X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arod3619
    • Oct 2004

Espn article

just saw this on espn, dont know if it was posted but it gives me a little hope that mularkey could be gone.

Bills' coach, GM should worry
    posted: Thursday, December 8, 2005
    filed under: Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots, Carolina Panthers, Indianapolis Colts, Cincinnati Bengals, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Atlanta Falcons

The sight of Bills owner Ralph Wilson announcing Eric Moulds' one-game suspension is not a good one for the Bills' front office and coach Mike Mularkey. It's not a good sign when the coach or the general manager doesn't announce the suspension. It shouldn't be the owner. It gives the perception the owner is making the final decisions, and these are football decisions. Moulds is a very popular player in Buffalo, both to the fans and to his teammates. He's out for one game, losing $93,000, and Wilson said Moulds will play the final three games. What could hurt is what Moulds told Wilson over the 30-minute meeting. If he said bad things about Mularkey, that might not help front-office stability. Wilson likes Moulds. "He's a friend and he's played for the Bills for 10 years.'' Moulds has a high cap number next year, so it's doubtful he will be back if Mularkey is back. This wasn't a fun decision for the 89-year-old owner. "I said, 'Eric, I'm like Solomon. I'm trying to cut the baby in half.' '' The feeling is Moulds played the good soldier and didn't use the forum to blast the coaches or the organization. He's been a 10-year veteran with the team but may not be back next year.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Espn article

Ralphs 87, but whatever.

Either way, E-MO is just a fall guy.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

The author does nothing but speculate, but he makes an interesting point about Wilson announcing it. Where were TD and MM at the time? It could be that he was protecting his GM, coach, and player by taking care of the announcement himself and telling the media "no questions." Guess what they all said. "Thank you, Mr. Wilson."

You're damn right!

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

The big deal is with Wilsons Soloman comment. Cut the baby in half. If the compromise is the 1 game suspension then Mularkey wanted more then a game. So Wilson just basically undermined Mularkey's wishes, this is a good sign guys. The days are number, when the owner is on the players side.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

I hope they are both fired.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
            The big deal is with Wilsons Soloman comment. Cut the baby in half. If the compromise is the 1 game suspension then Mularkey wanted more then a game. So Wilson just basically undermined Mularkey's wishes, this is a good sign guys. The days are number, when the owner is on the players side.
            That's exactly what I was thinking. When Ralph said that he is suspended for only 1 game and will play the final 3 games, i knew it was his overruling of Mularkey's original decision to suspend Moulds for the rest of the year. I'm glad. Maybe Mularkey and Donahoe will be gone afterall.

Comment

• BSXIII
              Never trust a man wearing a sombrero
              • Apr 2004

Read between the lines. Wilson is stepping on thier toes as much as possible without breaching the owner/FO etiquette, that could hurt the team in their pursuit of the next GM and HC.
              I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• AndreReed83
                Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                • Mar 2004

If headcoaches and GM's run from the Bills jobs due to an owner who will take action and make the tough choices and actually cares about his team, then tough, their lose.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BSXIII
                  Read between the lines. Wilson is stepping on thier toes as much as possible without breaching the owner/FO etiquette, that could hurt the team in their pursuit of the next GM and HC.
                  It took five years of mediocrity and bs, before he started stepping on toes. Anyone could see he isn't dan snyder.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Aug 2004

As I see it, given the way Wilson handled it and what he said, Moulds, Mularkey and TD are all gone at the end of this season.

With the Bills back on a relatively sound financial basis if the owners come to some sort of compromise on revenue sharing, I would not be surprised to see RW bring in a strong, well-respected GM who will promise to hire either a strong, young coach with a proven track record or an experienced coach who has had some success to lead the Bills next season. With the young talent that the Bills have at the skill positions on the offensive side of the ball, I don't think it would be hard to find candidates for both jobs who would see the Bills as a team that could be turned around relatively quickly--ie within 2 years (1-2 years to a playoff berth, 2-3 to being solid contenders). The Bills will have a lot of dead weight and older players going out the door at the end of this season, which will make the job of any new GM or coach easier.
                    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                    X