X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonzo1105
    • Jul 2002

My opinion for fixing this team.

Hey guys been a long time since I have posted on here but I was just lookin over the O-line FA's for this year and assuming we cut Mike Williams and Eric Moulds we should have an extra 8 mill or so along and if Clumps cap numbers are correct we should be somewhere in the 16 mill range. I figure there are two scenario's for fixing this team. It appears as of right now we will finish either 4-12 or 5-11 and have roughly a top 5 pick.

Scenario one:

We keep Peters at RT and insert Preston at C and sign Steve Hutchinson to play guard, while drafting an O-lineman like Ferguson. Having Villariall return at RG. If we can't sign Hutchinson and this is the route we wanna take. A good look at Chargers RFA Kris Deilman would be a good option. Then fillin out DT holes with the 2nd round pick and resigning Edwards.

O-line would be LT Ferguson, LG Hutchinson, C Preston, RG Villariall, RT Peters

Scenario two:

We keep Peters and Preston at the same spots. Sign either Jon Runyan(yes i know he's old) or Jeff Backus to anchor us at LT and take Ngata the DT in the first round after a trade down and pick up another 2nd rounder. then take a guard like Max Giles with our 2nd round pick. and take a solid CB with our other 2nd rounder. I know that some of you will say there has to be a trade partner for this trade down but i see that as a big possibility we all know that Bush and Leinart are gonna go somewhere in the top 3. A lot of teams will be chompin at the bit to get players such as Williams, Hawk, Jimmy Williams, Omar Jacobs and a couple others

O-line LT Backus, LG Giles, C Preston RG Villariall, RT Peters

Its very hard to think like this once again but if I was a GM i definetely would be looking into these types of scenarios. Tell me what you guys think
Working...
X