PDA

View Full Version : What positions would we gear for with a Biron trade?

JD
12-12-2005, 02:27 AM
This is an interesting thought brought up on the NHL.com message boards...

"The Sabres are third in their division. If the playoffs started today ( 12-1-05 ) they would be the 6th seed in. All this with the number one goalie, Miller, out for a few weeks.

The question I ask. WHY NOT GET ANOTHER TOP LINE SCORER! My first thought is they prolly don't have the money, or dont have much to give up. Hell, if boston can trade away the face of the franchise, anything can happen.

Take a look at this, Buffalo has a record of 15-2 win they score three or more goals. Not bad, but could be better, and if they could pop in one more goal, at crunch time, their record would be have 6 more wins. Thats six loss's decided by more than one goal. Another point is it seems like the magic number is " 3 " so why not try to get there EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!

Realistic wise, Buffalo wont make any changes, no one expected them to be where they are so from their point tey might be fine and all well off."

I totally agree. Go with a Forward!

SkateZilla
12-12-2005, 02:36 AM
nhl.com has message boards? groovy.,..

JD
12-12-2005, 03:02 AM
Subject - Bruins to win Cup
wernhawk
Date:
12/6/05 6:42 PM
Bruins have started off slow, but are going to come back. They will stun everyone in the Playoffs and win. Oh ya the PATS are going to win also.

HVPOLARBEARS19
Date:
12/7/05 12:51 AM
Subject:
Re: Bruins to win Cup

The Yettis will then come down from the mountains and pillage the countryside....

:rofl:

Bill Brasky
12-12-2005, 10:53 PM
It's a no-brainer... they need a forward.

I'm happy they're doing so well, but they are not scoring a whole lot and sooner or later, the PP goals that have been bailing them out won't be as plentiful.

Their GF and GA are almost the same, usually when that is the case, teams hang around the .500 mark.

This team is a forward away from being a legit contender. Wait til Miller and Mika are 100%, then evaluate and ship one of the three guys we have and maybe package him with someone else to get a top liner here.

Furback
12-13-2005, 01:40 AM
we trade Biron and Jillson for Rob Schremp I know its a pipe dream but there is not a prospect I want more than schremp. For all you idiots on this forum that means Biron and Jillson go to Edmonton.