PDA

View Full Version : Troy Vincent and Fletcher just might stay!!!

X-Era
12-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Listening to Mularkey, he LOVES Fletcher. Hew ent on and on about his approach to the game.

Personally Im on the fence with him. I watched him get dragged for 1st downs by RB's today, miss a big tackle on Dillon in the backfield.

I just wonder about him going forward. But Mularkeys comments certainly are making me rethink my opinion on Fletch. If he has THAT strong of a mentality and leadership, thats a great thing. So, maybe hes back on my keeper list.

As far as Troy goes. He certianly said all the right things today. Hes anothert one that has looked falt out horrible with pathetic tackling and never seeming to make a play. But, he is talking the talk by saying they are playing for Mularkey and that they take responsibility for their play, that Mularkey isnt the one out there on the field.

Could these guys just be saying what we want to hear and then loafing and not playing like they can? maybe.

And, it probably wont matter at least as far as playing for Mularkey unless the reports about Ralph really liking him ARE true and he isnt fired.

I dont know. Maybe a complete gutting of the defense isnt that smart of a thing to do. Maybe Milloy, not Vincent is the odd man out, maybe Posey is gone but not Fletcher.

If TD goes, we get a REAL GM, and we hire a quality OC. Can we survive keeping Mularkey? Might it even be a good thing if these vets are truly like him that much?

The Moulds issues wont be a problem with Mularkey, Moulds is likely gone.

I cant disagree with canning Mularkey but lets not try to say keep Moulds and can Mularkey, because Moulds is probably gone no matter what. And if thats the case, if MUlarkey stays he has no issue with the vets, supposedly, after Moulds leaves.

Thoughts?

ublinkwescore
12-11-2005, 07:40 PM
?

ShadowHawk7
12-11-2005, 09:24 PM
?
Yeah, I don't know JP, Fletch has been our overall best defensive player this year and has a decent shot at a pro bowl. Don't hurt yourself on the fence there, you may be there for awhile.

Speaking of the Pro Bowl, do anyone think anyone at all is going to make it? I'd say Schobel makes it as an alt, Fletch makes it, and Moorman makes it. Thoughts? Man, Willis looked like he was going to make it too, the first 6-8 games of the season..

Lexwhat
12-11-2005, 09:26 PM
McGee is a lock for it at Kick Returner

Willis and Nate might make it just on the basis of their names. Although London deserves it more than any other player on our defense.

Lexwhat
12-11-2005, 09:28 PM
You could make a case for Lindell. But he probally wont. Not with Vinatari being in the AFC.

ogreen44
12-11-2005, 09:31 PM
what about clements, i know hes a free agent at the end of the year, what r the odds he decides to return. If he leaves the secondary will need a superstar replacement. What r anyone thoughts?

Kerr
12-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Fletcher is at his best when he has two big mammoths in front of him helping him out. Right now, he's left with half of that and an average DT. As soon as Pat Williams left town, you could see more of his weakness. I wouldn't be entirely opposed to fletcher coming back, but a mlb for the future needs to be brought in or developed regardless.

Kerr
12-11-2005, 11:03 PM
what about clements, i know hes a free agent at the end of the year, what r the odds he decides to return. If he leaves the secondary will need a superstar replacement. What r anyone thoughts?

Ty Law? Charles Woodson? Both might be too expensive though.

Drive 4 Five
12-11-2005, 11:04 PM
McGee is a lock for it at Kick Returner

Willis and Nate might make it just on the basis of their names. Although London deserves it more than any other player on our defense.

No disrespect Lex but there is no way in ****ing hell that Nate Clements or Willis McGahee make any PB squad; even as third stringers. For what? Running their ****ing mouths all year and then getting embarassed over and over again. Right now, neither of those names mean **** in this league.

Kerr
12-11-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm at odds against Willis. Supposedly he was the real deal coming out of UM, but after a good debut season when he said he was at 85%, he has now regressed when he is supposed to be at 100%. I don't really understand. He has a job to do regardless of the circumstances with the coaches and the state of the team. He has not made anything happen like great rb's are supposed to do. Breakaway speed? It doesn't even fit in. I feel like TD flopped another pick when he chose Mcgahee. At this point, i'd rather have Ricky Williams who has a few years left. He just might win comeback player of the year and he looks like the Ricky of old. His breakaway speed is a lot better than Willis'. I believe he's a free agent after the season, although i've been told he'll stay with the fins as a backup by a fin fan.

onceproudbillsfan
12-11-2005, 11:20 PM
We definently need to keep Fletcher. He is a tackling machine and provides very good leadership. Fletcher, TKO, and Crowell could be the best linebacker trio in the nfl next year.

sba
12-11-2005, 11:28 PM
Fletch is the only guy on this team that plays with any heart at all.

Lexwhat
12-11-2005, 11:51 PM
No disrespect Lex but there is no way in ****ing hell that Nate Clements or Willis McGahee make any PB squad; even as third stringers. For what? Running their ****ing mouths all year and then getting embarassed over and over again. Right now, neither of those names mean **** in this league.

I didn't say they deserve to go. The pro-bowl is a popularity contest. Based on that alone, they may go. You know, like a Ruben Brown type of story.

The_Philster
12-12-2005, 05:07 AM
I didn't say they deserve to go. The pro-bowl is a popularity contest. Based on that alone, they may go. You know, like a Ruben Brown type of story.Thing is...looking back..Ruben deserved most of those trips to Hawaii

casdhf
12-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Fletch is the only guy on this team that plays with any heart at all.

I agree with this 100%. He is our defense right now.

HHURRICANE
12-12-2005, 08:27 AM
I agree with this 100%. He is our defense right now.

And for every tackle he makes he is out of position for something else. I hate this team and he can go on the same bus for all I care!!

gr8slayer
12-12-2005, 09:20 AM
I love having Fletch around and I hope he stays for a long time. Vincent I dont think is anything special. I personally would not mind seeing what Rashad Baker is made of.

justasportsfan
12-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Fletch is no way dominant but he's solid. It all starts up at the front. OUr DL sucks. We need a better DE than Kelsay and Denney. Sam Adams can't do squat either when teams double team him and the other DT can take advantage of 1 OL in his face.