• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Mularkey Post Game Comments..

On the running game:
    "They were better than us up front. They did a good job of stuffing it and I think our longest run was three yards. That’s not good enough. Not for a team whose identity is running the football, especially after the first time. We knew that they would respond to what happened last time. They did and I give them credit for that."

Wait, we're a running football team? Doesn't that require running the ball, especially on the goal line?

On the need for the Bills to hit passes:
    "We needed to hit some passes to get the rhythm going. That was the biggest key. It also prevented the runs because they had too many guys in the box. If you’re not completing passes when you’re throwing it, the defense is not going to get out (of the box). They didn’t have to the whole game."

but wait....we're a running team.

On if there was any friction in the locker room with Eric:
    “I didn’t have that feel. We had a good week and I don’t think that was as much of a factor as people have made it out to be. I think for some reason we didn’t play as well today and it wasn’t because we weren’t prepared based on the work we had this week.”

Paraphrase: I wanted his ass sitting out the remainder of the season. The team didn't play well because the play calling is horrible, not because the guys weren't prepared.

On how London Fletcher has persevered amidst all the negativity:
    “I think he’s a special player. Not just what he does on the field. He’s a motivating factor the whole week. Regardless of how many tackles he’s had, regardless of what he’s done, he always walks off the field and says, ‘what didn’t I do’ and I think the more guys you get like that, the better the football team you are. He’s that way every week. He’s never satisfied in his play, even as productive as he is. He’s never satisfied. Win or lose, to him it’s, ‘what could I have done better to play better. What could we have done better to play better?’ That’s why he’s beaten the odds when everybody has said he hasn’t been big enough or strong enough. For all those things, he’ll always beat the odds.”

Interperatation: If I had 11 London Fletchers on offense I would look like a friggin' genius.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Mularkey Post Game Comments..

Originally posted by RedEyE
    On the running game:
    I think for some reason we didn’t play as well today and it wasn’t because we weren’t prepared based on the work we had this week.”

the result on the field says otherwise , dumba$$. If the players were physically and mentally ready, then it's your gameplanning that sucked. They were practicing the wrong sheet all week.

For as long as MM is on this team, he will NEVER be able to outcoach anyone in the AFCE. With that being said, if we make it past the division, he's gonna gameplan the wrong way against playoff teams.

Don't waste time, FIRE HIM!!!!
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Re: Mularkey Post Game Comments..

Mularkey makes me sick. I hope he is jobless soon.

Comment

Working...
      X