PDA

View Full Version : Contrary to popular belief, Mike Mularkey did not lose the team this week...

Ebenezer
12-11-2005, 04:56 PM
He lost the veteran core of this team when the team parted ways with Drew Bledsoe...this is not a thread defending Bledsoe...

if you are a vet on a team and you go 9-7, missing the playoffs by a couple of stupid plays here and there aren't you a little pissed when the team jettisons a veteran QB for a kid with no experience?? I think the downward spiral started then.

L.A. Playa
12-11-2005, 05:02 PM
They should have had a QB competition in camp, then no one could have complained when things went wrong, this team was lost the minute Mularkey showed no balls in benching JP in the first place

I dont blame JP iam still looking for the dominant Defense and power running game

Philagape
12-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Was it MM's call to cut Drew?

Novacane
12-11-2005, 05:12 PM
:rolleyes:

Iehoshua
12-11-2005, 05:26 PM
:deadhorse

The Bills were not 9-7 last year much less 4-9 this year mainly due to QB play. When you go from 2nd ranked defense to 26th, that's why you lose, period. Get off Drew's nuts for God's sake.

camelcowboy
12-11-2005, 05:34 PM
This thread is pointless. Would Drew Bledsoe prevent the patriots from having the ball for 40 minutes. Would Drew Bledsoe do anybetter against the patriots? Does Drew Bledsoe call the plays? Does he Blitz nonstop on Defense. Would bledsoe allow any team that wants to, to run on us all game long. Did bledsoe allow Chambers to gain 230 something yards through the air? They quit today, and they have packed it in for the season. We will not win another game this season. Bledsoe was damaged goods in buffalo, he's doing fine in Dallas because he has one of the better coaches holding his hand. Our coaching staff can't run the ball on 1st and goal at the three. What makes you think they could use bledsoe at all.

Philagape
12-11-2005, 05:36 PM
We'd be just as ****ed with Bledsoe right now. Behind this line, are you kidding me? Guaranteed.

camelcowboy
12-11-2005, 05:45 PM
This line is garbage, Richard Seymour was a one man recking crew in the middle of that line. Guards, center are trash.

Turf
12-11-2005, 05:47 PM
If we swapped QB's with NE today we would still have lost this game.

Historian
12-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Eb's right though...he lost this team a long time ago. The veteran revolt over the QB situation was a good indicator.

camelcowboy
12-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Its pointless, Bledsoe wouldn't have made a difference. The same revolt would have happened if bledsoe was in. Except the veterans would want mobility and youth of losman. This line is garbage. Bledsoe wouldn't have made any difference.

DaBills
12-11-2005, 06:08 PM
This line would've killed bledsoe deader than he'd ever been. Only reason he's doing decent is that at least Parcells is a real coach and keeps 6,7 even 8 sometimes back to block. But, that obviously limits his receiving options. We only ever kept 6 back and couldn't even block 4.

Regardless of when he lost the team, and I feel it was before today, he still lost it and TD should get the blame too. He picked him.

Tatonka
12-11-2005, 06:11 PM
:deadhorse

The Bills were not 9-7 last year much less 4-9 this year mainly due to QB play. When you go from 2nd ranked defense to 26th, that's why you lose, period. Get off Drew's nuts for God's sake.

:goodpost:

you have to expect it though from EB.

Ebenezer
12-11-2005, 06:21 PM
amazing...nowhere did I say I wanted Bledsoe back...the guys who hated Bledsoe made this about Bledsoe...this thread had nothing to do with Bledsoe...it was about MM losing the team

...it was irrelevant who was the veteran QB last year...this team started going down when the vets stopped buying in...that happened around the time the former QB was released...

Philagape
12-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Then they need to find another league to play in. Releasing veterans is pretty common now.

Tatonka
12-11-2005, 06:38 PM
amazing...nowhere did I say I wanted Bledsoe back...the guys who hated Bledsoe made this about Bledsoe...this thread had nothing to do with Bledsoe...it was about MM losing the team

...it was irrelevant who was the veteran QB last year...this team started going down when the vets stopped buying in...that happened around the time the former QB was released...

:rolleyes:

Turf
12-11-2005, 06:49 PM
The Bills knew the O-Line sucked. Their solution was to get a mobile QB instead of fixing it.

RedEyE
12-11-2005, 06:52 PM
Who's call was it to run only 8 times today?

Iehoshua
12-11-2005, 06:52 PM
So after beating Houston, all the vets hated Moolarkey and the team was in shambles at 1-0?

Puhleaze.

Iehoshua
12-12-2005, 12:59 PM
So after beating Houston, all the vets hated Moolarkey and the team was in shambles at 1-0?

Puhleaze.

:handball:

Drive 4 Five
12-12-2005, 01:15 PM
He lost the veteran core of this team when the team parted ways with Drew Bledsoe...this is not a thread defending Bledsoe...
if you are a vet on a team and you go 9-7, missing the playoffs by a couple of stupid plays here and there aren't you a little pissed when the team jettisons a veteran QB for a kid with no experience?? I think the downward spiral started then.

I posted this just seeconds ago on another thread before I saw what Ebby had written here. Check it out.

Here is an interesting point to consider. I was watching the game with a Steeler fan yesterday who said that he believed the team quit when we cut Drew Bledsoe. He said to me, I know you don't want to hear this, I know Drew played like **** alot of the time, but as a veteran player, how would it make you feel if you came within ONE game of the playoffs, and in the offseason, the team cuts your QB? The only QB you realistically have a chance to make a run with, and he gets cut for a young player with zero experience? He went on further to explain, that while Bledsoe may not have been in the graces of the fans, he was revered by his team. He then said, say what you will about Drew Bledsoe, he is or isn't alot of things but one thing you can be certain of, is that he is a leader. Look how he carried himself when the fans and media ripped him. He was always the first to place blame on himself, even the times when it was not all his fault, and he never had a negative thing to say about the team or the organization and especially not the fans.

I have to say, he makes a very strong point.

justasportsfan
12-12-2005, 01:19 PM
I think this team was doomed the minute TD got rid of Christie , another player that belongs to the bills Wall of Fame. :snicker:

Since then we've never had a kicker who was half the player Christie was.

bernielivsey_1
12-12-2005, 02:05 PM
:liar: He lost me during the Steeler game last year. But we always have a chance cause were a power running team. :afro: