PDA

View Full Version : DePaul and Moulds (from Pro Football Talk)

DynaPaul
12-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Here's another take on the situation from www.profootballtalk.com:

DePAUL DeGUY IN BUFFALO?

As the rumor mill continues to churn regarding the fate of Bills G.M. Tom Donahoe, we're now hearing that assistant G.M. Tom Modrak might be bypassed completely, and that owner Ralph Wilson might go straight for Bears director of pro personnel Bobby DePaul.

Initially, the thinking was that...

MOULDS TO BE SUSPENDED?

WGR 550 in Buffalo reports that the Bills could be suspending receiver Eric Moulds.

The Buffalo News is expected to report that coach Mike Mularkey wants to suspend Moulds, but that the final decision is in the hands of owner Ralph Wilson.

Per WGR, Moulds was benched during Sunday's loss to the Dolphins...

Pride
12-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Interesting!

Thanks for posting this!

Bill Brasky
12-07-2005, 03:53 PM
anybody able to tell me more on DePaul? I don't know much about him.

RedEyE
12-07-2005, 03:56 PM
PFT sucks, usuaully, but I wouldn't mind that happening at all.

Here's DePaul's background:

Bobby DePaul
http://chicagobears.com/images/common/spacer.gif
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#cccccc border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://chicagobears.com/images/common/spacer.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://chicagobears.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/JEEAMBFPHMFO/depaul.jpg</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px; LINE-HEIGHT: 18px" noWrap>Position: Director of Pro Personnel

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#cccccc border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://chicagobears.com/images/common/spacer.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- get Paragraphs string -->Bobby DePaul is in his fifth season as the Bears director of pro personnel, joining the organization prior to its 2001 NFC Central Division championship. Hired on June 19, 2001, the 16-year NFL veteran came to Chicago after serving as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles player personnel department for four years following an eight-year career as an NFL assistant coach. DePaul evaluates players in the professional ranks, prepares the club for its acquisitions through free agency or the waiver wire and manages the advance scouting for Bears opponents. In addition to supervising the pro personnel department, DePaul has a hand in day-to-day football operations, assisting with salary cap maintenance, contract negotiations and overseeing the development of scouting football systems technology. DePaul entered the NFL in 1989, hired by former Bears defensive back Richie Petitbon as a member of Joe Gibbs' coaching staff at Washington where he stayed until 1993 after winning an NFL championship with the Redskins' Super Bowl XXVI victory over Buffalo. The Bowie, Md., native then served on the Bengals coaching staff for three seasons before joining the Eagles as a scout.
Born on January 24, 1963, DePaul attended Archbishop John Carroll High School in Washington, D.C., where he played fullback and linebacker on a team that lost only once during his three-year varsity career. DePaul attended the University of Maryland and played linebacker on three Atlantic Coast Conference champion Terrapin squads and made four bowl appearances under former Detroit Lions head coach and current Army head coach Bobby Ross. Bobby and his wife, Lisa, have two daughters, Ariel (12) and Ashley (1

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-07-2005, 04:04 PM
well the bears are pretty good this year... but they have pretty much stunk up the joint for most the the last few years... how much input did he have in bringing in lovie smith? if he wanted smith, then he seems to be able to pick coaching talent I guess, but who know?

I just dont want modrak or anyone else associated with TD!

Jeff1220
12-07-2005, 04:06 PM
PFT is sometimes comically ridiculous, and sometimes (seemingly at an increasing rate the last year ot two) they are on the mark. I'd take the guy. The Eagles have had some great personel from his years there, and the current Bears team seems for real (with another coach the Bills passed on). At this point, anything (except Millen) would be an upgrade.

Gunzlingr
12-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Ask Earthquake what he thinks of him.

Bill Brasky
12-07-2005, 04:34 PM
i'm just skeptical I guess cuz the Bears have sucked for a while now... and they're lucky to be where they are this season. they will get destroyed in the playoffs.

i want somebody here with experience, a proven track record of no-nonsense winning.

Kerr
12-08-2005, 01:03 AM
I guess anyone now is better than TD. It helps that he was responsible for selecting the right head coach and built a good defense.

ryjam282
12-08-2005, 07:50 AM
i'm just skeptical I guess cuz the Bears have sucked for a while now... and they're lucky to be where they are this season. they will get destroyed in the playoffs.

i want somebody here with experience, a proven track record of no-nonsense winning.

I really thing the Bears have as much chance as anyone in the NFC simply cause of there D. Have you seen them this season? They are unreal. The O usually does just enough to get the job done or the D gets a TD. They will be a force in the playoffs, especially since they will be at home till the championship game, as of now, and the D plays twice as well in front of the home crowd.

Earthquake Enyart
12-08-2005, 08:01 AM

With a defense like theirs, they may lose 10-3 but they will never be "destroyed".

The Bears have made good "pro" moves.... Signing Tait and Miller for big bucks for the OL and the Ogunleye for Booker trade was a steal. They have not drafted particularly well, but this guy doesn't seem to be in charge of that.

The only DePaul I know is where Ray Meyer is. And he's not dead yet. :ill:

Demon
12-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Rumor mill

Bobby DePaul, the Bears' director of pro personnel, is being mentioned as a possible candidate for the general manager's job if Buffalo fires Tom Donahoe.

DePaul has been one of the chief architects on general manager Jerry Angelo's staff. No team has asked permission to talk to DePaul.

"When you get good people, you don't want them to leave," Angelo said. "But there's the other side of things and he is certainly deserving of a shot."

DePaul has coached with Richie Petitbon on Joe Gibbs' staff in Washington and worked in Philadelphia when the Eagles went to four straight NFC championship games.

"There have been some things that have come up [in the past]," Angelo said. "He has done such a tremendous job for us. It's not surprising."

Link: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-051207bearsbits,1,4119828.story?coll=cs-bears-headlines&ctrack=1&cset=true

More about this rumour, but this from a legit source. lol