PDA

View Full Version : So, who CAN stay?

X-Era
12-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Heres my list:

Losman- he looked like a rookie today and was god awful, but, to me, it was the 1st game of the year that he looked that bad
Evans
McGahee- only until we improve the o-line and find out if hes worth anything or not
Jason Peters
Roscoe Parrish- only because hes a rookie certianly not because he has done anything impressive
Duke Preston- hey, we do need some backups
Kevin Everett- lucks out because we dont know anything about him yet

McGee- keeps getting better
Crowell- a bright spot as a backup who might be good enough to start
Aaron Schobel- has 10 sacks i think and gets better each year
Chris Kelsay- I love the motor, I think he might start getting sacks soon
Tim Anderson- we do need one backup at DT
Takeo Spikes
Nate Clements- only because we cant or wont get anyone better
London Fletcher- but only if we build a monsterous wall in front of him in the offseason, if not let him go to.
Brian Moorman

So, in my estimation we have about 16 players that should stay out of 53,

great job TD!!!

Im sure theres a few young players as ST that are worth a crap and should stay for that reason.

gr8slayer
12-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Rashad Baker should stay.

DaBills
12-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Expect the worse and prepare for life without Spikes. He may be here, but can he be 100% again? I hope so but then I thought Sam Cowart would've too.

Evans, McGhee and McGahee ok.

But JP? He looks worse than Manning last year with the Giants. If we have a shot though in the draft, I am leaning in this order towards a new 1) QB, or 2) Reggie B., (sorry buy WM is not a punder like Travis was and he ain't making **** happen with this line 3) DE impact player and 4) OL.

I don't want to see a freakin punter in the second, or a TE in the 5th. I want an impact player NOW.

ublinkwescore
12-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Rashad Baker should stay.

So should Jabari Greer and Eric King - Clements is so full of himself that we're gonna need depth at DB

bills&sabresmvf
12-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Put a high school team out there, they'd win more games because they will have more character than this team.

ScottLawrence
12-11-2005, 03:20 PM
IMO, whoever our GM/Head coach is next year.

JP should not be handed the job like he was this year.

X-Era
12-11-2005, 03:21 PM
So should Jabari Greer and Eric King - Clements is so full of himself that we're gonna need depth at DB

Greer, King, and Baker should stay, as should Stamer and Leonhard. However, NONE of them should start.

Now were up to 20, only 33 more players needed.

ublinkwescore
12-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Expect the worse and prepare for life without Spikes. He may be here, but can he be 100% again? I hope so but then I thought Sam Cowart would've too.

But JP? He looks worse than Manning last year with the Giants. If we have a shot though in the draft, I am leaning in this order towards a new 1) QB, or 2) Reggie B., (sorry buy WM is not a punder like Travis was and he ain't making **** happen with this line 3) DE impact player and 4) OL.

I don't want to see a freakin punter in the second, or a TE in the 5th. I want an impact player NOW.

Who's your favorite Football team again?

Because I know it's not the Bills.

You clearly don't pay attention - Reggie Bush would be a wasted pick - not a position of need - McGahee is a good back, but you wouldn't know it with the Oline we have in front of him - the fact that he reached 1,000 yards already with that Line in front of him is a testament to how good he is. Travis got suspended for four games with the titans for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy - so there's a real winner - did I mention he can't keep his hands off Jailbait?

I think our DEs are more than serviceable so once again - not a need when you look at the rest of the team - Get OL help (if someone's available and happens to be a stud at keeping his QB's upright, for god's sake, get them even if it means beating their Frachise Tag tender - like we did to get Spikes) I want nothing but OL and DL help for this team - I want to see us sacking and stuffing running backs like we saw the last two years, but I want to see it come together on the other side of the ball as well - and that's just not gonna happen if JP doesn't have the time to set up and make his progressions.

X-Era
12-11-2005, 03:27 PM

You clearly don't pay attention - Reggie Bush would be a wasted pick - not a position of need - McGahee is a good back, but you wouldn't know it with the Oline we have in front of him - the fact that he reached 1,000 yards already with that Line in front of him is a testament to how good he is. Travis got suspended for four games with the titans for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy - so there's a real winner - did I mention he can't keep his hands off Jailbait?

I think our DEs are more than serviceable so once again - not a need when you look at the rest of the team - Get OL help (if someone's available and happens to be a stud at keeping his QB's upright, for god's sake, get them even if it means beating their Frachise Tag tender - like we did to get Spikes) I want nothing but OL and DL help for this team - I want to see us sacking and stuffing running backs like we saw the last two years, but I want to see it come together on the other side of the ball as well - and that's just not gonna happen if JP doesn't have the time to set up and make his progressions.

I agree that our D and O lines need some MAJOR new components. However, I want to see the bulk of it come from Free agency in players that are proven and can help day one rather than taking a chance on another Mike Williams.

If you need to pay for it somehow, theres a growing list of overpaid vets who ought to have pink slips like yesterday.

But yes, get lots of guys in the draft too. We should rebuild our lines from BOTH, but Free agency should be first and foremost.

HHURRICANE
12-11-2005, 03:29 PM

You take Bush if you can get him!! He's that good and you can always trade him. I watched all of Mannings games last year and Losman is at least 5 times better. You wouldn't make that comment if you had seen Eli's games. Trust me.

X-Era
12-11-2005, 03:35 PM
You take Bush if you can get him!! He's that good and you can always trade him. I watched all of Mannings games last year and Losman is at least 5 times better. You wouldn't make that comment if you had seen Eli's games. Trust me.

Seriously, theres a dozen fickle fans like him that agree. Who cares, Losman is our starter for this year, next, and beyond.

People who think Losman is a problem just have no vision and thank god they arent scouts for this team. Although, with picks like Reed, maybe some of them are!

DaBills
12-11-2005, 03:44 PM
" Who's your favorite Football team again?

I think our DEs are more than serviceable so once again - not a need when you look at the rest of the team - Get OL help (if someone's available and happens to be a stud at keeping his QB's upright, for god's sake, get them even if it means beating their Frachise Tag tender - like we did to get Spikes) I want nothing but OL and DL help for this team - I want to see us sacking and stuffing running backs like we saw the last two years, but I want to see it come together on the other side of the ball as well - and that's just not gonna happen if JP doesn't have the time to set up and make his progressions."

You're not watching the same team apparently. Servicable? Yeah right. That's the thinking that got us into this situation. Be happy with the DL you have and 'get value' in the later rounds. You need an impact player on the DL or OL NOW.

We've tried rebuilding through FA – and it doesn't work. Have you watched how that's panned out these past few years under TD?

You will also kill WM by running him into the line. As far as Henry's judgement? Name one angel in the NFL. Michael Irvin got caught with hookers and coke, but tell me you wouldn't have traded for him in his prime.

"You wouldn't make that comment if you had seen Eli's games."

I did. I watched most if not all the Giants games since I get them all. He had a real coach who adapted the playcalling to work within his limits. MM has JP going deep ALL the time. The Giants also had a great back in Barber and a line that could help Eli more than ours. Not to mention, their D at least kept them in games enough to give Eli the chance to learn. Has ours?

This scenario familiar for our D? 1st and 10: stopped. 2nd and 10: Stopped. 3rd and long - opponents convert.

X-Era
12-11-2005, 03:45 PM

Seriously, do we want ANOTHER high round o-lineman who will spend 75% of ever season injured with a tweaked pinky toe?

ublinkwescore
12-11-2005, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=DaBills]" Who's your favorite Football team again?

I think our DEs are more than serviceable so once again - not a need when you look at the rest of the team - Get OL help (if someone's available and happens to be a stud at keeping his QB's upright, for god's sake, get them even if it means beating their Frachise Tag tender - like we did to get Spikes) I want nothing but OL and DL help for this team - I want to see us sacking and stuffing running backs like we saw the last two years, but I want to see it come together on the other side of the ball as well - and that's just not gonna happen if JP doesn't have the time to set up and make his progressions."

You're not watching the same team apparently. Servicable? Yeah right. That's the thinking that got us into this situation. Be happy with the DL you have and 'get value' in the later rounds. You need an impact player on the DL or OL NOW.

We've tried rebuilding through FA – and it doesn't work. Have you watched how that's panned out these past few years under TD?

You will also kill WM by running him into the line. As far as Henry's judgement? Name one angel in the NFL. Michael Irvin got caught with hookers and coke, but tell me you wouldn't have traded for him in his prime.
QUOTE]

I said our DEs are servicable - and they are - WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE OL. We can't afford to bring in a probowl DE when we've got Schoebel getting 10 + sacks a year and getting at least one INT every year, and getting at least 2 fumble recoveries every year - I'm more then satisfied with Schoebel's play once again - WHEN I LOOK AT THE REST OF THE TEAM.

Our biggest problem has been the inability to score points on a consistent basis - well guess what, that's not gonna change if Losman doesn't have time - Peyton Manning would look even worse then Losman behind this line simply because the difference in their mobility is night and day.

ublinkwescore
12-11-2005, 03:53 PM
If we would have drafted Bryant McKinnie over Williams would you be saying this?

ublinkwescore
12-11-2005, 03:53 PM
One more thing DaBills - count on TD being gone by no later then january.

DaBills
12-11-2005, 04:02 PM
God I wish he was gone today, lol. Listening to him in the postgame, he sounded like he knows he's gone.

"I'm more then satisfied with Schoebel's play once again - WHEN I LOOK AT THE REST OF THE TEAM."

Agree. And what I'm saying is that a player like a Phil Hanson was a servicable, dependable end when we had an impact guy like Bruce Smith. Players like Smith draw doubles that allow average guys like a Hansen or Aaron to be more effective. Damn, I wish we Pat this year because I think Aaron would look even better than he has.

And as far as getting an OL high-priced, I don't want to go down that road. I go nutz when I think that instead of Williams, we could've had Julius Peppers.

Historian
12-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Keep Woody and Hojo.

They're great equiptment managers.

X-Era
12-11-2005, 04:50 PM
If we would have drafted Bryant McKinnie over Williams would you be saying this?
i understand why your saying this but mckinnie told the world before the draft that he didnt want to play in buffalo

Ingtar33
12-11-2005, 05:58 PM
McKinnie has been as big a bust in Minn as Williams has been in Buffalo. The only difference is the Vikes keep playing him because they refuse to admit their mistake.

Ingtar33
12-11-2005, 06:02 PM
and yes... i thought Mike Williams would be a bookend LT in this league for the next decade.

I also thought M.W. was a better pick at no.4 then McK. (though i was all for drafting Roy Williams, over either)

we all make mistakes. The difference between a good GM and a poor one, is a good gm makes enough good choices that his bad ones don't stick out like sore thumbs. If Donahoe had delivered AFC East championships... or atleast trips to the playoffs, then we would care less if MW was a bust.

Lexwhat
12-11-2005, 06:19 PM
And as far as getting an OL high-priced, I don't want to go down that road. I go nutz when I think that instead of Williams, we could've had Julius Peppers.

Peppers was the 2nd pick...Williams was 4th.

Perhaps you mean Freeney?

X-Era
12-11-2005, 06:24 PM
McKinnie has been as big a bust in Minn as Williams has been in Buffalo. The only difference is the Vikes keep playing him because they refuse to admit their mistake.

This isnt a McKinnie vs. Williams thing. What it is is a discussion about drafting with a top 10 pick, another OT. I dont see any d_ckheads like McKinnie in the top OT ranks. Nor do I see any OT's that appear to be injury prone like Williams.

But, considering the facts that it usually take a while for a OT to play well, I think we would rather invest money via free agency. Besides, the 2nd round or even late 1st is the place to be as far as OT's go. Theres only 1 guy, Ferguson who is worthy of that high of a pick, Eric Winston should go between 15 and 20. Just my opinion.

I like Ngata, Williams if Clement is gone, or a new OLB like AJ Hawk.

It will be interesting to watch USC vs. Tex. many guys who some of us like are in it. Mike Huff, Johnathan Scott, Rodrique Wright, Winston Justice, Darnell Bing.

Huff, Scott, Wright are in shooting distance of our likely pick spot. It would be a great game to scout.

DaBills
12-11-2005, 06:24 PM
" Peppers was the 2nd pick...Williams was 4th.

Perhaps you mean Freeney?"

Yes, thank you. I stand corrected. I thought at the time there was talk of trading up to get him, but it seemed we were so locked in on OL.

X-Era
12-11-2005, 06:48 PM
" Peppers was the 2nd pick...Williams was 4th.

Perhaps you mean Freeney?"

Yes, thank you. I stand corrected. I thought at the time there was talk of trading up to get him, but it seemed we were so locked in on OL.

IMO, being locked in to a position is a very very bad thing. A team this bad needs stars more than solid players. If a star is there at a non-need position, I say we look at that player.

Besides, our likely spot is dominated by defensive players. No real WR's, after Bush no real RB's, a few TE's but not that high, just OLB's, a few DB's, and maybe an OT. ANY of those positions we can use help.