X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Question

If a coach or GM gets fired and then hired on another team, does the firing team still owe them money if there is still time on their contract?
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Qustion

I'm not sure. I would think that it works like a CFO or a CEO of a company. They probably get a decent parachute when released. I do know that it does not count against the cap, but you probably already knew that as well.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

Yeah I know that. Just wondering if Ralph would be stuck paying the clowns we all hope he's going to fire.

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

Yeah, Ralph would have to eat their contracts if he wanted to can them. MM signed a five year contract he gets fired this year then he, and the new coach would be on the pay roll for the next 3 years.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

How about if they get hired by another team? Doesn't that void the contract?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by billsfanone
            How about if they get hired by another team? Doesn't that void the contract?
            No. Only if MM wanted buy himself out of the contract to go to another team. Unless the Williamsville East flames are hiring him as a football coach don't worry about MM getting another job.

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Re: Question

If TD is hired by another team, the Bills are off the hook with regards to his contract subsequent to the time of the hiring.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• EricStratton
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                If TD is hired by another team, the Bills are off the hook with regards to his contract subsequent to the time of the hiring.

You're right LOG, if a coach or GM get's either a lateral job or a promotion (coach moves up to GM) the old team is off the hook. If he takes a lesser job (head coach to assistant) the old team pays the contract minus what the coach makes at his new job)

Comment

• Pride
                  • Jul 2002

I am sure that MM has a clause that says he must have a certain winning percentage.. TD wouldnt sign anyone to a 5 year contract. What if MM went 0-16 2 years in a row... I am sure there is a performance clause.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

Yeah guys im sure Mularkey wouldn't be hired for anything more then a QB coach for the next couple years after this job. Hell he's the head coach, and calling the offensive plays, he sucks at both.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                      • Jul 2002

Ah ha.

Comment

Working...
                      X