PDA

View Full Version : Audio: Moulds on WGR this morning..

JJamezz
12-09-2005, 10:07 AM
While I don't know that it gives us much insight into the future, he definitely clears a few things up...

And once again this coaching staff proves its utter stupidity.. I almost couldn't believe I heard this. Moulds said, because he's had so many big games against Miami, that the plan all along was for Aiken to get more playing time - so... let me get this straight, Miami is game planning for Moulds based on what he's done against them in the past, and Mularkey's thinks 'Ok, we'll confuse them by taking him off the field..' WTF is that???

And I thought the last staff would 'outthink' themselves at times, Mularkey brings it to a whole different level..

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=1267

Mr. Miyagi
12-09-2005, 10:10 AM
It's like playing rock paper scissors.

I bet they will gameplan for Moulds, so we'll confuse them with Aiken, who will then make them make adjustments, then we'll put Moulds back in to confuse them more, then they'll go back to their original gameplan, then.........

justasportsfan
12-09-2005, 10:29 AM
No audio here at work :mad:

djjimkelly
12-09-2005, 10:39 AM
full of mularky has sealed his fate IMO

Devin
an this whole situation just infuriates me.

I sure hope Moulds is here next season.

Devin
full of mularky has sealed his fate IMO

I hope so.

Lexwhat
12-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Damn, so many different stories. This story puts it all over the top. I cant believe this.

Lexwhat
12-09-2005, 10:58 AM
While I don't know that it gives us much insight into the future, he definitely clears a few things up...

And once again this coaching staff proves its utter stupidity.. I almost couldn't believe I heard this. Moulds said, because he's had so many big games against Miami, that the plan all along was for Aiken to get more playing time - so... let me get this straight, Miami is game planning for Moulds based on what he's done against them in the past, and Mularkey's thinks 'Ok, we'll confuse them by taking him off the field..' WTF is that???

And I thought the last staff would 'outthink' themselves at times, Mularkey brings it to a whole different level..

But according to JP-era, Moulds needs to take a hike. How dare he question Mularkey after this decision.

This obviously isnt what a team leader does. :crap:

Lexwhat
12-09-2005, 11:01 AM
As I said in another post, Mularkey is now in the same class as Bill Callahan and Butch Davis. He wont be here next year.

ParanoidAndroid
12-09-2005, 11:19 AM
The simple explanation is that Aiken has been playing his a** off on special teams and was earning some playing time. Would't it be smart to see if he can develop with more game experience at receiver? I seriously doubt it had anything to do with strategy.

LtBillsFan66
12-09-2005, 11:32 AM
He sounded reasonable to me.

madness
12-09-2005, 12:13 PM
In First and 10 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&page=/firstandten/week14) Clayton proved what I've been saying all along. The little baby was upset because he felt neglected by JP.

Now, the Eric Moulds (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3510) problem has emerged. Moulds grew frustrated because he felt he was being ignored by quarterback J.P. Losman (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6781). Moulds pulled himself out of Sunday's game against the Dolphins and faces either a suspension or a deactivation.

It was only a matter of time before we saw E-Mo's true colors. His off-field antics was bound to hit the field sooner or later. :shakeno:

Mitchy moo
12-09-2005, 12:20 PM
In First and 10 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&page=/firstandten/week14) Clayton proved what I've been saying all along. The little baby was upset because he felt neglected by JP.

It was only a matter of time before we saw E-Mo's true colors. His off-field antics was bound to hit the field sooner or later. :shakeno:

It hit during a game we were winning quite nicely, he shouldn't have made himself a distraction. He will not be one much longer.

JJamezz
12-09-2005, 12:20 PM
The simple explanation is that Aiken has been playing his a** off on special teams and was earning some playing time. Would't it be smart to see if he can develop with more game experience at receiver? I seriously doubt it had anything to do with strategy.

I understand that, given the score the way it was. What disturbs me is that this was part of the gameplan the week, as Moulds said, well before the game had even begun.

Pulling your #1 receiver, who Miami is very likely to double up on, given how he's burned them over the years, to get your, what, #5 receiver on the field, is just flat out stupid. If you want to give Aiken a look, sit Reed down for a series or two.

kevinj22
12-09-2005, 12:24 PM
I didn't get to hear the audio, but I will stand by Moulds before MM. I can't believe the reasoning. If what Eric says is true about the game plan, then that could be the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my 41 years on this planet. Maybe MM watched the movie "Little Giants" and figured he would steal a few ideas. What an absolute ASS. I supported this clown, wow what a joke he turned out to be. CLEAN HOUSE RALPH!!!!!!!!!

Lexwhat
12-09-2005, 12:35 PM

John Clayton is not very insightful in this article. Matter of fact, there have been absolutely no reports about that being the reason why Moulds left the game.

This is old news too, get a clue. It says he "faces either a suspension or deactivation." This issue was already resolved and there was never any indication of a possible deactivation.

"Moulds pulled himself out of Sunday's game against the Dolphins and faces either a suspension or a deactivation... Moulds is one of the team's most popular players in the locker room, but a lot of changes seem to be brewing on this team. Mularkey is losing some of his key veteran players, and that has to be disturbing to owner Ralph Wilson. What was supposed to be a playoff season has dropped into a 4-8 disaster and a three-game losing streak. Losman is struggling at quarterback."

If you ask me, Clayton is not watching the games.

"Coach Nick Saban has done a nice job. Despite inconsistent play at quarterback all season, the 5-7 season offers encouragement. If the Dolphins can secure a quarterback this offseason, they suddenly have a chance to challenge the Patriots for the division. Last week's 21-point comeback to beat the Bills was huge. It put the Dolphins in second place in the AFC East and ripped the hearts out of the Bills. Still, Saban is a realist. He knows this will be a tough game."

Yea, real insightful. This is a load of garbage. You need to get a real source instead of quoting that nerd.

justasportsfan
12-09-2005, 12:54 PM

It was only a matter of time before we saw E-Mo's true colors. His off-field antics was bound to hit the field sooner or later. :shakeno:I wonder who his source is. All we have is what came from the horse's mouth. MOulds.

" Mularkey is losing some of his key veteran players, and that has to be disturbing to owner Ralph Wilson. What was supposed to be a playoff season has dropped into a 4-8 disaster and a three-game losing streak. Losman is struggling at quarterback. Consequently, RB Willis McGahee has been ineffective -- averaging just 60 rushing yards a game the past four contests. The team just isn't winning."

You forgot to add this "Clayton" insight.I wonder why . :scratch: Oh yeah , it shows MM has his team out of control. Not only is he losing his vets, he's losing Willis.

Who's next? With the way things are going, if MM is still here he'll eventually lose JP too.

casdhf
12-09-2005, 01:44 PM
I'd still take him over TO

DraftBoy
12-09-2005, 01:46 PM
John Clayton is not very insightful in this article. Matter of fact, there have been absolutely no reports about that being the reason why Moulds left the game.

This is old news too, get a clue. It says he "faces either a suspension or deactivation." This issue was already resolved and there was never any indication of a possible deactivation.

Your gonna rip the kid because his article is a day old? Give me a break, will we stop at no point to try and discredit points that Moulds could be the reason of his own suspension??

"Moulds pulled himself out of Sunday's game against the Dolphins and faces either a suspension or a deactivation... Moulds is one of the team's most popular players in the locker room, but a lot of changes seem to be brewing on this team. Mularkey is losing some of his key veteran players, and that has to be disturbing to owner Ralph Wilson. What was supposed to be a playoff season has dropped into a 4-8 disaster and a three-game losing streak. Losman is struggling at quarterback."

If you ask me, Clayton is not watching the games.

Losman hasnt exactly been godly either. We like what we see because we are looking for him to progress. Last 4 ganes 6 TD, and 3 INT. Average rating of 88.45. Hell his last game was by far his best since week 1 and he still threw at only a 50% completion rating and threw a costly INT in the redzone. But Im sure we have excuses of WR's dropping balls, and the it was all the coaches fault bc of the INT. Maybe you arent watching the games?

"Coach Nick Saban has done a nice job. Despite inconsistent play at quarterback all season, the 5-7 season offers encouragement. If the Dolphins can secure a quarterback this offseason, they suddenly have a chance to challenge the Patriots for the division. Last week's 21-point comeback to beat the Bills was huge. It put the Dolphins in second place in the AFC East and ripped the hearts out of the Bills. Still, Saban is a realist. He knows this will be a tough game."

Yea, real insightful. This is a load of garbage. You need to get a real source instead of quoting that nerd.

God forbid a team that completely manhandeled us in the 2nd half could be dangerous with a real QB. Dont let your bias blind you, the Dolphins got alot of peices in place but lack a QB to put it all together.

Also why do we immediately take Moulds words as truth? Is it not possible that he could not be telling us everything? Its not that uncommon in sports or life for that matter. People are just itching to find another reason to blame the staff. News Flash: You can stop looking for reasons we have plenty. Soon enough however he will be gone.

AndreReed83
12-09-2005, 02:30 PM

That is complete and utter speculation by the Professor. And why is Moulds a baby if he feels he has been neglected by JP? It's true, JP doesn't look to Moulds nearly as often as his other targets. That, coupled with the imbecile coaching staff, I'd be upset too.

Novacane
12-09-2005, 03:05 PM
They're gonna be pissed that he gave WGR55 an interview. The Bills management hates them

Lexwhat
12-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Your gonna rip the kid because his article is a day old? Give me a break, will we stop at no point to try and discredit points that Moulds could be the reason of his own suspension??

I'll tell you what did it for me. When Mr. Wilson handed Moulds only a 1-game suspension rather than 4. From his own words (cut the baby in half), Wilson admitted that he was compromising Mularkey's decision with Moulds's situation. If Mularkey was correct, then Moulds would have been suspended for 4 games. A 4 game suspension approved by Wilson would have let me know that Moulds truly deserved what Mularkey was trying to give him. But that obviously was not the case.

I mean, since when does an owner reach a compromise and undermine a coach's decision for a player? Why didn't Donohoe make this decision? If you think this is all normal, then I dont know what to tell you. Mularkey's credibility was shot down, regardless of it was because of Moulds or Willis or Sam Adams or anyone else on the team.

Losman hasnt exactly been godly either. We like what we see because we are looking for him to progress. Last 4 ganes 6 TD, and 3 INT. Average rating of 88.45. Hell his last game was by far his best since week 1 and he still threw at only a 50% completion rating and threw a costly INT in the redzone. But Im sure we have excuses of WR's dropping balls, and the it was all the coaches fault bc of the INT. Maybe you arent watching the games?.

Struggling is the word Clayton used for JP. That title belongs to guys like Kyle Boller or Joey Harrington. I dont usually like to talk about stats much, but a 88 Passer Rating is not struggling. If anything, JP is doing average (about middle of the pack). And for a 1st year QB starter, average is pretty damn good. And oh yea, I do watch the games. If you think JP hasen't done pretty well the last 2 games given the play-calling, then I disagree. Even his critics can admit that he's not struggling.

God forbid a team that completely manhandeled us in the 2nd half could be dangerous with a real QB. Dont let your bias blind you, the Dolphins got alot of peices in place but lack a QB to put it all together.

Also why do we immediately take Moulds words as truth? Is it not possible that he could not be telling us everything? Its not that uncommon in sports or life for that matter. People are just itching to find another reason to blame the staff. News Flash: You can stop looking for reasons we have plenty. Soon enough however he will be gone.

First you say that JP "still threw at only a 50% completion rating and threw a costly INT in the redzone," and now you are saying that Miami has a lot of pieces in place. JP did as well as any QB did playing in Miami this year. That includes a guy named Tom Brady. If you ask me, JP handled it very well.

Actually, what I meant when I called Clayton's analysis "garbage" was that anyone with a stat sheet could write what he wrote. That includes any 12 year old. I am well aware of the talent that Miami has and that their coaching staff is pretty good.

Bottom line, we should have won that game and there was no reason to lose it.

Mahdi
12-09-2005, 05:03 PM
No one can deny what he is saying about the team not having an identity, he hit the nail on the head there. I guess the players do feel the same way we do. This should be an intersting game.

Turf
12-09-2005, 07:59 PM

Totally agree. Mularkey brings new redefining to the term "tool". What an idiot.

LifetimeBillsFan
12-10-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm not going to get into the Mularkey-Moulds thing because I think both were wrong and, if I owned the team, both would be gone next year, but I could like to comment on a couple of other points in this thread:

1.) Is it possible that one of the reasons that S.Aiken was given a more prominent role in the game planning was that MM, like virtually everyone else, knows that Moulds is not likely to be with the Bills next season and wants to get a look at Aiken, who has earned some playing time with his ST play, to see what he has in him before making a decision on how to replace Moulds in the off-season? While they could have still had a shot at a playoff berth with a win against Miami, in reality, anyone can see that this Bills team simply isn't a playoff-caliber team. Knowing that, why shouldn't the coaching staff plan to take a look at some of the younger players to see what they have and begin to plan for what they need to get in the off-season? While most coaches and GM's won't admit it, Saban was right a couple of weeks ago when he said that it wasn't about winning games now, but about building (a championship team) for the future. Now, if Mularkey was doing that and it ruffled Moulds' feathers, I can't say that MM was wrong for wanting to give Aiken some playing time.

2.) A couple of comparisons to think about regarding JP Losman: Do you realize that since returning to action against KC, JP's completion percentage has actually been higher than E.Manning's has been this season? 54%-52.8% And JP doesn't have P.Burress to snag some of his overthrown passes like Manning does and Manning has a year more experience than JP. Also, here are K.Orton's stats over that same span of games: 8-13 for 67, 1INT; 15-26 for 136, 1TD, 1INT; 14-28 for 134, 1TD, 1INT; 6-17 for 68, 1INT. Orton has more starting game experience and plays for a better team, but JP has better stats....still, the Bears won all four of those games, the Bills only one......

Mitchy moo
12-10-2005, 06:27 AM
The coaching staff needs to evalute what talent they have and who will be here next year. EM didn't like the idea of being a tool but in reality these guys are paid to do a job. If the tool to do a job becomes too expensive vs what that tool can do and return in value it gives, you don't buy it.

EM is out, he knew that from the start. If he thinks thay anyone is going to give him top tool dollar, he's losing it. The only separation he can get now is from his girlfriends/wife.

Michael82
12-10-2005, 08:47 AM
Great interview. I support Moulds 100% and will definitely be wearing my jersey on Sunday for him. :up:

The King
12-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Class act. I feel for E-MO. Maybe the new coach will make him feel valuable. And he will stay.