PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if buffalo is going to look at this guy, I think he is the real deal.

ticatfan
12-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Printers preparing for NFL workouts

Casey Printers

TSN.ca Staff

12/8/2005 3:52:05 PM

According to MOJO radio in Vancouver former NFL quarterback Steve DeBerg is helping Casey Printers prepare for NFL workouts in Tampa Bay.

Sources tell MOJO that Printers will workout for the Dolphins in Miami on Tuesday and for the Chiefs in Kansas City on Thursday. The radio station says that Printers is getting interest from other NFL teams as well.

Printers was the CFL MVP in 2004 when he threw for 5,088 yards with 35 touchdowns and only ten interceptions. He was also second on the team with 469 rushing yards and led the Lions with nine rushing touchdowns.

Despite struggling with shoulder and toe injuries in 2005 Printers managed to throw for 1,676 yards and nine touchdowns with six interceptions. He also ran for 336 yards on just 38 attempts for an average of 8.8 yards per carry to go along with two rushing touchdowns

hammerbillsfan
12-13-2005, 11:59 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story.asp?id=146806

LtFinFan66 might be interested.

TigerJ
12-13-2005, 12:41 PM
A couple years ago everyone got excited about Ricky Ray. He had tryouts, ended up being signed by the Jets where he languished as their third QB, never seeing the field. Now he's back in Canada.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2005, 12:57 PM
This is a league in which Doug Flutie is a mutliple MVP living legend.

ParanoidAndroid
12-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Players have made the transition before, but none that made any significant contributions to my knowledge.
It will happen someday...just like Kurt Warner going from the Iowa Barnstormers of the AFL to Superbowl MVP and League MVP, some dude will come from the CFL and have a successful NFL career.
NFL teams sift through these other leagues every year for a reason. Every once in a while someone finds a gem.