PDA

View Full Version : **** Sidney Crosby

Mr.Reality
12-12-2005, 05:03 PM
All I've been reading in the papers is about how Sidney Crosby is coming to town, which is kind of suprising, because you'd think Detroit would be used to big stars by now. But damn, the hype is heavy. Sidney Crosby mania; and I could see it if they were going around kicking everybody's ass. But they have one of the worst records in the league.

I understand the guy's good and all, but c'mon. He's like a 10 million dollar hood ornament on a Yugo. Who cares? Well, scratch that. I'm kind of interested now. All of a sudden I hope Maltby drills him into a wall. All of a sudden I wanna see what he can do with Datsyuk. All of a sudden I'm gonna laugh when he gets his first taste of Lidstrom, and when Chelios calls him a homo a few times.

Take your little star back to Pittsburgh for the playoffs, punk. If you're lucky you'll be able to escape in four or five years to the Red Wings.

Crisis
12-12-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm tired of the Ovechkin vs Crosby arguments everywhere.

pyrrhonist
12-12-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm tired of the Ovechkin vs Crosby arguments everywhere.

Me too....

Especially since I prefer Ovechkin over Crosby. :peace:

Ovechkin is a pure goal scorer, while Crosby is the playmaker. It's not fair to piss on either, though, since both are playing for crap ass teams. I remember when Pittsburgh thought Crosby was the next Mario Lemieux, and surrounded him with supposed goal scorers---Oops. :funny: :funny:

hammerbillsfan
12-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Come to Canada, you have no idea. :mounty:

Mr.Reality
12-12-2005, 11:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=251212005

Sidney, meet Henrik and Nick.

JD
12-12-2005, 11:20 PM
whoaaaa zetterburg looks like ryan miller!
http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/nhl/profiles/players/2503.jpg
http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/nhl/profiles/players/2637.jpg

Mr.Reality
12-12-2005, 11:40 PM
He looks like the Nick Nolte teen years.
http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/nhl/profiles/players/2503.jpg
http://www.mugshots.net/nick_nolte/nick_nolte.jpg

JD
12-13-2005, 12:52 AM
:lmao:

Furback
12-13-2005, 01:23 AM
Mr reality your a dumb ****... Crosby has done great 31 points as an 18 year old not bad. lets put it in prespective at year end he will still be 18 and if he leads pitt in scoring he will be the only 18 year old at seasons end in NHL history to lead his team in scoring.

JD
12-13-2005, 01:24 AM
great first post furback :posrep:

Myers57
12-13-2005, 01:27 AM
yo that kid is younger than i am, thats ridankulous

JD
12-13-2005, 01:29 AM
same here, i bet i could beat his ass

SkateZilla
12-13-2005, 04:03 AM
Crosby and Ovheckin play on crap teams, they get all teh time time on PP and Ev STR, they get all teh oppurtunities, and they lead their team in scoring but an unsirmountable margin,

Vanek, Svatos and Steen, and Even Boyes, all play with other players that are putting up points,

Once teams get over Crosby Fever and start containing him, these teams will actually start gettign better, the less Crosby and Ovheckin Score the more the rest of the team has to wake the F Up and score and the more the team wakes up the better they play and the 2 super rookies will taper off...

Svatos Reminds me of Kotalik his Rookie Year, Vanek would be up there in goals, he's hit like 12 post in the first 4 games alone.....

lets hope the Min Game Sparked him some...

If Lindy would Take Vanek outta the Dog house and Give him teh Ice Time, He'd score more... the problem is vanek is not a defensive player, he doesnt cover, he's always trying to release into the neuatral zone leaving opponent with a wide open wing to tip in past the goalie.. thats why he's getting crap ice time in close situations..

Makaveli
12-14-2005, 08:10 AM
to anyone putting Crosby down... I'm not a huge fan of Sidney either but I am rootin for him to do good, but everyone has to realize that Crosby is not the one whos building himself up, its the media that blows everything out of proportion, Crosby didnt call it "his" penguins, the media did, so dont be like "**** Sidney Crosby", he's out there trying his best and he has a LOT, and I mean A LOT of pressure just because of what the media has done with his image!

Pride
12-14-2005, 09:22 AM
I am not a huge hockey fan....

But what hockey needs right now is a superstar! They need their Michael Jordan... their Peyton Manning... Their Derek Jeter.

Crosby might just be it... Hockey fans should embrace him... support him... and hope that he helps brings the fans back!

lordofgun
12-14-2005, 09:41 AM
Crosby is gonna be amazing if he can ever figure out how to stop turning the puck over in his own zone/the neutral zone.

He almost single-handedly cost them the game last night against the wings.

BironsGirl43
12-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Sidney is really good.. There's a ton of hype.. but that's not his fault. He tries to play it off. He's got a really good head on shoulders. If you've ever actually talked to him about hockey or anything.. you'd see he's very smart and down to earth. He appreciates everything and doesn't take it for granted at all.

fushetti
12-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Their Derek Jeter.

Derek Jeter's a homo

JD
12-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Derek Jeter's a homo
:posrep: