PDA

View Full Version : New Head Coach

HHURRICANE
12-12-2005, 08:24 AM
Let's be real. We are desparate but let's not roll us under a bus. Mariucci had his shot and I don't want him here. Billick, maybe if we had the right GM behind him. Jimmy Johnson is definately a strong canidate. He evauates personnel well and has 2 Superbowls. His job in Miami was pretty decent, not great, but Parcells went through the same thing in NE. I am throwing one more out there even though he'd be stupid to do it. Pete Carrol. Given another shot at the NFL I think he now has the maturity to be a great coach. Any other ideas?

NJFINSFAN1
12-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Johnson would never come to a cold weather team, he spends all his free time on his boat in the Keys!

I'll give you a name. Maurice Carthon. He is under the Parcells tree, a tough guy, and will be a good coach.

I hope you take Carroll, he is not an NFL coach with his style, he would kill you!

Bufftp
12-12-2005, 08:30 AM
What it takes to be a great headcoach in the NFL is different than what it takes to be a great headcoach in college. In the NFL Carrol won't have the talent advantage.

TacklingDummy
12-12-2005, 08:36 AM
I'd take Carrol over Johnson.

But he be smart to stay at USC until their run is over. A chance at 3 Championships in a row is impressive. Personally I think they were the best team in college 4 years ago and this should be his chance at 4 Championships in a row.

gr8slayer
12-12-2005, 09:13 AM
Somehow I doubt that Jimmy and Pete will be coaching in the NFL next season. Im starting to also doubt that we will have a new HC next season.

If Ralph hasnt fired TD by now, its never going to happen.

Dicknoze69
12-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Kirk Ferentz

Devin
12-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Johnson would never come to a cold weather team, he spends all his free time on his boat in the Keys!

I'll give you a name. Maurice Carthon. He is under the Parcells tree, a tough guy, and will be a good coach.

I hope you take Carroll, he is not an NFL coach with his style, he would kill you!

I think your right, Jimmy Johnson may come in as a GM or something but I dont see him being a coach here. He aint a cold weather guy.

I think a GM is the one position you dont put someone who doesnt have experience. Look at Millen. The biggest knock on him is that he went into that job with absolutley no experience.

ParanoidAndroid
12-12-2005, 11:05 AM
I think JJ would make a very good GM. He definately sees things the way they are and has a nose for defensive talent. That would be ok with me because I wouldn't have to see him on the sidelines and it would be good for him because then he could stay inside out of the cold during games.

Jeff1220
12-12-2005, 11:52 AM
As good a college coach Carroll is, I'd never want him to coach the Bills. He has had two opportunities in the NFL already, and was an utter disgrace. He was soft and had no control of his teams in NE or NY.
JJ as a GM is a pretty good idea. I don't think Ralph would ever go for it. Ralph seems to be the begruding type, and I don't think he'd forget the SBs vs Dallas or the time JJ jumped up and down on the box of Flutie Flakes vs. Miami.
I like the Carthon idea, if the Bills bank yet again, on a coordinator. He is a tough, former-player (and winner) and has the Parcells pedigree (as a player and coach).

onceproudbillsfan
12-12-2005, 12:20 PM
Bring back the one and only MARV LEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eee1776
12-12-2005, 12:38 PM
I hope to god its not Don Capers. Then I'll know we hit rock bottom.

ublinkwescore
12-12-2005, 12:39 PM
If Mariucci wasn't a West Coast Offense guy, I'd be all for him but the WC offense is not what we need up here - it's a complicated O that takes a few years to learn - I don't want JP to be developing any longer then necessary - I want a balanced O, that is unpredictable - shots down field, run at the left, center and right side of the O line, get the TEs involved, and create unfair matchups by lining up your #1 WR in the slot position to encourage LBer coverage on them.

I also want our D to be a bend don't break type that attacks just as often as it plays it safe.

Historian
12-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Ralph would have to pony up some serious bucks to bring any of those guys in here.

He has yet to prove to me that he's willing to do that.

bernielivsey_1
12-12-2005, 12:54 PM
:lmao: I have 3 words for you.....Lou Saban :drool2:

dolphinssuck
12-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Im still wanting Ditika or JJ! JJ does have a good track record mainly in :yucky: and wasnt to bad in Miami:yucky: . But my pick would be MD hes a no nonsense coach who will not be intimidated or pushed around! Hes knowledgeable about football and a good coach to have on the sidelines!:shout:

DaBills
12-12-2005, 07:07 PM
"Ralph would have to pony up some serious bucks to bring any of those guys in here.

He has yet to prove to me that he's willing to do that."

This is the key. Until that happens, we will continue to 'get value in later rounds' and with our coaching picks.

One other possible coach available next year: Dan Reeves. He's talking about wanting to coach again. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

No way I'd take Carroll. I'd freaking take Switzer before I ever took him. If I had to speculate, Ralph will want veteran leadership in the position, and so who that's available fits the bill? It ain't Carroll, or Herm Edwards (if he leaves). Maybe Billick, but the wild card here is, if TD goes, will Ralph consent to also giving up GM duties to a big-time coach or bring one in?

Either way, I think a new staff puts us two years out from contention or a winning record because JP will have to learn a new system.