. I honestly don't feel that he's one of the best WR's in the game. I think he's a quality starter who on certain teams could still put up good numbers, but not the threatening talent that could put up numbers in any system. If he stays, fantastic. If he goes, thanks for the memories and good luck...sorry I'm not more upset.

finsrclowns
12-07-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm not commenting on Moulds until the truth of what happened Sunday is revealed. If Moulds is suspended as is rumored maybe then we'll hear the truth. If Moulds pulled himself out of the game possibly out of jealousy at the game Evans was having and then wanted back in later but was told no, then I'll comment.

OpIv37
12-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Patrick, you call other people tards, then you post this junk? By what standard is Moulds a top receiver? When was his last 100 yard game? Even last year when Bledsoe tore it up late in the season, he was going to Evans more than Moulds. Moulds has like 2 good games a season and he's become a loudmouth now too. Plus his cap hit is ridiculous for someone with his age and numbers. How can you justify keeping him.

And then defending TD? In his tenure, we have the 4th worst record in the league at 30-46 and have yet to make the playoffs. You said yourself you want Mularkey fired- that means he's made 2 bad coaching choices in two tries. What is there to defend about this guy?

Patrick76777
12-07-2005, 09:02 AM
Patrick, you call other people tards, then you post this junk? By what standard is Moulds a top receiver? When was his last 100 yard game? Even last year when Bledsoe tore it up late in the season, he was going to Evans more than Moulds. Moulds has like 2 good games a season and he's become a loudmouth now too. Plus his cap hit is ridiculous for someone with his age and numbers. How can you justify keeping him.

And then defending TD? In his tenure, we have the 4th worst record in the league at 30-46 and have yet to make the playoffs. You said yourself you want Mularkey fired- that means he's made 2 bad coaching choices in two tries. What is there to defend about this guy?

Bledsoe tore it up!!!??? LMAO.

I'm done!

justasportsfan
12-07-2005, 09:05 AM
Even last year when Bledsoe tore it up late in the season, he was going to Evans more than Moulds. Do you even know what you watch or do you react based on emotion? Why do you think Evans got those passes? Just LIke Peerless , Evans gets open when teams double team Moulds. Helloooo!

You can say what you want, Moulds should and will be on the bills wall of fame some day. Mularkey and TD will be on the Wall of Shame along w/ TD's other biggest mistake ,GW.

Novacane
12-07-2005, 09:08 AM
I'm on his side in the fight with moron Mularkey but Moulds stats from the last 3 years don't back up your claim that he's still one of the best WR in the league. If he takes a big pay cut keep him.......otherwise he needs to go

Philagape
12-07-2005, 09:11 AM
It's a fact of life in the NFL that expensive, declining veterans get cut. Especially when we have so many other needs. He's had a great career but has nowhere to go but down.

justasportsfan
12-07-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm on his side in the fight with moron Mularkey but Moulds stats from the last 3 years don't back up your claim that he's still one of the best WR in the league. If he takes a big pay cut keep him.......otherwise he needs to goWhen Drew first came here, Moulds was running deep, check out his numbers then. Check out his numbers when a weak armed midget was throwing the ball up in the air.

The last 3 years Moulds has been asked to run shorter routes and up the middle because Drew needed to get the ball out quickly. No one on this team is better than him . He can play deep or up the middle.

Since Evans can stretch the field, it's only logical to put Moulds up the middle. When you run a wr up the middle , he isn't gonna get a lot of yardage.
Some people here who don't know what the hell they are watching base a players performance on stats. They don't see what their presence can do to a D that helps the other wr's get free.

They do not see what a player like Moulds does to help the other wr's develop. They also blame his nos. on him and not the OL and qb.

I hope Moulds goes to the Colts. After all these years of being a GREAT Bill, he deserves to go to a team that knows football and not a team that rebuilds every year under a ret@rded GM who keeps grabbing coordinators who don't know how to run a team.

OpIv37
12-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Do you even know what you watch or do you react based on emotion? Why do you think Evans got those passes? Just LIke Peerless , Evans gets open when teams double team Moulds. Helloooo!
You can say what you want, Moulds should and will be on the bills wall of fame some day. Mularkey and TD will be on the Wall of Shame along w/ TD's other biggest mistake ,GW.

I don't want to take away from what Moulds has done in the past- I'm saying that NOW, his numbers and performance don't justify his cap hit. If teams are still double-teaming Moulds, they are stupid. There's no need at this point. On the few plays he was on the field on Sunday, Sam Madison had no problem shutting him down one-on-one. The cat is out of the bag on Moulds, and the days of him opening it up for Evans by drawing double teams are over.

OpIv37
12-07-2005, 09:37 AM
Bledsoe tore it up!!!??? LMAO.
I'm done!

2004 Bills:

Oct 31 Arizona Won 38-14
Nov 7 N.Y. Jets Won 22-17
Nov 14 @New England Lost 6-29
Nov 21 St. Louis Won 37-17
Nov 28 @Seattle Won 38-9
Dec 5 @Miami Won 42-32
Dec 12 Cleveland Won 37-7
Dec 19 @Cincinnati Won 33-17
Dec 26 @San Francisco Won 41-7
Jan 2 Pittsburgh Lost 24-29

8-2 over a 10 game span with 7 games over 33 points? If that's not tearing it up, what is?

Granted, it wasn't all Bledsoe, but the point is that everyone was getting their stats (even the D) and Moulds wasn't a huge factor.

Face it- the guy's washed up and has no business counting $9 million against the cap.

justasportsfan
12-07-2005, 09:39 AM
I don't want to take away from what Moulds has done in the past- I'm saying that NOW, his numbers and performance don't justify his cap hit. If teams are still double-teaming Moulds, they are stupid. There's no need at this point. On the few plays he was on the field on Sunday, Sam Madison had no problem shutting him down one-on-one. The cat is out of the bag on Moulds, and the days of him opening it up for Evans by drawing double teams are over.

I've agreed with that. However, Mularkey isn't worth a penny either. I would rather overpay Moulds than pay Mularkey a penny to be our coach.

I'd get rid of TD and Mularkey before I get rid of Moulds. We got beat by the Fins because they threw to their best wr whuile we benched ours. Even when Chambers was dropping balls all over the place, their OC stuck with the plan and won the game.

Plain and simple, the idiot deserved to get his ass handed to him by one of the worst teams in the league. It's not like we were playing the Colts.

Mularkey

Against Pitts back ups = LOSS

Against Oakland back up dbs = LOSS

Against NO back up dbs = LOSS

Against Miami back up lb's and qb = LOSS.

People are telling me it's Moulds fault that MM decides not to take advantage against depleted DB's? yeah right.

The dude is an idiot. At least GW could beat back ups.

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 09:39 AM

IMO, as recently as last year, he opened things up for Evans. Everyone knows that, and even Evans said it several times.

During the NE game, Moulds was not double-teamed on many of the plays. You saw what he did. Now, I will be the first to say that Moulds cannot beat the double team like he used to. But single-covering him all game is a mistake. If Moulds is gone next year, which is likely, look for Evans to struggle. I dont want to see that happen, but I'm afraid it will.

Lexwhat
12-07-2005, 09:41 AM
Mularkey

Against Pitts back ups = LOSS

Against Oakland back up dbs = LOSS

Against NO back up dbs = LOSS

Against Miami back up lb's and qb = LOSS.

The dude is an idiot. At least GW could beat back ups.

Don't forget the Atlanta back-ups. When DeAngelo Hall was out of the game, early, what did we do?

justasportsfan
12-07-2005, 09:43 AM
2004 Bills:
Oct 31 Arizona Won 38-14
Nov 7 N.Y. Jets Won 22-17
Nov 14 @New England Lost 6-29
Nov 21 St. Louis Won 37-17
Nov 28 @Seattle Won 38-9
Dec 5 @Miami Won 42-32
Dec 12 Cleveland Won 37-7
Dec 19 @Cincinnati Won 33-17
Dec 26 @San Francisco Won 41-7
Jan 2 Pittsburgh Lost 24-29
8-2 over a 10 game span with 7 games over 33 points? If that's not tearing it up, what is?
Granted, it wasn't all Bledsoe, but the point is that everyone was getting their stats (even the D) and Moulds wasn't a huge factor.
Face it- the guy's washed up and has no business counting $9 million against the cap.

Pull out the right nos. OP. How many of those points were scored by ST and D?

You forgot one stat, Bills ranked 26th in the league in the passing game under Drew. NUFF SAID.

justasportsfan
12-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Don't forget the Atlanta back-ups. When DeAngelo Hall was out of the game, early, what did we do?I forgot that. That was MOulds' fault too.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2005, 10:13 AM

Sorry Pat but he's right!!

Patrick76777
12-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Sorry Pat but he's right!!
Back to my original point, if we cut Moulds, our passing offense will once again be ranked 25th or worse and Eric will have a pro-bowl season. I don’t care if you guys think he’s good or not! If we cut him, Save this post. And one year from now bring it back out. I’m 100% sure my predictions will be dead on.

That’s my only point. The stuff on TD was just my response to EE. I didn’t not say that TD did a good or a bad job overall. I just think that he did an OK job of bringing in good on field talent but did a terrible job with the sideline talent. And that if I was sure he’d make a chance to more experienced sideline talent I’d be willing to give him one more year. Translation, I’m on the fence.

OpIv37
12-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Back to my original point, if we cut Moulds, our passing offense will once again be ranked 25th or worse and Eric will have a pro-bowl season. I don’t care if you guys think he’s good or not! If we cut him, Save this post. And one year from now bring it back out. I’m 100% sure my predictions will be dead on.
That’s my only point. The stuff on TD was just my response to EE. I didn’t not say that TD did a good or a bad job overall. I just think that he did an OK job of bringing in good on field talent but did a terrible job with the sideline talent. And that if I was sure he’d make a chance to more experienced sideline talent I’d be willing to give him one more year. Translation, I’m on the fence.

No one said we wouldn't replace him. There will be FA WR's available (not sure if any of them will be affordable or if the office will pursue them), but at this point in Moulds' career he's easily replacable.

Mahdi
12-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Do you even know what you watch or do you react based on emotion? Why do you think Evans got those passes? Just LIke Peerless , Evans gets open when teams double team Moulds. Helloooo!

Even if he was doubled....the best receivers in the game get doubled all the time...Owens, Moss, Smith, etc. but they still produce. Clearly, whether Moulds stays or not he doesnt deserve the contract he has, and since he most likely wont be taking a paycut...he has to go.

Patrick76777
12-07-2005, 10:53 AM
No one said we wouldn't replace him. There will be FA WR's available (not sure if any of them will be affordable or if the office will pursue them), but at this point in Moulds' career he's easily replacable.
I don’t care who you replace him with! My stats will ring true.

And if TD stays and holds true to form, he’ll replace him with Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish and then he’ll go get someone to be number 3. And that’s not good enough.

THATHURMANATOR
12-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Moulds is no longer a top receiver(he is still solid), but not even the best on our team. His cap # is large next year from what I can remember(eb, clump?) Unless he takes a pay cut I think we should think about releasing him no matter who the coach or GM are.

THATHURMANATOR
12-07-2005, 11:38 AM
I don’t care who you replace him with! My stats will ring true.
And if TD stays and holds true to form, he’ll replace him with Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish and then he’ll go get someone to be number 3. And that’s not good enough.

Agreed on that point. If Moulds is cut he needs to be replaced with another solid veteran.

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2005, 11:50 AM
It's real easy to find decent WR's. Just ask the Falcons and Eagles.

OpIv37
12-07-2005, 12:02 PM
It's real easy to find decent WR's. Just ask the Falcons and Eagles.

yeah, it would be a shame if we were coming off 4 straight conference championship games like the Eagles or headed for a 2nd straight playoff appearance like the Falcons. That would blow.

Not every team needs a Chad Johnson or T.O. to be successful.

dannyek71
12-07-2005, 12:07 PM
He is a good WR, but not worth 10 mill in cap room. Cant we get 2 top notch OL for that every year?

THATHURMANATOR
12-07-2005, 12:21 PM
What is Mould's cap hit next year? Anyone?

RedEyE
12-07-2005, 12:26 PM
What is Mould's cap hit next year? Anyone?

Unfortunately more than his current worth. And if things between him and Mularkey don't get better by the end of the season, he's not going to renegotiate either.

THATHURMANATOR
12-07-2005, 12:28 PM
How much would we eat if he were cut? These are things I want to be sure on before I make my final evaluation.

RedEyE
12-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Forgot the Moulds Cap Link:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=83911

THATHURMANATOR
12-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Oh dang 10 mil is crazy money for his current value.

Don't get me wrong I would love for them to keep him some how, but I just don't see it happening.

RedEyE
12-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Oh dang 10 mil is crazy money for his current value.

Don't get me wrong I would love for them to keep him some how, but I just don't see it happening.

Yeah. He has the Bills by the balls right now. I can almost guarantee that the Bills cut him before June 1st......

...UNLESS....the Bills cut ties with TD and Mularkey and are able to get a GM in here that can get Moulds to renegotiate.

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2005, 01:03 PM
We can use one of our first four rounds of draft picks every year to get one.

Oh wait... for the last 4 years we already have.

bledslow
12-07-2005, 04:13 PM
IMO, as recently as last year, he opened things up for Evans. Everyone knows that, and even Evans said it several times.

During the NE game, Moulds was not double-teamed on many of the plays. You saw what he did. Now, I will be the first to say that Moulds cannot beat the double team like he used to. But single-covering him all game is a mistake. If Moulds is gone next year, which is likely, look for Evans to struggle. I dont want to see that happen, but I'm afraid it will.

stop,stop,stop. everybody has good days vs the pats secondary. the big moulds play in that game was from BROKEN COVERAGE because the pats secondary is made up of 3rd string ******s off the street. in fact,moulds azz almost got tracked down on that play. moulds is a decent 2nd wr.evans is clearly now the man. moulds has not been great for quite some time. maybe he can get there again on a better team with a capable qb.

TacklingDummy
12-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Eric Moulds has been and always will be a Buffalo Bill. Mike Mularkey is just a has been coach hired by a has been GM.

If anyone should go it should be the 2 people who have ruined the Buffalo Bills.

billsaretrash
12-07-2005, 08:47 PM
moulds sucks

hes not even top 20 wr

if hes so good where was he on sunday he got shutdown by sam madison

hes overrated he wants the ball and hes not open

and that td 3 years ago passed thru madison hand

he needs to spit cb in the face cause he gets owned

moulds <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD>54</TD><TD>511</TD><TD>9.5</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

booker
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD>24</TD><TD>407</TD><TD>17.0</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Wes Welker (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493735)</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>395</TD><TD>15.2</TD><TD>47</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

our #2 n 3 wr are better than moulds ur #1 wr

Ickybaluky
12-08-2005, 05:14 AM

I don't know if Moulds is as good as he was a few years ago, but I'd love to see him running around with a Flying Elvis on his helmet and Tom Brady throwing him the ball next year. I think he would be a great complement to Deion Branch, as the Pats do not have an experienced WR with his size. He'd be a big-time security blanket for Brady.

If Buffalo cuts him, there will be a lot of teams looking to sign the guy. He may not command top money anymore, but there will be a ton of interest.

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 07:37 AM
I don't know if Moulds is as good as he was a few years ago, but I'd love to see him running around with a Flying Elvis on his helmet and Tom Brady throwing him the ball next year. I think he would be a great complement to Deion Branch, as the Pats do not have an experienced WR with his size. He'd be a big-time security blanket for Brady.
If Buffalo cuts him, there will be a lot of teams looking to sign the guy. He may not command top money anymore, but there will be a ton of interest.

Exactly!!!!!!

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Patrick, you call other people tards, then you post this junk? By what standard is Moulds a top receiver?

Homerism :homer:

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 08:18 AM
Is Moulds worth two good players? That's what we could get with the 11 million cap figure he consumes.

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Is Moulds worth two good players? That's what we could get with the 11 million cap figure he consumes.

We only save something like 5 mil but cutting him

THATHURMANATOR
12-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Only???

Its 5.7 from what I read here:

http://www.wgr550.com/column.php?id=0256

Again I would them to work something out that is more affordable but I just don't see it happening.

THATHURMANATOR
12-08-2005, 08:55 AM
moulds sucks

hes not even top 20 wr

if hes so good where was he on sunday he got shutdown by sam madison

hes overrated he wants the ball and hes not open

and that td 3 years ago passed thru madison hand

he needs to spit cb in the face cause he gets owned

moulds <TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD>54</TD><TD>511</TD><TD>9.5</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

booker
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD>24</TD><TD>407</TD><TD>17.0</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Wes Welker (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493735)</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>395</TD><TD>15.2</TD><TD>47</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

our #2 n 3 wr are better than moulds ur #1 wr

Listen Guy

First off Moulds is now our # 2.

Secondly the stats from your # 2 and 3 are worse than Moulds so how are they better?

Agreed that moulds is no longer a top 20 but your argument is weak!

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 09:42 AM
We only save something like 5 mil but cutting him

Oh is that all? That's a nice figure for somebody who isn't producing anymore. Plus you gotta bite the bullett sometime. If we didn't cut him for next season then 2007 would come and he would still be taking up 10+ million in cap space.

So by cutting him for next year we would save a little over 5 million in 2006 and 10+ million in 2007.

Ickybaluky
12-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Why do you have to cut him.

Contracts are re-done on an annual basis for veterans. The Patriots do it with Willie McGinest every year. I'm sure something can be done to amend Moulds contract and keep him a Bill, but paying him more along the lines of his value at this point in his career.

Mould agent isn't a fool. He probably has a pretty good idea of what Moulds value would be on the open market, and would be willing to work on a new contract with Buffalo if they wanted to keep him.

That is, if they want to keep him. If not, there are a number of teams that would love to have the guy on their team. He would be a great fit for a lot of teams that need WR (Phi, KC, NE come to mind). If he came to NE, he could have another veteran in search of a ring to come in and have a big impact, like Corey Dillon.

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 03:13 PM

Contracts are re-done on an annual basis for veterans. The Patriots do it with Willie McGinest every year. I'm sure something can be done to amend Moulds contract and keep him a Bill, but paying him more along the lines of his value at this point in his career.

Mould agent isn't a fool. He probably has a pretty good idea of what Moulds value would be on the open market, and would be willing to work on a new contract with Buffalo if they wanted to keep him.

That is, if they want to keep him. If not, there are a number of teams that would love to have the guy on their team. He would be a great fit for a lot of teams that need WR (Phi, KC, NE come to mind). If he came to NE, he could have another veteran in search of a ring to come in and have a big impact, like Corey Dillon.
Hey Billsbeaver

Notice how one of the brightest posters on the board just agreed with me???????

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey Billsbeaver

Notice how one of the brightest posters on the board just agreed with me???????

Yay, you found somebody to agree with you. :clap:

Sorry Patty the numbers are still against you.

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 03:21 PM

NE39, It’s the mindset of the new Buffalo Bills Football fan. We want to cut everybody who didn’t have a pro bowl season and who makes what we perceive as too much money.

If the game was about having the thriftiest organization with regards to the Salary cap, we’d be the 5 time defending Superbowl Champions. And have the smartest fans in the league.

See the old guy, John Butler, signed everybody to big contracts. Now Bills fans want to sign nobody to big contracts. Every off-season, it’s about freeing up as much cap space as possible. It’s like we’re storing up for winter or something. It’s like this year when we went into the season with cap space and the possibility to trade for Corey Simon or sign Ross Verba. But the new age fan didn’t want to sign these guys because it was too much money. So instead, just let that cap space just sat there. Afterall, we didn’t need a DT or a LT this year. 2 of our strongest positions.

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Yay, you found somebody to agree with you. :clap:

Sorry Patty the numbers are still against you.
What numbers, your stats!!!!!!! Who are you Wys??????

I’m sure it didn’t hurt that he’s suffered thru some of the worst QB’s in franchise history. I’m sure his numbers weren’t affected by those 75 yard passing days by Losman!

BTW, NE39 is one of the brightest football guys that posts on here. He puts you to shame. You’re like an amateur next to this guy. Next to this guy, you should be running a yahoo Jills site.

LtBillsFan66
12-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Yeah we've become too anal about the cap.

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Another thing, Patricia. Nowhere did you ever bring up another contract you just wanna pay him 11 million.

It's fine and dandy if he wanted to rework his contract to pay him what his value is worth but at this point it hasn't happened. He's not worth 11 million dollars though.

And nowhere did anybody say he wasn't a good player. He's a good player but he's getting paid to be an elite player which he isn't.

Alot of teams would like to have him for half that price. There wouldn't be anybody standing in line to pay him 11 million a year like you are content to do.

The only thing that NE39 agreed with is that he's a good player and other teams would want. Nobody ever said that wasn't the case. Would he pay him 11 million dollars? Not a chance in hell.

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 03:25 PM
NE39, It’s the mindset of the new Buffalo Bills Football fan. We want to cut everybody who didn’t have a pro bowl season and who makes what we perceive as too much money.

If the game was about having the thriftiest organization with regards to the Salary cap, we’d be the 5 time defending Superbowl Champions. And have the smartest fans in the league.

See the old guy, John Butler, signed everybody to big contracts. Now Bills fans want to sign nobody to big contracts. Every off-season, it’s about freeing up as much cap space as possible. It’s like we’re storing up for winter or something. It’s like this year when we went into the season with cap space and the possibility to trade for Corey Simon or sign Ross Verba. But the new age fan didn’t want to sign these guys because it was too much money. So instead, just let that cap space just sat there. Afterall, we didn’t need a DT or a LT this year. 2 of our strongest positions.

Go find a team who would pay him 11 million a season then get back to the rest of us who wouldn't.

Only a moron would wanna pay him 11 million dollars. I wonder what that makes you...

LtBillsFan66
12-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Go find a team who would pay him 11 million a season then get back to the rest of us who wouldn't.

Only a moron would wanna pay him 11 million dollars. I wonder what that makes you...
That's the difference between renegging and cutting.

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 03:31 PM

Nobody has a problem shelling out money to players who are worth the big bucks but they better be worth it. Shelling it out to old players who no longer can produce to that value of a contract is stupid though.

I wanted Corey Simon because he was worth the money he would've been paid.

If you bring me Chad Johnson or Torry Holt I'll gladly give them the contract Moulds has. Moulds isn't worth that money anymore though. I guess you can't get it through your fat head though.

You spin things around that some of us wouldn't pay for any player. You bring me an elite player and we'll pay them the money they deserve. You bring us somebody who used to be good but wants that money then you can walk your fat ass back out the door.

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 03:33 PM
That's the difference between renegging and cutting.

If they renegotiated at contract to pay him 5 million a year I'd keep him and so would the others. Nobody is willing to pay him 11 million a year though.

For the few who are content with it they are willing to pay him 11 million a year.

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Another thing, Patricia. Nowhere did you ever bring up another contract you just wanna pay him 11 million.

It's fine and dandy if he wanted to rework his contract to pay him what his value is worth but at this point it hasn't happened. He's not worth 11 million dollars though.

And nowhere did anybody say he wasn't a good player. He's a good player but he's getting paid to be an elite player which he isn't.

Alot of teams would like to have him for half that price. There wouldn't be anybody standing in line to pay him 11 million a year like you are content to do.

The only thing that NE39 agreed with is that he's a good player and other teams would want. Nobody ever said that wasn't the case. Would he pay him 11 million dollars? Not a chance in hell.

Check this out from 11/25. The only thing I would change since then would be firing Mularkey. By the way, check out all the posts saying great Job.

Cut Eric Moulds? Because he’s making too much money! I’ve got more news for you guys, 75% of the teams in this league would kill for an Eric Moulds on their team. Philly would crap if we cut this guy!!!!!!!!!! They’d pick him up in 4 seconds! Lee Evans is good, but Josh Reed and Parrish are not ready for that role. JP will have just about no targets this year.
You’ve got to re-do this guy’s deal. Give him a ton up front and back load the crap out of a nice 6 year extension.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=86469

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Nobody has a problem shelling out money to players who are worth the big bucks but they better be worth it. Shelling it out to old players who no longer can produce to that value of a contract is stupid though.

I wanted Corey Simon because he was worth the money he would've been paid.

If you bring me Chad Johnson or Torry Holt I'll gladly give them the contract Moulds has. Moulds isn't worth that money anymore though. I guess you can't get it through your fat head though.

You spin things around that some of us wouldn't pay for any player. You bring me an elite player and we'll pay them the money they deserve. You bring us somebody who used to be good but wants that money then you can walk your fat ass back out the door.
I must have really made you angry. Now you’re making personal attacks.

Now there’s 2 reasons you’d be a bad GM. Not only is your football knowledge severely limited and close minded, but you’re also thin skinned.

justasportsfan
12-08-2005, 03:38 PM
If TD does not even bother to offer Moulds to restructure and just falt out cut him, all hell is gonna break loose. TD has had a history of being an ass about cutting players. Moulds should NEVER be one of them.

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 03:40 PM
Check this out from 11/25. The only thing I would change since then would be firing Mularkey. By the way, check out all the posts saying great Job.

Cut Eric Moulds? Because he’s making too much money! I’ve got more news for you guys, 75% of the teams in this league would kill for an Eric Moulds on their team. Philly would crap if we cut this guy!!!!!!!!!! They’d pick him up in 4 seconds! Lee Evans is good, but Josh Reed and Parrish are not ready for that role. JP will have just about no targets this year.
You’ve got to re-do this guy’s deal. Give him a ton up front and back load the crap out of a nice 6 year extension.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=86469

If he had a new deal making half that then who wouldn't keep him? The only reason why people say he's making too much money because 11 million is too much money for him. You don't think that's too much money for him?

If his cap figure was 5 million then none of this would be an issue. It isn't though.

And what makes you think he would re-do his deal? If he wasn't getting his 11 million he could go to a contender and get paid less money.

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 03:41 PM
I must have really made you angry. Now you’re making personal attacks.

Now there’s 2 reasons you’d be a bad GM. Not only is your football knowledge severely limited and close minded, but you’re also thin skinned.

I just don't have patience for dumb people who think they are smart.

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 03:44 PM
I just don't have patience for dumb people who think they are smart.

You must have long days then!

billsaretrash
12-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Listen Guy

First off Moulds is now our # 2.

Secondly the stats from your # 2 and 3 are worse than Moulds so how are they better?

Agreed that moulds is no longer a top 20 but your argument is weak!

now ? after moulds got shutdown by madison

worse how ?

look at ypc 17 and 15 compared to 9.5

argument is weak in wat way
?

hes not better than our #3 receiver

justasportsfan
12-08-2005, 04:30 PM
now ? after moulds got shutdown by madison

worse how ?

look at ypc 17 and 15 compared to 9.5

argument is weak in wat way
?

hes not better than our #3 receivershut down by MAdisson? Yeah right. More like he wasn't thrown to thanks to MM. Madisson got burned by Evans didn't he. Madisson got burned by Moulds in the first game when there was no rift. Duh!

I hope you don't think you represent finfans here.

billsaretrash
12-08-2005, 05:03 PM
shut down by MAdisson? Yeah right. More like he wasn't thrown to thanks to MM. Madisson got burned by Evans didn't he. Madisson got burned by Moulds in the first game when there was no rift. Duh!

I hope you don't think you represent finfans here.

lets see here

madison lost a step and he got shut my madison all day long
evans only burned one cb only one play and that was travis daniels on the 1st td
2nd it was zone and no1 was coering him and that 3rd td short pass

bills wr burned our cb only once and how obut that play by daniels deflecting the ball vs evans

now lets talk bout chambers
burned clements 18 times

and mcgreer 2-2 times

moulds burned madison yea 7 catches for 59 yards talk bout burnin or running short routes cause u get locked down the field ?

8 ypc thats alot of burning

Ickybaluky
12-09-2005, 04:27 PM
I think it is an injustice if the Bills don't try to keep Moulds at a reduced rate. The guy may no longer be an elite WR, but he is still a good player who can help them win.

More than that, Buffalo should have the inside track to signing him, if they want him. Moulds has spent his entire career in Buffalo, and he can make more money marketing himself outside the game there than he can with a new team. I imagine his retiring a Bill would improve his opportunities at finding some sort of job affiliated with the team after he is done playing as well (either some marketing position or in TV/Radio). He probably knows he isn't going going to command the same money if cut, so he would be amenable to a restructured deal that cut his cap figure drastically in return for incentives allowing him to earn some of the money back should he play well. He could even pass it off as helping the team by taking a paycut, making himself even more marketable.

Moulds knows this, IMO, which is why his comments on the suspension are so low-key and respectful to Ralph Wilson. He isn't going to challenge it, and he isn't going to burn his bridges. His marketing guy is the one speaking for him, because he doesn't want to ruin the goodwill Moulds has built up in his Buffalo career.

If Moulds isn't back, it is because the Bills don't want him. His contract won't be the reason, IMO.

Ickybaluky
12-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Next to this guy, you should be running a yahoo Jills site.

That one made me laugh.

Thanks for the kind words, Patrick.

Devin
12-09-2005, 04:41 PM
I think it is an injustice if the Moulds don't try to keep Moulds at a reduced rate. The guy may no longer be an elite WR, but he is still a good player who can help them win.

More than that, Buffalo should have the inside track to signing him, if they want him. Moulds has spent his entire career in Buffalo, and he can make more money marketing himself outside the game there than he can with a new team. I imagine his retiring a Bill would improve his opportunities at finding some sort of job affiliated with the team after he is done playing as well (either some marketing position or in TV/Radio). He probably knows he isn't going going to command the same money if cut, so he would be amenable to a restructured deal that cut his cap figure drastically in return for incentives allowing him to earn some of the money back should he play well. He could even pass it off as helping the team by taking a paycut, making himself even more marketable.

Moulds knows this, IMO, which is why his comments on the suspension are so low-key and respectful to Ralph Wilson. He isn't going to challenge it, and he isn't going to burn his bridges. His marketing guy is the one speaking for him, because he doesn't want to ruin the goodwill Moulds has built up in his Buffalo career.

If Moulds isn't back, it is because the Bills don't want him. His contract won't be the reason, IMO.

:bf1:

Great post as usual NE39. I certainly hope your right. Id love to see him sign a 5-6 year deal and end his career here.

I think that would also go a long way to help balancing this team out. With a fresh start and his future secured.

SeatownBillsFan21
12-10-2005, 12:01 AM
i love EM

frank74
12-10-2005, 12:12 AM
moulds will be back, but his contract will definitely be restructured. the only thing that worries me is his frustration and unhappiness which could cause him to bolt. it's pretty evident that if moulds leaves, he will take a pay cut and i think he and his agent realize that, so the best move for him is to take the pay cut here in buffalo and remain a bill. also, if wilson grows a pair and brings in a gm who will address our lines and a head coach who doesn't pretend to be a magician, moulds will be much happier. you got to believe in your organization first.

The_Philster
12-10-2005, 06:59 AM
What numbers, your stats!!!!!!! Who are you Wys??????

I’m sure it didn’t hurt that he’s suffered thru some of the worst QB’s in franchise history. I’m sure his numbers weren’t affected by those 75 yard passing days by Losman!

BTW, NE39 is one of the brightest football guys that posts on here. He puts you to shame. You’re like an amateur next to this guy. Next to this guy, you should be running a yahoo Jills site.Excuse me? I'm in agreement with you on the Moulds thing. :down: Just because I ain't posting that much of late is no call to launch attacks at me