PDA

View Full Version : Let's get realistic for a moment

Bill Brasky
12-07-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm very pumped about the Sabres at this point, and the way they're playing I can see them easily getting a 3, 4 or 5 seed in the playoffs (barring a major meltdown).

But in all honesty, how far do you guys think this team can go in the playoffs? Right now the Senators and Rangers (who are very beatable) are in our way, IMO.

I think they could make a run to the conference title game, but right now, the way the Senators are playing, nobody can touch them.

Do you think when all the guys come back from injuries and this team is fully healthy that they could pull off an upset and beat them in the playoffs?

Myers57
12-07-2005, 03:04 PM
I see us being knocked out in the divisional round of the playoffs but thats just me...

SkateZilla
12-07-2005, 03:28 PM
the senators will cool off late...

JD
12-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Yea, I see the senators getting screwed with injuries in the second half of the season. Let's hope the Sabres continue this awesome success they've been having.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Crisis
12-07-2005, 05:20 PM
I think we can take anyone in the East who doesn't play in Ottawa.

Bufftp
12-07-2005, 05:23 PM
I think we can take anyone in the East who doesn't play in Ottawa.
well said :up:

SkateZilla
12-07-2005, 08:00 PM
if were lucky, ottawa will face carolina :)

Uncle Jesse
12-07-2005, 08:51 PM
I think they could make a run to the conference title game, but right now, the way the Senators are playing, nobody can touch them.

Well then how the hell could the Sabres get a 3 seed?? They'd have to win the divison to be in the top 3, and if they win our divison, they'd have to beat out Ottawa which would mean we'd have to somehow come closer than losing to 5 goals to them. Plus if we won our divison, we'd be like the 1st seed because of how good Ottawa is.

JD
12-08-2005, 02:22 AM
Yea, I see the senators getting screwed with injuries in the second half of the season. Let's hope the Sabres continue this awesome success they've been having.
LET'S GO BUFFALO!
YES, I jynx'd them! :jig:

HAVLAT OUT FOR SEASON
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=146060&hubname=nhl

Bill Brasky
12-08-2005, 02:06 PM
YES, I jynx'd them! :jig:

HAVLAT OUT FOR SEASON
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=146060&hubname=nhl

Nice! :up:

Don't be afraid to jinx some more!