PDA

View Full Version : I don't pay attention to College football...

ublinkwescore
12-12-2005, 12:17 PM
but can someone please give me some teams that have some OL and DT talent that I should be paying attention to because they may very well end up in a Bills Uni next year...

I'm particularly interested in this Debrickashaw guy - what team does he play for?

Thanks.

Captain Obvious
12-12-2005, 12:24 PM
but can someone please give me some teams that have some OL and DT talent that I should be paying attention to because they may very well end up in a Bills Uni next year...

I'm particularly interested in this Debrickashaw guy - what team does he play for?

Thanks.

In the championship game between USC and Texas, for the Longhorns pay attention to Jon Scott a OL and Rod Wright a DT both projected to go in the 1st Round. Winston Justice is a RT for USC who might slip to the 2nd Round. I believe D'Brickashaw Ferguson plays the the University of Virginia.

ublinkwescore
12-12-2005, 12:26 PM
when does this USC-Texas game happen?

Captain gameboy
12-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Thanks.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Virginia

6'5/295

Extremely quick feet. I have seen him many times. He is a little light for his height for the NFL, but put on about 30 pounds last year.

Because of his quickness and footwork, very effective at handling speed rushers.

Smart. Great kid.

Played under an NFL coach.

One of the funny things about him is that he was not all that heavily recruited out of high school. So....not being a big name, when he was a sophmore, he was not named to the media all ACC team.

A week later, the ACC coaches named him the best lineman in the conference.

ublinkwescore
12-12-2005, 12:41 PM
sounds good - I'd want him to get to at least 315 at that height though (muscle - not fat like Mike Williams came to camp in Mike Mularkey's first season here).

Captain Obvious
12-12-2005, 12:42 PM
when does this USC-Texas game happen?

The championship game is Wed. Jan.4 at 8:00p.m. D'Brickashaw Ferguson plays Dec.30 at in the Music City bowl. ANother team you might wan to scout is the Miami Hurricanes Dec. 30 at 7:30. Their LT Eric Winston is projected to go between picks 6-12 about where the bills will be picking, so theres a decent chance he might be a bill. Also UM has a DT Orien Harris who is projected to be a mid 2nd Round pick. If he were to slip to the 3rd Round, the bills could grab him and that would be what I consider a good value pick. However, I'm starting to become leery of University of Miami guys.

ublinkwescore
12-12-2005, 12:49 PM
As long as they don't come across as "Me" players, I dont' mind if they can play. But it's gonna cost us some serious green to keep McGahee when his contract expires - especially if we ever get a line for him to run through.

Captain gameboy
12-12-2005, 12:58 PM
As long as they don't come across as "Me" players, I dont' mind if they can play. But it's gonna cost us some serious green to keep McGahee when his contract expires - especially if we ever get a line for him to run through.

If you don't want a me player, Brick is your guy.
He is absolutely the nicest, most mature kid you could meet.

Regarding the weight thing, there is some chat about him getting over 300 and keeping his speed.

I would enjoy seeing him against Freeney, or any other speed rusher right now.

ublinkwescore
12-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Just put him on a powertraining routine with Cytosport fast twitch - he'll pull it off in no time and keep his speed. I don't think this stuff is on the NFL performance substance banned list.

I'm adding 5lbs to my bench press rep weight almost every workout - prior to this stuff it was taking me like 3 workouts (9 days since I work out every third day - today I worked out, I won't lift again until thursday) before I'd add that extra 5 lbs.