PDA

View Full Version : we might have a chance at a TOP 5 pick

djjimkelly
12-11-2005, 03:22 PM
well at least one postive i can think of any new GM and coach coming into buffalo might have a real shot at landing a top 5 pick only the jets stand in our way. becuz we for sure arent outcoaching the broncos or bengals. and some lower teams are winning and our division has horrible record as a whole or opp win % will be surely very low we will win those TIE BREAKERS at least LOL

Tasker
12-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Heres the problem

2 Great QB's - We want Vince YOUNG!

BUT

Who picks before us?

Houston - will take Bush
then GB and NY Jets both need a quarterback.

So we may get stuck taking another 2nd rate non-star like losman.

Devin
12-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Id rather have Bush then a QB lol.

Oh well, I can dream.

X-Era
12-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Heres the problem

BUT

Who picks before us?

Houston - will take Bush

Young has already said hes returning to Texas. It was reported at the Heisman Award Ceremony.

AndreReed83
12-11-2005, 03:39 PM
Heres the problem

BUT

Who picks before us?

Houston - will take Bush

I'm sorry but there is just so much in this post I disagree with.

1. Vince Young?! He's GOOD. Not great. Not above average. Just good. He has a great team around him. He has no accuracy, and he actually has slow reaction. He'll get eaten alive in the NFL.

2. Green Bay doesn't need a QB. At all. They have Aaron Rodgers. I'm not even sure the Jets will take a QB.

3. We will get a good player. Especially if they get a top 5 pick. There is good talent at the O-line and CB.

ublinkwescore
12-11-2005, 03:43 PM
then we address the OL through the draft, and DT through FA.

don137
12-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Houston and San Francisco have the #1 and the #2 overall all but wrapped up. We may need the Jets to beat Buffalo in the last game of the season to get a top 5. Not sure if I could root against the Bills to improve a draft position.

ublinkwescore
12-11-2005, 04:03 PM
$#!t, as much as I hate to admit it, I could - for no other reason than we need the first stud OL guy we can get our hands on - hopefully we'll trade down as much as possible to get him with all the skill position players available this draft.

Captain Obvious
12-11-2005, 04:15 PM
then we address the OL through the draft, and DT through FA.

Never would have thought this was possible 3 weeks ago, but the way things are going (the bills will be lucky to win 1 more game) maybe the bills have a shot at D"Brickashaw Ferguson? The bills have tons of needs but a chance to get a Orlando Pace/Jonathon Ogden type of LT to protect JPs blind side would be nice.