PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Wayne

gonzo1105
12-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey guys, I noticed Reggie Wayne is a FA after this year and it appears that the Colts will not be able to afford him. He will most likely command a decent sized contract my guess would be somewhere in the 5 year 25-30 million range but I think he would be a hell of a pickup for the Bills. I know we need lineman but I think we should give serious consideration to this guy considering it seems that Eric Moulds is goin to be leaving town. If we can add Wayne and a pro bowl lineman like Hutchinson and some smaller parts and draft well with the lineman. I think we could be well on our way to getting back up to respectibility. I think Evans would compliment Wayne very well and he is just hitting his prime as a WR. Obviously he would be a hot commodity but in today's NFL money talks and right now it doesn't look like the Colts are going to be able to keep him.

Demon
12-12-2005, 10:18 AM
From all i heard and read, Wayne wants to re-sign in Indy and they will be able to sign him up....

RedEyE
12-12-2005, 10:18 AM
When Moulds leaves (notice I said 'when' - he won't be here next season), I'd love to see Wayne in Buffalo. He would be the perfect fit opposite Evans.

Devin
12-12-2005, 10:20 AM
Unfortunatley I believe Indy has a leg up in the Wayne sweepstakes.

RedEyE
12-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Unfortunatley I believe Indy has a leg up in the Wayne sweepstakes.

I've heard that too, but if Indy takes the Super Bowl this season, he may venture elsewhere...just becasue he can. Wishful thinking.

dannyek71
12-12-2005, 10:22 AM
LETS get an OL and DL first!

ParanoidAndroid
12-12-2005, 10:39 AM
I think we should keep trying our luck in the draft with WR's. We need to put our money where the weakness is. OL!!!!

Right now I like Greg Lee from Pitt in rounds 2 or 3, depending on his projection after the combine/pro day workouts. I also like Hank Baskett.

I still really like Ngata and Daryn College as our first 2 picks, but if we can fill one of our holes at DT or OL in FA, then I say grab a WR.

Just when you want him gone, Josh Reed makes a great play. Garbage time or not, that was a really nice run after the catch. We haven't seen anyone do that in a long time.

RedEyE
12-12-2005, 10:44 AM
I think we should keep trying our luck in the draft with ......

Just when you want him gone, Josh Reed makes a great play. Garbage time or not, that was a really nice run after the catch. We haven't seen anyone do that in a long time.

True, but the problem with both Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish is their size. They're undersized and don't have the arm length to pull in the off target football through the middle. Evans is going to stretch the field, but what we need is a tough SOB that can slide through the middle, take a lick but make the snag on occasion as well.

Reed and Roscoe are both outside route guys. They aren't capable of making the plays over the middle in the NFL.

ParanoidAndroid
12-12-2005, 10:57 AM
True, but the problem with both Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish is their size. They're undersized and don't have the arm length to pull in the off target football through the middle. Evans is going to stretch the field, but what we need is a tough SOB that can slide through the middle, take a lick but make the snag on occasion as well.

Reed and Roscoe are both outside route guys. They aren't capable of making the plays over the middle in the NFL.

I disagree on Roscoe. Parrish has already shown us what he can do when he reached behind him and stabbed a rocket out out of the air. He is the type of receiver that can get open on 3rd down and 7+, much like Chrebet did in NY.

Reed on the other hand, has not been good in traffic. That's where all his drops are. Josh is good at finding the soft spot in a zone, which is what he did on that play yeaterday. I'm not saying we have to keep him now, I just wouldn't mind either way.

I think what you are looking for is an athletic TE like Antonio Gates or Jeremy Shockey, and I agree there. We could use one of those. Perhaps Mercdes Lewis would be a nice pick for us, but we might be picking too high for him to be a very good value pick. I guess I'd just wait to see what Everett can do.

Devin
12-12-2005, 10:58 AM
Yeah see many people seem to either not care or not get it.

If Moulds is gone you have Evans. But who else? Reed and Parrish are options, nothing more. They are both easily shutdown.

We will address our line, then what?

Devin
12-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Lets pray Everett comes through nicely.

Samphin1
12-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Well, not to throw a monkey wrench into your plans but, Miami will be looking for extra wide receiver help as well. Reggie Wayne next to Chris Chambers and Marty Booker sounds awful good to me. Plus, Miami is where he went to college I believe so we have that going for us. Not to mention tons of money this offseason.

Samphin1
12-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Well, not to throw a monkey wrench into your plans but, Miami will be looking for extra wide receiver help as well. Reggie Wayne next to Chris Chambers and Marty Booker sounds awful good to me. Plus, Miami is where he went to college I believe so we have that going for us. Not to mention tons of money this offseason.

realdealryan
12-12-2005, 11:47 AM
We can't pass to him effectively unless we can establish a running game (i.e. O-LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

On another note, Indy might not have an easy time with Wayne if they change gears and try to keep James.