PDA

View Full Version : B. Johnson on R. Johnson...

Valerie
01-19-2003, 02:14 PM
I watched bits and pieces of Terry Bradshaw's pre-game interviews. I thought it was funny when Brad Johnson said he stayed on the field on one knee, after he was injured last week, to give Rob a few minutes to warm up.:chuckle: He shouldn't have left the field to begin with, injured or not. Rob can't warm up in a few years let alone a few minutes. lol:cold:

Typ0
01-19-2003, 02:15 PM
Rob Johnson likes it when he can keep a guy on his knees.

Valerie
01-19-2003, 02:21 PM
Brad was probably praying that he'd stop bleeding so he could continue playing. I don't think anyone has any faith in Rob.

Typ0, are you implying that Rob is gay?!?:eek:

Typ0
01-19-2003, 02:25 PM
I'm implying with Rob Johnson you will never know what you are getting.

PA Season Ticket Holder
Gruden most have some faith in him. He's ahead of Shaun King on the depth chart.

He's not the best but he did win 2 big games for them down the stretch when Brad Johnson was injured. If he would've lost them games they would've been playing in the WC.

don137
When Brad Johnson was on his knees it probably reminded him of Flutie standing up since it was about the same height.

Typ0
01-19-2003, 02:45 PM
When Brad Johnson went down Chuckie spent a lot of time standing on the sidelines shaking his head.

Doc
01-19-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by don137
When Brad Johnson was on his knees it probably reminded him of Flutie standing up since it was about the same height.

LMMFAO!:lolcry: :lolcry:

Cntrygal
01-19-2003, 10:50 PM
Rob and King changed spots on the roster thruout the season. And if I remember correctly.... Rob was so "successful" because he handed off more than threw the ball.

Typ0
01-20-2003, 12:52 AM
The TB offense was pathetic with both RJ and King in there. They might have gotten a win with Rob but it wasn't because of him I think they only moved the ball on one drive in the game.

ublinkwescore
01-20-2003, 01:04 AM
Didn't he throw a pic on that drive once they got inside the 10?

Halbert
01-20-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by PA Season Ticket Holder
If he would've lost them games they would've been playing in the WC.
The Water Closet?

Scott
01-20-2003, 06:19 AM
Rob Johnson = Super Bowl.
It must be killing you people.

Judge
01-20-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Scott
Rob Johnson = Super Bowl.

Why would it? He had no part in Tampa's success this season. He was a mediocre at best backup. Like Todd Collins turned out to be.

pmoon6
01-20-2003, 08:03 AM
Rob Johnson didn't lead the Bucs to the Super Bowl, the defense did. The way Sapp & Co. played on the road reminds me of the '85 Bears.Depending on how they handle the Raiders offense, the sports pundits will put them with the greatest defenses of all time. I hope Johnson gets a ring, in the role best suited for him........backup QB.

Valerie
01-20-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Scott Rob Johnson = Super Bowl.
It's killing me, Scott. I don't care that he didn't do anything to get the Bucs there, I just hate the fact he could possibly end up with a Super Bowl ring. That is so unfair! :wail:

Scott
01-20-2003, 09:08 AM
Bucs were 2-0 in the games RJ started, granted there were no TD's scored but a win is a win. He did not play great but also did nothing to lose the game.
I have to disagree that the Bucs D carried the team, granted they are the best in the league but the offense has been efficient and productive the second half of the season.
They stand a good shot at winning the SB in my opinion. It should be a fun week in Tampa.

Halbert
01-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Brad Johnson is the reason they've made it. RJ or King might yet blossom (and money might grow out of my armpits) but both looked pretty lame compared to what Brad was able to do with the same exact offense.

Voltron
01-20-2003, 11:32 AM
Knowing how kooth RJ is I am sure he will slip in something about Buffalo if the bucs win.

Judge
01-20-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
Knowing how kooth RJ is I am sure he will slip in something about Buffalo if the bucs win.

I'm sure you're right- he's a real class act, as shown by how "complimentary" Pat Williams and Ruben Brown have been of him this season.

Good riddance Rob!

Valerie
01-20-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Halbert Brad Johnson is the reason they've made it. RJ or King might yet blossom (and money might grow out of my armpits) but both looked pretty lame compared to what Brad was able to do with the same exact offense.
What's amazing is Brad used to be on the Redskins and he was released. They weren't happy with his performance.:rolleyes: If it wasn't for Rob, I'd root for the Bucs. I'd like to see Brad rub his ring in the Danny's face. :D I believe there were a few other players on the remaining four teams who were released by the Skins who had big games. I can't remember his name, but someone yesterday had a a big day and I believe he was a former Skin and not Brad Johnson.

Did you guys realize it's an all pirate Super Bowl this year? lol:cas:

BillsMan80
01-20-2003, 11:51 AM
I can't root for a team with Rob Johnson and Warren Sapp on the same team. Ughh.

don137
01-20-2003, 12:54 PM
Gruden is a genious of a coach. He knows Brad Johnson's strengths and weaknesses and makes sure the Bucs game plan exploits his srengths. Brad Johnson is no gem of a QB but he is smart enough to listen and learn from Gruden.
RJ is too dumb to comprehend what Gruden is telling him. I can't belive this guy has a college education because he seems as dumb as Fin fans.
I am pulling for the Bucs for one reason, I am a fan of Gruden. I think he is a great coach plus he is a University of Dayton alumnus. He was the QB there my freshman year.

Scott
01-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Rob=Super Bowl
RJ Hater Bills Fans = Sore Losers

Need to learn to forgive and forget people!