PDA

View Full Version : 2005 the Worst season in Buffalo history?

camelcowboy
12-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Thinking back to the summer and the excitement of the oncomming Bills season. Numerous articles on JP, how he was going to be the Next "Big Ben" taking a team from a QB who ruined our chances for the playoffs the year before and he was going to lead us to the playoffs. Unreasonable? yeah in hindsight, but we had a special teams that was the league best. A defense that was ranked 2nd, was going to be the heart and sole of this team. We had a talented running back, and a coach who preached about ball control. JP just had to be a caretaker. Well, it looked great Week 1, Smoking the texans. Then again, im never going to take game 1 of a bills season seriously. Then starts my own personal hell, the 2005 bills are the biggest disapointments in franchise history. The heart and Sole of our team Takeo Spikes lost for the year, he may never be the same. Our coaching staff was exposed, a head coach who is nothing but a puppet of arrogant general manager. A head coach who has taken over play calling, who is in love with trickery, and lacks football knowledge and toughtness to win games in the NFL. A team of scrubs who have no heart. Who can't win on the road, they can't stop the run, or run the ball. A organization is absolute chaios, Gm calling the football fans who support this organization a "Jerk". Same Gm who limits the media who print about the team, the signs allowed at the stadium. Not allowing a fan to wear Mexico on a T-shirt. A coach who now stands on a potem, yelling at reporters and unwilling to respond to pressing issues. A WR who is a buffalo icon, who has been a star in buffalo half my life. Quits on the field, and challenges the same crappy coaching staff. Only ray of light, is a Young QB who has improved every game he's played, but in this chaios how can we expect him to florish.

This is a season i so hope to forget. Its one thing to be a bad team, its one thing to underachieve, and project false hope and lies. When the bills were 3-13, we knew they were bad, when the were 2-14 we knew they were bad, but this is different. This just hurts

Bill Brasky
12-07-2005, 03:19 PM
It ranks up there.

You can make a case for any of the pitiful <5 win seasons... but those were expected.

This team was "suppossed to make strides", "make the playoffs"....

Now all they're doing is making us fans feel like **** and turning this franchise into a running joke with all this off-field bs. It's one thing to suck, but they can't even handle justified critisism from the media and the fans.

What do they expect? When/if we perform poorly at work we are going to hear it from 10 different bosses... they make more money, they're in the spotlight, they reap greater benefits for being in the profession they are in, and they act like this when they cause embarassment to their employer (the fans) and receive justified critisism? That, to me, solidifies this as one of the worst seasons in this teams' history.

Even when Cincy sucked FOR 15 YEARS they never stooped as low as the Bills have in the past 5 weeks.

pintonick96
12-07-2005, 03:44 PM
We went 1-15 in 1985.

Meathead
12-07-2005, 03:46 PM
certainly a very disappointing season

i said 9-7 so my expectations werent huge but little did i realize it would get this bad

fugly

BillsOwnAll
12-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Thinking back to the summer and the excitement of the oncomming Bills season. Numerous articles on JP, how he was going to be the Next "Big Ben" taking a team from a QB who ruined our chances for the playoffs the year before and he was going to lead us to the playoffs. Unreasonable? yeah in hindsight, but we had a special teams that was the league best. A defense that was ranked 2nd, was going to be the heart and sole of this team. We had a talented running back, and a coach who preached about ball control. JP just had to be a caretaker. Well, it looked great Week 1, Smoking the texans. Then again, im never going to take game 1 of a bills season seriously. Then starts my own personal hell, the 2005 bills are the biggest disapointments in franchise history. The heart and Sole of our team Takeo Spikes lost for the year, he may never be the same. Our coaching staff was exposed, a head coach who is nothing but a puppet of arrogant general manager. A head coach who has taken over play calling, who is in love with trickery, and lacks football knowledge and toughtness to win games in the NFL. A team of scrubs who have no heart. Who can't win on the road, they can't stop the run, or run the ball. A organization is absolute chaios, Gm calling the football fans who support this organization a "Jerk". Same Gm who limits the media who print about the team, the signs allowed at the stadium. Not allowing a fan to wear Mexico on a T-shirt. A coach who now stands on a potem, yelling at reporters and unwilling to respond to pressing issues. A WR who is a buffalo icon, who has been a star in buffalo half my life. Quits on the field, and challenges the same crappy coaching staff. Only ray of light, is a Young QB who has improved every game he's played, but in this chaios how can we expect him to florish.

This is a season i so hope to forget. Its one thing to be a bad team, its one thing to underachieve, and project false hope and lies. When the bills were 3-13, we knew they were bad, when the were 2-14 we knew they were bad, but this is different. This just hurts

That sent a tear to my eye......and im only 17 i only expiernce a real 6-7 years(of actully careing) and each year is getting worse.....i feel for you adults out there who witnessesed the SB era. im glad i was 4 years old during all that.

Dr. Lecter
12-07-2005, 07:32 PM
I only expected 6-8 wins this year, so I guess I am not as dissappointed. The years the Bills won 1, 2, or 3 games were worse.

I still can't figure out why people thought this was a playoff team. It clearly was not. The O-line had issues and the Bills were starting a rookie QB. Struggles should have been expected.

Devin
12-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Easily.

Forget the record, in my estimation this team is lucky to have won what it did this year. No heart, this team top to bottom was lead by failures and is no longer built around good carachter and strong heart type players.

Its a bunch of egotistical prima donnas.

Whats scary is if great strides arent made this year to fix this team this downward spiral has just begun.

MarvLevy
12-07-2005, 08:43 PM
It might be safe to say that this team fell apart when TKO went down.

camelcowboy
12-07-2005, 08:51 PM
The moment they lost to New Olreans