PDA

View Full Version : Hell Yeah!!!!

Drewpac
08-09-2002, 06:42 PM
I like the way this year is gonna turn out already. Bledsoe is the man!!!

shelby
08-09-2002, 06:53 PM
i agree!!! :hail:
the first of many times we will hear "Bledsoe to Moulds..."
i am so ready for some football!
:gobills:

RedEyE
08-09-2002, 07:18 PM
......and now Bledsoe to Price - Offense looks sound. The Defense needs to step it up.

Shiny Chicken
08-09-2002, 07:19 PM
Didn't it sound nice to hear Van counting down the yarage after EMo caught the ball??? :D

shelby
08-09-2002, 07:20 PM
Red you never said hello to me...did i upset you in some way?
:sadwalk:

RedEyE
08-09-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by shelby
Red you never said hello to me...did i upset you in some way?
:sadwalk:

Not on your worst day - check your PM ;)

shelby
08-09-2002, 08:02 PM
;) bad@$$....

WG
08-09-2002, 09:33 PM
Somebody tell me about this INT at the Bengal 10!!!

That's the kind of stuff that's gonna lose us games that Drew is known for. I hate to bring it up now, but those are key INTs.

I guess I'm hopin' it was tipped by the WR after tripping up or something like that and not simply one of Drew's customary ill-timed errors.

Besides, some of you are talking as if the Bengals have Philly's secondary! I know they're not awful, but they certainly aren't good either. We should be able to pass against the Bungles. We should also be able to run against them and apparently, according to the box that's up on ESPN, we couldn't even come close to running the ball.

That had better change in a hurry. We are not gonna win many games w/ the other team playing ball-control and rushing for 200 yards while we rely on Drew to pass our way to wins.

I didn't see the game b/c the bumbling Bills bar that I went to lied to me about having the game. But by the boxscore, I'm concerned. Highly!

WG
08-09-2002, 09:35 PM
The Bengals had 181 yards rushing w/ a couple of no name RBs!

We're hurtin' against Dillon, Tomlinson, Williams, Martin, Green, Thomas, Holmes, and Smith if we can't stop a couple of guys name Rudi Johnson and Curtis Keaton, probably both fighting for jobs!!!

RedEyE
08-09-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

That's the kind of stuff that's gonna lose us games that Drew is known for. I hate to bring it up now, but those are key INTs.

I guess I'm hopin' it was tipped by the WR after tripping up or something like that and not simply one of Drew's customary ill-timed errors.

Besides, some of you are talking as if the Bengals have Philly's secondary! I know they're not awful, but they certainly aren't good either. We should be able to pass against the Bungles. We should also be able to run against them and apparently, according to the box that's up on ESPN, we couldn't even come close to running the ball.

That had better change in a hurry. We are not gonna win many games w/ the other team playing ball-control and rushing for 200 yards while we rely on Drew to pass our way to wins.

I didn't see the game b/c the bumbling Bills bar that I went to lied to me about having the game. But by the boxscore, I'm concerned. Highly!

I saw the play Wys - it was a fluke! It looked as if Burriss had blown coverage on his man (sound familiar?) and was positioned at the wrong place at the right time . Bledsoe COULD have put more of an arch on the ball and would have had an easy TD. Crazy mistake - no one was as suprised as JBuriss. Also, it was obvious that Williams was concentrating on timing tonight. You have to expect mistakes to be made when guys are still trying to feel each other out. In all, the Bledsoe, Moulds, Price, and Reed power punch looked great.

RedEyE
08-09-2002, 09:43 PM
The Bengals had 181 yards rushing w/ a couple of no name RBs!

We're hurtin' against Dillon, Tomlinson, Williams, Martin, Green, Thomas, Holmes, and Smith if we can't stop a couple of guys name Rudi Johnson and Curtis Keaton, probably both fighting for jobs!!!
The D looked like **** - hot steamy dog ****! I couldn't imagine the running totals if C Dillion had been in the game tonight.

shelby
08-09-2002, 09:44 PM
:eek:
how will GW clean up this mess?

LVGrown
08-09-2002, 09:48 PM
how will GW clean up the mess???? he will have three more games and several more practices ... everyone chill we still have a few weeks to go!!!!!

Erin

WG
08-09-2002, 09:57 PM
"In all, the Bledsoe, Moulds, Price, and Reed power punch looked great."

I saw, in the PbP, 1 drive where that was the case. After that, on another drive I saw 1 nice catch by Moulds; and on another drive, the second TD drive set up by our STs, I saw one nice catch by Reed and another by Price to essentially be all the O on that drive.

That's it. It was all primarily on that first drive.

3 weeks isn't beans! If our starters are getting significant time in the last PS game, then something's wrong...

WG
08-09-2002, 09:58 PM
Look for Curtis Martin to have a 200 yard day in week 1.

My worst fears are materializing...

No DT, no rush D. I sure hope Drew's ready to score on every other drive!

WG
08-09-2002, 09:58 PM
At least Minnesota's D sucks! If that isn't the cure for what ails us, I don't know what will be.

mchurchfie
08-09-2002, 11:52 PM

I full agree with you on the defense...they could be in for a long year if they can't STOP the RUN better than they did tonight. As far as Drew Bledsoe, you need to get your glasses checked and cleaned...NEWSFLASH WYS!!! Drew was 9-of-11 for 136 yards, threw two touchdowns and was intercepted once, what more do you want from him??!!....he looked very, very, good out there and showed something out there that we haven't seen in a QB in a long, long, time!! Quit grabbing at every little weak thing about him and putting a negative spin on it to support your weak theory that he is the wrong QB for our team. You must have gone crazy everytime Kelly threw one up for grabs....geez!!

Dozerdog
08-10-2002, 07:01 AM
Wys-

Stop jumping out of the window after every mistake. Thank god you live in a 1 story dwelling!

The Undertaker #59
08-10-2002, 07:28 AM
If Bledsoe always throws for twice as many TDs as interceptions, he'll be fine...

Sabre Ally
08-10-2002, 04:05 PM
Wys, I wish you could have been there to see that pass Drew floated over 4 defenders into Price's hands in the EZ. It was pure beauty.

lordofgun
08-11-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by The Undertaker #59
If Bledsoe always throws for twice as many TDs as interceptions, he'll be fine...

Good point! :up:

WG
08-12-2002, 12:13 AM
Yeah, if! It would also be the first time in his career that he does.

church,

I hear ya, but you also have to remember who we played. According to what I read, Cincy's coverage was atrocious, with their first team in! Clearly that isn't gonna be the case each and every week.

I want Drew to succeed as much as the next guy, but I'm tellin' ya now, if we cannot get a rush going, then his play is gonna suffer something fierce. We passed 65% of the plays w/ Drew in there. What do you think the chances of that happening are during the RS? If it were to happen, what do you think the chances of success would be of us being productive like that?

The reason why I'm so adamant about getting our running game going is that I don't think Henry did all that last year and has much to prove. The fact that he's not, tells me he's either not putting forth the effort b/c he thinks he's a lock to start, or he's simply not that good. W/ the team passing the way it was on Friday, why couldn't we generate some rushing yards. Other than 1 7 yard gain, Henry netted only 4 yards on 6 other carries.

That has me concerned for now. It's not like Henry finished out the year lighting it up vs. great teams.

I'll start bragging when we're 3-1 for real and don't merely have some "good stats" in a game where the two biggest problems could very well define our entire season.

I'd be equally concerned if I were you. Drew's not gonna fare well if Henry plays like he did last year. He needs the running game to be strong to provide some much needed balance. Opposing coaches aren't stupid such that they wouldn't simply defend our passing game and run the ball right up our middle when they have the ball.

That's a recipe for disaster for us regardless of what camp reports are and regardless of how one drive went in the 1st Q.

I believe you that Drew was awesome. The question is how awesome will he be w/o a running game and vs. teams who don't have bumbling CBs and DBs. Friday night was not a tough matchup. Meanwhile, take a good look at our schedule, it's chock full of tough matchups.

I'll give Henry this game vs. Minnesota. They sucked last year defending the run and while they're somewhat improved, they're still not the S.D. run-stuffing D of the '90s. Henry ought to be able to do a little something if he's worth anything. But it's time for all the talk about Henry to end. Either he starts putting up or we give Bryson the ball. JMO. ;)