PDA

View Full Version : How will this season effect JP?

Bill Brasky
12-07-2005, 03:58 PM
This season will tell us a lot about JP in the years to come.

Going through a mess like this he has handled it pretty well for a young guy. Such a disaster can only make you stronger... or it can turn you into Ryan Leaf...

I think after going through a season like this one, it could turn him into a pretty good QB. Handling adversity at this point in your career while still trying to learn the ropes of the NFL should only make him a million times better! :pray:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-07-2005, 04:05 PM
I have liked JP's attitude so far... hes pissed at loosing and that is good

BAM
12-07-2005, 04:11 PM
This has been a hell of a season for sure.

BillsOwnAll
12-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Everytime he gets sacked cuase of NO protection you can tell he doesnt take that to well....He will be a Playoff Qb in years to come.

X-Era
12-07-2005, 04:23 PM
This season will tell us a lot about JP in the years to come.

Going through a mess like this he has handled it pretty well for a young guy. Such a disaster can only make you stronger... or it can turn you into Ryan Leaf...

I think after going through a season like this one, it could turn him into a pretty good QB. Handling adversity at this point in your career while still trying to learn the ropes of the NFL should only make him a million times better! :pray:

ya know what i like is JP saying he backs whatever decision the HC makes and that the team should get behind it too. He went on to say hes sure Mularkey had a good reason and that Mularkey has never lied to them since he has been there. Now, id be pissed if JP was just a puppet. I dont get that from him, I see him having the right attitude and just looking at it like Mularkey is the head coach and is doing his job and that JP should simply pay attention to himself and doing his.

Remember, JP was benched by Mularkey and rather than say he was wrong and whine and cry, JP blamed himself and got better.

Ive said it before and will say it again, JP has the right attitude for this team and should be the leader going forward, if the other players with bad attitudes dont like it they can take a hike.

kevinj22
12-07-2005, 05:52 PM
I've said it from day 1 that this kid is going to be a stud. He has all the tools and man can he throw. I like the fact that he is also putting a touch on some of his passes and not throwing rocket balls every time. He has a great attitude and I can't wait to see what additions and subtractions we make to help him and our defense

Phincinatti Phinz
12-07-2005, 08:41 PM
JP is not in the same situation as Leaf was, but definately has a better head.

I hope he implodes, but hey, I'm a Phin fan.

Looked sharp in the opening of the game. But then, last year, so did AJ Feeley. :cry:

MarvLevy
12-07-2005, 08:48 PM
who was the last QB jp's size that was successful????????????????????????????????????????????
We need a qb at lease 6-3. every team does. thats my philosophy.

Phincinatti Phinz
12-07-2005, 09:28 PM
who was the last QB jp's size that was successful????????????????????????????????????????????

Drew Brees is pretty short. Hardly six feet tall.

doomsdayvirus
12-08-2005, 08:34 AM
who was the last QB jp's size that was successful?

Brett Farve 6'2" 222lbs

JP Losman 6'2" 217lbs

Enough said.

justasportsfan
12-08-2005, 08:36 AM
if the other players with bad attitudes dont like it they can take a hike. Haven't seen any.

ryjam282
12-08-2005, 08:36 AM

Yeah, cause Flutie was so terrible right? When's the last time we made the playoffs? Oh yeah, 99, Flutie was the QB.....Being a winner is all I want, I don't care if he is 3 ft tall.

finsrclowns
12-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Being a winner is all I want, I don't care if he is 3 ft tall.

The center might.:funny:

justasportsfan
12-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Yeah, cause Flutie was so terrible right? When's the last time we made the playoffs? Oh yeah, 99, Flutie was the QB.....Being a winner is all I want, I don't care if he is 3 ft tall.Great. Here comes Phil ::tap:

Tinboy
12-08-2005, 08:56 AM

Drew Brees 6-0
Marc Bulger 6-3
Jake Delhomme 6-2
Brett Favre 6-2
Jeff Garcia 6-1
Steve McNair 6-2
Jake Plummer 6-2

justasportsfan
12-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Drew Brees 6-0
Marc Bulger 6-3
Jake Delhomme 6-2
Brett Favre 6-2
Jeff Garcia 6-1
Steve McNair 6-2
Jake Plummer 6-2

Roscoe Parrish 5' 9

Well he really isn't a qb but our genius of a HC seems to think so.

Bill Brasky
12-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Roscoe Parrish 5' 9

Well he really isn't a qb but our genius of a HC seems to think so.

:rofl:

FlyingDutchman
12-08-2005, 06:26 PM
yeah what was the point of that play? Put our fast guy in at QB just to throw a 2 yard out route. Dump the cute plays, dump MM.

Mudflap1
12-08-2005, 06:34 PM
JP is a grown man who is being paid millions of dollars a year to be a pro football quarterback. He doesn't need or deserve any special coddling because of what's happened this year. He has talent and has shown improvement, that is a good sign. He just needs to keep plugging away along with the other "professionals" on this team and hope that Ralph wakes up from his nap and fires Tom Donahoe, Mike Mularkey, etc. and brings in some real help. Then it will all fall into place. Until then, he's not gonna light it up with the shoddy offensive line and play calling, but he's a professional, and should continue to handle it as such. No special treatment.

Jon

Meathead
12-08-2005, 06:39 PM
jp has handled himself exceedingly well for a sophomore and first time starter

i can hear sam whispering in his ear sometimes but jp is smart enough to listen and act on it

that plus his very obvious improvement last game and im pretty optimistic he'll be carson jr soon

kinigirly
12-08-2005, 06:44 PM
perhaps he'll realize that if he shaves that afro off he'll be lighter and the ball will fly 10 yards farther. i enjoy his girly hair though cause its the only thing the patriots fans make fun of out here now. can't critique his playing anymore. HAH.

Spiderweb
12-08-2005, 11:40 PM
The center might.:funny:

Van Miller: "Ok, the QB has his nose under center......."

LifetimeBillsFan
12-09-2005, 03:20 AM
Like a lot of others here, I really like JP's attitude as well. But, what I really like is that he is making progress.

Compare his numbers in recent games to those of Kyle Orton or to those of E.Manning last year. JP still has a way to go (Manning has a full season on JP and he has had some games this season that have been real stinkers and would have been a whole lot worse if he didn't have P.Burress going up and making circus catches most of the times when Manning overthrows him), but he looks like he's going to be a pretty good player. I really think that coaching and the offensive system that he's put into will have a lot to do with how successful he is going to ultimately be. JP is an excitable, gun-slinger type who can be successful if he is allowed to throw the ball around the lot, like B.Favre; I don't think that he is ever going to be a super accurate passer who will be able to consistently complete a high percentage of his passes and dink-and-doink teams to death. If a coach tries to make him do that, I don't think he will be that great, but, if a coach designs his offense to let JP play his game and is able to teach JP to control his emotions and use the system to help him do that, JP could develop into a superb leader for this team. Only time will tell, but I like what I see thus far. It's just too bad that some of his teammates this season tried to undermine him, but hopefully having to deal with that will make him stronger and better in the future--the fact that he didn't let it get him down is a very good sign.

Das_Bills
12-09-2005, 07:25 AM
I agree with most of these posts. JP is coming along just fine and he will be a great QB in time. I know about the underminding and it really pisses me off. I have follow JP through college because Tulane is one of my college teams. From what I have seen in his college years, is that if he get the protection he needs from the Oline standby to standby. Jp is a great QB and doesn't really complain about anything he just takes it in stride and moves on and is always trying to better himself. I have a really good feeling he will turn some heads next year.

Now with the TD and MM issue. I want TD fired so badly just like everyone else, but we have to look at it this way. Last year we almost made the playoffs with MM. I feel that we need to keep MM atleast 1 more year and that is without TD and see what happens. I know that by me saying that is going to piss alot of people off, but this is what I feel. The only way that I will change my mind on this is if Marv decides to come back and he would make a great GM and will definatly make the changes for the better, but as far as I know its just a dream.

In closing, Guys we need to support the player that have the heart that they want to win. By us constantly bashing the the team and not supporting the ones that want to play is not making things better. I love this team and will never turn my back on them no matter how bad things get.

Lets show them against NE even though this season is over because I really hate NE!!!!

Steve