X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MOULDSROCKS
    • Jun 2005

Pete Carol as coach????

What do you all think about the idea of pete carol of USC being the gm and coach of the bills? he says he will only leave USC if he can have complete control (ala Saban in Miami). do you think it would be a good decision to give him the reigns??
    i am also known as "super moderator" at the buffalorange.com site!!
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Re: Pete Carol as coach????

Stop it right now and don't ever bring it up again.

That, and he said on the radio this week he will not interview with any job outside USC. He wants to leverage himself to get the same deal (or more) than what Weis has at Notre Dame, with the deal length ($3.5 million a year -- 10 years).

Jon

Comment

• MOULDSROCKS
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
      Stop it right now and don't ever bring it up again.

That, and he said on the radio this week he will not interview with any job outside USC. He wants to leverage himself to get the same deal (or more) than what Weis has at Notre Dame, with the deal length ($3.5 million a year -- 10 years).

Jon
      mud,
      evidently you need to update your browser every now and then. look on the ESPN web site today and you will find the following:

"Coach Pete Carroll said earlier this week he would not interview for jobs outside of USC this year.
      But it turns out there might be some wiggle room in that decision.
      ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Sunday that Carroll's representatives are sending out feelers for NFL jobs that would give the Trojans' coach control of football operations and $6 million a year."

that said, do you have an opinion??

moulds

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

It's easy for Carroll to do well at USC..all that talent..it'd be a lot tougher to bring in that talent at the pro level
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

I live in Los Angeles. He has people putting feelers out but will not interview. He is positioning himself to make $3.5 million a year for the next ten years, same as Weis at Notre Dame.

That being said, would you hire Pete Carroll for $6 million a year and give him control of football operations? Great recruiter and rah rah guy for USC, but wasn't a great NFL coach. Don't know why it would improve, or why he would change scenery.

It's all about money. He just wants USC to pay him similar to Weis.

BTW, I am a UCLA fan, so I'd like to see him go (although not to Buffalo).

Jon

Comment

• DaBills
            • Sep 2004

no way.
            “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• MOULDSROCKS
              • Jun 2005

i wouldnt want him in Buffalo. i thought he was terrible last time around and i think he is a classless act. i was just getting a feel for everyone out there and how they felt

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

I don't like the guy, but I don't know if I would call him a classless act. Nevertheless, we're in agreement, I want him to stay away from Buffalo.

Jon

Comment

• DynaPaul
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
                  What do you all think about the idea of pete carol of USC being the gm and coach of the bills? he says he will only leave USC if he can have complete control (ala Saban in Miami). do you think it would be a good decision to give him the reigns??

Pete Carroll is a buffoon and has already proven that he CANNOT coach at an NFL level.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                    • Apr 2005

I don't know if carroll would be the best choice or not ....but I remember a guy who coached in K.C. and sucked...... then ended up in Buffalo to do pretty damn well ! I wonder how many here would have booed Marv out of Buffalo based on his record in K.C. ?????? Just a thought!!!!! So I won't base my decision on Carroll because of his time in New England.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Bmax
                      • Aug 2003

Won't happen bad blood between carroll and wilson going back to his days as a secondary coach for the bills under kay stephenson.

Wilson fired stephenson and carroll was let go also... Carroll never forgive wilson and when he was named head coach of the jets he remembered.. In first game as head coach HE FACED THE BILLS WHO POUNDED JIM KELLY AND LT JERRY CONDO CRAFTS..

That season the bills missed the playoffs....Well after the game carroll sprints up the tunnel all excited yelling . and runs up to ralph and screams in his face .. See i told you you never should have fired me...Something to that effect...

Ralph hasn't forgotten ..... Trust me !!!!!!

Go Bills

Bmax

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

Carrol sucks as an NFL coach. his style and dameanor is made for the college game.

Comment

Working...
                        X