PDA

View Full Version : The new age football fan!

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 10:29 AM
1. After a bad season, you must want to cut and fire every high priced player who doesn’t have a pro bowl year. Bad years are unacceptable.
2. You must want to fire the coach and GM after every sub par year
3. You must be fiscally responsible when it comes to spending money. Every time someone brings up a free agent, you must utter the words “If we can get him for a good price”.
4. You can never want to overspend on ANYONE!
5. You must hate all players who are cocky
6. Any Free agents who may command a salary above the average for his position must be let go.
7. (New rule I just found out today) High draft picks cost too much and run the risk of being busts. Apparently you’re better off trading the high picks and loading up on cheap 4th and 5th rounders.

So, from now on, never re-sign your best players for anything but average contracts, if they won’t agree, let them go. If your current high priced players have a down year, cut them immediately. Trade away all high draft picks so that you don’t have to spend money. Sign only free Agents that you can get for “a good price”. Cut any players who have an attitude. Fire the coach after every bad year.

Now just sit back with your 37 Million dollar cap number and wait for all of those 4th and 5th rounders to blossom into all-stars. Only, if they do turn out to be good, you’ll have to cut them after their rookie contract is up. They’ll want way too much money.

The King
12-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Pat you're turning into Op

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 10:33 AM
I forgot the most important thing!

***** endlessly about everything!

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 10:45 AM
It's alright to pay for a player but they damn well better be producing for their 11 million dollars.

Mularkey has proven he can't coach. His incompetence has resulted in many 2nd half destructions this season. Not to mention he couldn't coach a bunch of starters to victory against 3rd stringers against Pittsburgh last season.

I'm glad Patrick isn't our GM. He would keep giving proven crappy coaches another chance no matter how many times they screw up and prove themselves to be crappy.

He would continue to pay old players who aren't producing anymore top dollar at their position even if they are lucky to be Top 20 anymore just because they used to be worth the money.

He would overpay for junk just because his heart tells him that he likes them and wants to keep them.

We would have a losing record every year but would eventually be 30 million over the salary cap.

carybillsfan
12-08-2005, 10:49 AM
I forgot the most important thing!
***** endlessly about everything!

We've heard plenty of that around here these days!!!

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 10:53 AM
It's alright to pay for a player but they damn well better be producing for their 11 million dollars.

Mularkey has proven he can't coach. His incompetence has resulted in many 2nd half destructions this season. Not to mention he couldn't coach a bunch of starters to victory against 3rd stringers against Pittsburgh last season.

I'm glad Patrick isn't our GM. He would keep giving proven crappy coaches another chance no matter how many times they screw up and prove themselves to be crappy.

He would continue to pay old players who aren't producing anymore top dollar at their position even if they are lucky to be Top 20 anymore just because they used to be worth the money.

He would overpay for junk just because his heart tells him that he likes them and wants to keep them.

We would have a losing record every year but would eventually be 30 million over the salary cap.

So you’re one of the new age fans!

I laid out my plan in a thread a week ago. I got a ton of positive response from it. And the fact that you wouldn’t want me to be the GM for the team is a HUGE compliment. Thank you! It shows I’m doing the right thing.

BAM
12-08-2005, 10:55 AM
1. After a bad season, you must want to cut and fire every high priced player who doesn’t have a pro bowl year. Bad years are unacceptable.
3. You must be fiscally responsible when it comes to spending money. Every time someone brings up a free agent, you must utter the words “If we can get him for a good price”.
6. Any Free agents who may command a salary above the average for his position must be let go.
7. (New rule I just found out today) High draft picks cost too much and run the risk of being busts. Apparently you’re better off trading the high picks and loading up on cheap 4th and 5th rounders.

Good list, Pat. And let's not forget this one:

8. If all else fails and your team does not make the playoffs in a considerable amount of time, say 6 or 7 years, give up on them entirely. Jump ship and hop on the Colts bandwagon.

THATHURMANATOR
12-08-2005, 11:13 AM
I don't think we should cut everyone and never overspend but I do think almost 11 million bucks is a little much to pay for a receiver who will be 32 years old and is ranked 21st in receptions, 40th in yards, and 38th in tds so far this season.

Buckets
12-08-2005, 11:32 AM
So, from now on, never re-sign your best players for anything but average contracts, if they won’t agree, let them go. If your current high priced players have a down year, cut them immediately. Trade away all high draft picks so that you don’t have to spend money. Sign only free Agents that you can get for “a good price”. Cut any players who have an attitude. Fire the coach after every bad year.
Now just sit back with your 37 Million dollar cap number and wait for all of those 4th and 5th rounders to blossom into all-stars. Only, if they do turn out to be good, you’ll have to cut them after their rookie contract is up. They’ll want way too much money.

Too long of a post to respond to everything.

Your highest paid players are supposed to be your best players. I don't think this is the case in most areas.

You fire your head coach after 3 years of failure and who appears not to have a clue.

You don't have to put up with cocky players who run their mouth and can't back it up.

You do have a 37 million dollar cap that requires fiscal responsibility and that means not paying players for their past performances but for their present and future contributions.

dannyek71
12-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Good list, Pat. And let's not forget this one:

8. If all else fails and your team does not make the playoffs in a considerable amount of time, say 6 or 7 years, give up on them entirely. Jump ship and hop on the Colts bandwagon.

In regards to #8, that makes me want to give up on TD, not the Bills. Ill never give up on the Buffalo Bills ever.

HAMMER
12-08-2005, 01:45 PM
New Age? Is that the same thing as Metrosexual? WTF?

BAM
12-08-2005, 01:55 PM
In regards to #8, that makes me want to give up on TD, not the Bills. Ill never give up on the Buffalo Bills ever.

Good man. I've seen several posts in the last couple weeks of people about to jump off the wagon.

LtBillsFan66
12-08-2005, 02:16 PM
New age fans make me sick. :down:

BAM
12-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Same here, BF1. :bf1:

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 02:57 PM
So you’re one of the new age fans!

I laid out my plan in a thread a week ago. I got a ton of positive response from it. And the fact that you wouldn’t want me to be the GM for the team is a HUGE compliment. Thank you! It shows I’m doing the right thing.

Yeah, that's what we need.

We'd keep crappy coaches around, pay 11 million a year for an old receiver who's not even Top 20 in his position anymore just because he used to be good and give other Top 20 players at their position Top 5 money.

Yeah, this franchise would be in great shape. I guess homers like you don't care if 3 of our highest paid players on the team are Moulds, Vincent and Milloy. All old players getting paid for what they used to do and making Top 5 money at their position even if they don't play up to that level anymore.

With Patrick's plan for the future all of our money would be devoted to old players who used to be good or paying average Top 20 players Top 5 money at their position.

There's no such thing as an old age or new age fan. There are realistic fans and homeristic fans. Myself, OP, Fairway and others are the realistic fans. You fall into the other category. Somebody who overvalues the players on the team while everyone else around the league with an outside view doesn't think the same. Can have the same value of a player on another team and say they suck but think ours is great. Has an emotional attachment towards a player and has it shoved so far up his ass they can't see the light of day.

The only thing it shows that we don't agree with you is that you are stupid. If you consider that a compliment then more power to you.

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 03:08 PM
If you consider that a compliment then more power to you.

More then you can even imagine!

If I had your football mindset, I’d switch to bowling!

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 03:17 PM
More then you can even imagine!

If I had your football mindset, I’d switch to bowling!

Oooh, aren't you tough.

You're nothing but a homer who thinks they know it all but doesn't have a clue. Somebody who gets laughed at in the real world so they need to try and feed their ego on a message board to think they are right.

Somebody with nothing but a bunch of off the wall stories putting all over a message board that isn't true so some internet people will they they're cool because everyone that knows them in the real world doesn't.

Funny the people who agree with you are slim to none while everyone else doesn't. Hell you're even smarter then almost every media outlet too. They don't agree with you.

Your vision is similar to the Raiders and Redskins vision for most of the past decade. Overpay for players on their past production along with average talent just to outbid them from some other team.

This isn't the special olympics where everyone gets a trophy. Is your trophy nice and shiny that's hanging on your mantle for your 20th place finish?

LtBillsFan66
12-08-2005, 03:19 PM
I laugh at Pat on occasion.

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Oooh, aren't you tough.

You're nothing but a homer who thinks they know it all but doesn't have a clue. Somebody who gets laughed at in the real world so they need to try and feed their ego on a message board to think they are right.

Somebody with nothing but a bunch of off the wall stories putting all over a message board that isn't true so some internet people will they they're cool because everyone that knows them in the real world doesn't.

Funny the people who agree with you are slim to none while everyone else doesn't. Hell you're even smarter then almost every media outlet too. They don't agree with you.

Your vision is similar to the Raiders and Redskins vision for most of the past decade. Overpay for players on their past production along with average talent just to outbid them from some other team.

This isn't the special olympics where everyone gets a trophy. Is your trophy nice and shiny that's hanging on your mantle for your 20th place finish?

Looks like I got under someone’s skin!

You know an awful lot about this no nothing football fan you speak of. Are you sure you’re not reflecting your own personal experiences????????

BillsFever21
12-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Looks like I got under someone’s skin!

You know an awful lot about this no nothing football fan you speak of. Are you sure you’re not reflecting your own personal experiences????????

I call it like I see it.

Patrick76777
12-08-2005, 03:41 PM
I call it like I see it.
Actually, to defend myself, I’ve never lied about a story on this place. And I’ve met some of the coolest dudes on this board, BF1, Thurm, Pride and Phil. They all know that I’m a cool cat. I don’t need to make anything up.

justasportsfan
12-08-2005, 03:46 PM
I don't think we should cut everyone and never overspend but I do think almost 11 million bucks is a little much to pay for a receiver who will be 32 years old and is ranked 21st in receptions, 40th in yards, and 38th in tds so far this season.I'm pretty sure Moulds realizes this. There's no way he won't understand that if he doesn't restructure when asked, we'll need to let him go.

His nos. are not entriely his fault either. 54 catches with a qb learning the game is gonna affect that. A coach who runs stupid trick plays is gonna affect that. An OL with injured rejects is gonna affect that. Not even Harrison would have probowl nos. under the circumstances.