PDA

View Full Version : Moulds complained about pain in his pain in his Achilles tendon?

Michael82
12-08-2005, 03:20 PM
While Mularkey wouldn't provide the reason for punishing Moulds, it's believed to be the result of a dispute the 10-year receiver had with Bills receivers coach Tyke Tolbert on the sideline during Buffalo's 24-23 loss at Miami last weekend.

The player's personal adviser Greg Johnson said it occurred when Moulds left the field after experiencing pain in his Achilles tendon. Moulds, Johnson said, wanted to have the tendon examined by a trainer when Bills receivers coach Tyke Tolbert asked Moulds to get back out on the field.

Moulds declined and was benched for most of the final three quarters.

Mularkey also did not make himself available following Wilson's announcement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2252702

And no one did anything about it? That sounds like what happened with Takeo Spikes earlier in the year. Wasn't he complaining about his achilles? :sigh:

Michael82
12-08-2005, 03:55 PM
This bothers me. Especially since Mularkey isn't telling us what really happened. I hope it's not true. Why would you try to risk tearing an ACL? :shakeno:

Mudflap1
12-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Yeah, the whole story is still leaking out. If Eric really felt that his Achilles was bothering him and not using it as a lame excuse, it's something you have to definitely take seriously. I didn't realize that Mike Mularkey also has a medical degree...

Jon

madness
12-08-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm sorry but Moulds has turned into a huge cry baby lately and everyone can't blame it on MM this time. Now he's had it out with Tyke Tolbert. If his safety was even questioned for a second I'm sure the coaches would have taken the necessary precautions.

Obviously the spineless MM :rolleyes: stood by his coach AND on top of that Wilson agreed with them.

Michael82
12-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Here's some more info from that article....

Sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the Bills' trainer reported that at no time did Moulds ever mention he was hurt or had a tendon problem.

Sources told Mortensen that receivers coach Tyke Tolbert -- who went to Moulds on the sideline and told him Mularkey wanted him back in the game -- said that Moulds responded by saying he didn't have to listen to what the head coach said.

In addition, Moulds had been instructed to meet with Mularkey on Monday after the Dolphins game. Moulds did not meet with Mularkey and the coach ended up going into the locker room to get him.

kinigirly
12-08-2005, 06:33 PM
i think that pretty much speaks for itself
the season has not gone how moulds has wanted it in any way shape or form. we're not going to the playoffs, the season is over in his mind, and he is obviously over this team

Meathead
12-08-2005, 06:35 PM
sounds right on to me k

Michael82
12-08-2005, 06:39 PM
i think that pretty much speaks for itself
the season has not gone how moulds has wanted it in any way shape or form. we're not going to the playoffs, the season is over in his mind, and he is obviously over this team
yup, you are so right. :(

Mudflap1
12-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Well if that's what happened Mularkey is caught in a Catch 22 -- he either disciplines a malcontent veteran who is fairly popular around here, or he doesn't and nobody on the team listens to him. Either way, he's probably going to lose the veterans -- no win situation for Mularkey. That's what he and Donahoe get for putting this team in this situation.

1. Cutting Bledsoe and giving Losman the QB job unconditionally (not a terrible thing to do on paper, but probably should've brought in a veteran more capable than Holcomb to compete. At the very least, should have been honest and said we might have some setbacks, but we want to go with Losman now. Problem is, they insinuated the team not only would not miss a beat this season, but get everybody's expectations way up by suggesting this team was ready for the playoffs. This move sealed both of their jobs as far as I'm concerned.)

2. Neglecting the offensive line. If you are going to give the job to the unseasoned Losman, at least bring in some guys that can protect him! It's not like there weren't any veterans or good draft picks out there...

3. Neglecting the defensive line. Leaving Pat Williams go is okay, but not replacing him with anybody and saying that Ron Edwards is the answer was a major miscalculation. The result? The defense can't get off the field because the run defense is 31st in the league.

Nice job guys. New England is 7-5 and nobody else is anywhere in sight. This was the year we could've stolen the division. Incompetence...

Jon

pintonick96
12-08-2005, 07:38 PM
This bothers me. Especially since Mularkey isn't telling us what really happened. I hope it's not true. Why would you try to risk tearing an ACL? :shakeno:

An ACL and Achilles are two different things.

ACL = Anterior Crucial Ligiment.

When you played football as long as I did, you know all that ****.

jpdex12
12-08-2005, 07:51 PM

ACL= Anterior Cruciate Ligament

kinigirly
12-08-2005, 07:54 PM
:funny:

Michael82
12-08-2005, 08:01 PM

Thanks for the info. :up:

justasportsfan
12-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Here's what Moulds was complaining about Mikey

X-Era
12-09-2005, 02:28 PM

And no one did anything about it? That sounds like what happened with Takeo Spikes earlier in the year. Wasn't he complaining about his achilles? :sigh:

Again, heres the link where Mortensens sources say he NEVER claimed to have any sort of injury to the trainers

Its old hat, he is suspended one game and probably wont be back as a Bill. Hopefully MM and TD wont be either