PDA

View Full Version : TD's fate is now sealed

Mr. Cynical
12-11-2005, 01:05 PM
No way he keeps his job after this blowout.

As much as it sucks to lose, I actually feel good now about next year and beyond. :dance:

TD :bigwave:

The King
12-11-2005, 01:10 PM
I am kind of with you. If thats what it takes to bring on some change, then fine.

Although I would like to see JP play well help build his confidence.

Billz_fan
12-11-2005, 01:12 PM
God I hope your right. This team is messed up. We need a new GM and a new coach.

JJamezz
12-11-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm with ya man.

I think TD's fate was already determined before this game, but I'm not sure Mularkey's was... I think this was the pivotol game - Denver and Cincy are good teams, so losing to both those teams wouldn't be much of a surprise, much like beating the Jets wouldn't be. But getting enough out of this team to beat a wounded Pats team, at home, was very doable.

Had we come in and lit it up today, we may very well have had to put up with another year of this crap coaching.

dolphinssuck
12-11-2005, 01:30 PM
I hope so that way wed get a postive outta this!

The King
12-11-2005, 01:30 PM
I think we should make a statement and fire everyone during the half.

Mitchy moo
12-11-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm with ya man.

I think TD's fate was already determined before this game, but I'm not sure Mularkey's was... I think this was the pivotol game - Denver and Cincy are good teams, so losing to both those teams wouldn't be much of a surprise, much like beating the Jets wouldn't be. But getting enough out of this team to beat a wounded Pats team, at home, was very doable.

Had we come in and lit it up today, we may very well have had to put up with another year of this crap coaching.

Do you think we have a shot against those 2 teams right now?? :lmao:

Mr. Cynical
12-11-2005, 01:38 PM
I think we should make a statement and fire everyone during the half.

:bf1:

kevinj22
12-11-2005, 01:38 PM
I am kind of with you. If thats what it takes to bring on some change, then fine.

Although I would like to see JP play well help build his confidence. it's hard to play behind this line of ours, also if you watch some of the QB"s run there offense the protection is better because of the schemes. Our play calling is horrid and the plays are horrid. Put JP in a quick strike offense that is sort of like the west coast offense and he will succeed.

justasportsfan
12-11-2005, 01:39 PM
For someone who loves to make waves via the media, TD is awfully quiet these days.

Mr. Cynical
12-11-2005, 01:40 PM
For someone who loves to make waves via the media, TD is awfully quiet these days.

Yep....probably busy working with real estate brokers.

Mr. Cynical
12-11-2005, 01:41 PM
More good news....

MILLEN ON SHAKY GROUND?

ESPN's Chris Mortensen also reports that Lions CEO Matt Millen isn't in the clear, even though the recent termination of coach Steve Mariucci, and not of Millen, caused most league observers to conclude that Millen would get at least another year.

Per Mort, the burgeoning protests against Millen could be catching the eye of the Ford family, who still might send Millen packing after the season.

And regarding those disputed reports as to whether Millen is or isn't entitled to pay for the remaining years on his deal if he is fired, we've heard that the correct version here is that the money is guaranteed. With that said, Millen has told reporters that he would not seek more money if/when he is fired.

Our guess is that Ford is carrying a laminated copy of those remarks in his wallet.

Iehoshua
12-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Millen and TD can go have tea and crumpets together in the unemployment line.

Devin
12-11-2005, 01:52 PM
I hope your right :up:

gr8slayer
12-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Ralph wont fire the guy. He has no cojones.

DaBills
12-11-2005, 03:02 PM
No way they fire anyone today. All the business cards in the front office come pre-printed with "It's not my fault" on them. TD will throw MM under the bus, watch. That's what Millen did in Detroit.

don137
12-11-2005, 03:25 PM
When Mularkey was hired TD said something that success of the Bills under MM will make or break him in Buffalo. Well I can honestly say this team is worse than any team fielded in Buffalo in the last 20 years.
The Bills players have about have so little drive and fight in them they would make the French proud....Way to ruin a franchise TD.

Michael82
12-11-2005, 06:56 PM
:bigwave: Tom "No playoffs in 5 years" Donahoe

:bigwave: Mike "Full of" Mularkey

hammerbillsfan
12-11-2005, 08:06 PM
:bigwave: bye! DonaHOE and Mularkey.
Good riddance you ****ing fools.

Philagape
12-11-2005, 08:47 PM
TD :flush: MM :flush:

Mudflap1
12-11-2005, 08:53 PM
I want Tom Donahoe and Mike Mularkey gone as much or more than anyone, and I've been preaching (at least Donahoe) since the beginning of the season. I must say though, if there's one thing Tom Donahoe ever said that makes some sense, it's that the NFL is a long season with a lot of ups and downs and you shouldn't make any long-term decisions until after the season. Couple that with the fact that it basically doesn't do any teams any good to fire the coach or GM in the middle of the season, and I come to the conclusion that you can't blame Wilson to wait until at least the day after the season to make a move. There's no point in making one before then. It's not like we've got the answer on the sidelines now (Wyche, Gray, Clements? I think not). It's not like we're going to turn the season around.

That being said, today's loss was again a step in the direction of firing both guys. Denver next week and Cincy the week after doesn't bode well for us either. Both teams are very good, hungry, and need to win for positioning in the playoff race. This team is looking at 5-11 at best, but probably 4-12 at this point. This team is heading in the wrong direction in complete free-fall. The players have totally lost focus and faith in the organization. It's hard to blame them. Wilson needs to make the move fast after the season, then have the right replacement candidate(s) lined up (please bring in a REAL leader for GM and coach), so that we can successfully try to create a fresh atmosphere and attract free agents/draft picks to Buffalo.

It's getting there though, just like I thought I would. Before the season I posted that I predicted a stretch of 7 straight losses leading up to a 6-10 record. Everyone thought I was out of my mind. The only game they won that I was wrong about was Kansas City. Overall, they actually have UNDERachieved according to my predictions, if you can imagine that. I had them 5-8 at this point, with them winning against the Bengals and losing against the Broncos and Jets. Obviously, it appears beating the Bengals is out of the realm of possibilities. I knew there would be some optimism among our loyal fan base early in the season (J.P. will only get better, if we can just rally like last year, the line will come together, etc.) but that the wheels would fall off the wagon around now. They have officially fallen off. We couldn't beat the University of Buffalo right now. The sooner the end of the season comes and Ralph cleans house the better.

Jon

Kerr
12-11-2005, 10:50 PM
When ralph fires TD he'll need to hire a mlb ump to tell TD he better get the hell out.

vicmantak
12-12-2005, 12:30 AM
The sooner the end of the season comes and Ralph cleans house the better.

Amen.