PDA

View Full Version : Good draft news!

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 09:36 AM
I hate seeing us lose. And I’ll never root for us to lose, but it looks like we will lose the next 3 games and I don’t have a problem with that.

Check out these numbers. If we finish 4-12, which is terrible and as a fan of the history of the team will always haunt me, we’ll probably get a top 6 pick. Tennessee is 3-9 and most likely in line for a top 6 pick.

Since we have Tennessee’s 3rd rounder, we’d have 4 picks in about the first 70 picks of the draft! Not too Shabby!

You can get starters in the first 3 rounds!

camelcowboy
12-08-2005, 09:39 AM
it doesn't matter, if the same person is here doing the drafting then it will be screwed up.

dannyek71
12-08-2005, 09:42 AM
it doesn't matter, if the same person is here doing the drafting then it will be screwed up.

Agreed

Drafting so high isnt that great. You put all your eggs in one basket and spend lots of $$$. Id rather have 2 mid round picks than 1 really high one.

The King
12-08-2005, 09:42 AM

You beat me to it.

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Agreed

Drafting so high isnt that great. You put all your eggs in one basket and spend lots of $$$. Id rather have 2 mid round picks than 1 really high one.
You guys all fell into the TD, “Don’t spend Money” mind set. You may hate him but You’ve bought into his mindset.

Give me a break. 3rd rounders are not that expensive anyway.

justasportsfan
12-08-2005, 09:45 AM
TD does a better job drafting undrafted free agents. He'll probably blow the top picks on players like MW.

Earthquake Enyart
12-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I think right now we're tied for spots 7-12 (pending tie breakers)

We need to throw the Jet game to make sure they don't get Reggie Bush or Leinart.

justasportsfan
12-08-2005, 09:48 AM
We need to throw the Jet game to make sure they don't get Reggie Bush or Leinart.
I don't see the jets doing that. There's probably a long snapper that they would like to draft in either the 1st or 2nd rd.

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 10:11 AM
I don't have a problem with TD's draft. It's his coaching moves and FA moves the past couple years with picking up and paying top dollar for guys like Vincent and neglecting the OL in the process.

His big bust of course is Mike Williams. That stuff happens. Josh Reed also didn't pan out. Not all 2nd round picks do though.

In 2001 he traded down and drafted Nate Clements and with the extra pick drafted Travis Henry. Some fans cried for 2 months about not getting Kenyetta Walker. Look how that one turned out.

He also drafted Aaron Schobel in the 2nd round of that draft. He has been a steady DE and has the most sacks out of any DE taken in the draft that year.

3rd round- Edwards and Jennings- Jennings was our starter the entire time and played pretty good. He just wasn't worth the money he received in FA this season. Edwards was a good backup for us.

1st Round- Williams. Terrible pick here but we needed an OL and not all Top 10 picks turn in to superstars. We needed an OL and everyone was happy at the time and would've *****ed if we didn't draft an OL in the 1st round.

2nd Round- Josh Reed. Didn't work out. Looked good his rookie year but didn't improve any and even got worse. We could've done better with somebody like Toniu Fonoti instead. Besides him there wasn't a lot of stars out of that selection area. Most of them 2nd rounders have been crap outside of a few.

Ryan Denney- A good backup to have on the team. Will never be a starter. There's no other great players from that selection area except for Deion Branch and we needed a DE.

3rd Round- Coy Wire. Sucks. This was a terrible draft altogether. There are no other big names either.

All the other guys are dime and dozen players at their position. This was one worst talented drafts in a decade though. Not many teams got star production out of this.

McGahee, Kelsay, McGee and Crowell. One is a good back that hasn't proven to be a great RB yet. Kelsay isn't a great DE but there are worse. Although some don't wanna believe it around here not every team has 2 great DE's. Kelsay is as good as other starters. Crowell proved to be a decent LB this year after Spikes went out. McGee was a great 4th round selection

Evans and Losman. Evans is already proven to be good and Losman is on his way. They should make a good combo for years to come if we can keep them.

Euhus and Anderson are junk. We could've had Nathan Vasher instead of Euhus.

It's too early to judge these guys so far. Parrish and Everett were injured too much. Preston is still raw. King isn't any more then a Nickel or Dime back. There isn't any other great names around Preston and King either.

Donahoe's drafts have netted us guys like Schobel, Henry, Clements, McGahee, Losman, Evans and McGee. That's not too shabby of draft picks.

If he can't or is unwilling to get a strong coach in here he must go though. All the talent is nothing without a good coach.

To say his drafts have been terrible is mindless. Give credit where credit is due. We've gotten some good players. Except for 2002 his drafts haven't been bad and 2005 is TBD.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Agreed

Dallas upgraded their whole D with their first two picks!! Uhhh if you haven't noticed we don't have any talent. If we don't get it in the draft where are we getting it?!

HHURRICANE
12-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Donahoe's drafts have netted us guys like Schobel, Henry, Clements, McGahee, Losman, Evans and McGee. That's not too shabby of draft picks.

If he can't or is unwilling to get a strong coach in here he must go though. All the talent is nothing without a good coach.

To say his drafts have been terrible is mindless. Give credit where credit is due. We've gotten some good players. Except for 2002 his drafts haven't been bad and 2005 is TBD.

Good factual analysis. However, your net is not correct. By drafting Willis he negated Henry as a pick. He got a RB for a RB. That leaves McGahee, Losman, Evans, Clements, McGee and Schobel. Considering we have been losers for 5 years and should have low picks with lots of talent it's mediocre at best. Denney and Kelsay are below average and I would say are busts at this point.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Agreed

One other thought. Dallas in the 90's built their whole team through the darft.

capitolneal
12-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Vasher is a STUD we could of had like alot of other teams the last year here (in Austin he played hurt and the scouts said his hips were not fluid) I was hoping buffalo got him

Mahdi
12-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Good factual analysis. However, your net is not correct. By drafting Willis he negated Henry as a pick. He got a RB for a RB. That leaves McGahee, Losman, Evans, Clements, McGee and Schobel. Considering we have been losers for 5 years and should have low picks with lots of talent it's mediocre at best. Denney and Kelsay are below average and I would say are busts at this point.
IMO opinion drafting McGahee doesnt negate drafting Henry because Henry was a 1300 yard back for us for a couple years before getting Willis. And having players here like Bledsoe, Henry, Moulds etc. is what allowed us to pick up other free agents. Not to mention Henry got us a 3rd rounder from Tenn.

camelcowboy
12-08-2005, 01:50 PM
To say his drafts have been terrible is mindless. Give credit where credit is due. We've gotten some good players.

Now he's brought in some talent but the players he's drafted are heartless, along with most of his free agents. He has drafted a bunch of overated chokers, and he's signed some more. You may say its the coaching staffs fault this team, can't play on the road, blows leads in the final play in the fourth quarter. Will allow other teams to pick up fourth downs, but guess what? TD hired both the coaches, he drafted and signed the players on this team except moulds. Its his team, and they suck.

FlyingDutchman
12-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Has anyone been keepin tabs on college O-lineman? Just curious as to who might be the top tackles on the board. Anyone dominant at the position? Someone with college knowledge please fill me in. Thanks.

Tatonka
12-08-2005, 05:59 PM
"the Brick".

Cartman64
12-08-2005, 06:00 PM
BILLS SUCK!!!!!!!

Devin
12-08-2005, 06:03 PM
wrong forum genius.

Could a mod delete this and warn this kid.

Tatonka
12-08-2005, 06:08 PM
BILLS SUCK!!!!!!!

yeah.. and the pats are great.. they look like dog **** this year too, but will win the division only because everyone else sucks too.. they will have an early and ugly exit from the playoffs regardless.. no matter what team they play.

tampabay25690
12-09-2005, 07:57 AM
TD does a better job drafting undrafted free agents. He'll probably blow the top picks on players like MW.

Yea but all of us probably thought MW would be much better then what he has played up to, so yea TD made the right drfat pick....

TigerJ
12-09-2005, 11:49 AM

We need to throw the Jet game to make sure they don't get Reggie Bush or Leinart.There are two tie breakers in the draft. The first is strength of schedule. Among the teams tied with a 4-8 record, Buffalo has the weakest schedule, and thus sits in the seventh slot at the moment. That can change of course. The second tiebreaker is a coin flip.