PDA

View Full Version : Take this rumor for what you will

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-12-2005, 08:43 PM
I don't usually like to post garbage like rumors, but I was told a name to remember is
Bobby DePaul.

Devin
12-12-2005, 08:44 PM
anything else or just the name?

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-12-2005, 08:46 PM
I heard possible GM.

clumping platelets
12-12-2005, 08:50 PM
That rumor has been on PFT for about a week

Bill Brasky
12-12-2005, 08:59 PM
this is nothing new

bills&sabresmvf
12-12-2005, 09:14 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-0512080258dec08,1,3575741.story?coll=chi-sportsbears-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

DynaPaul
12-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Old!

Devin
12-12-2005, 09:19 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-0512080258dec08,1,3575741.story?coll=chi-sportsbears-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

Post the article, the link you posted said you have to register.

bills&sabresmvf
12-12-2005, 09:20 PM
I clicked on the link and it goes to the article. I'm not sure what I have to do. Help me out...

EricStratton
12-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Post the article, the link you posted said you have to register.

Rumor mill

Bobby DePaul, the Bears' director of pro personnel, is being mentioned as a possible candidate for the general manager's job if Buffalo fires Tom Donahoe.

DePaul has been one of the chief architects on general manager Jerry Angelo's staff. No team has asked permission to talk to DePaul.

"When you get good people, you don't want them to leave," Angelo said. "But there's the other side of things and he is certainly deserving of a shot."

DePaul has coached with Richie Petitbon on Joe Gibbs' staff in Washington and worked in Philadelphia when the Eagles went to four straight NFC championship games.

"There have been some things that have come up [in the past]," Angelo said. "He has done such a tremendous job for us. It's not surprising."

This is the only part that matters

Devin
12-12-2005, 09:36 PM
Thanks ES.

He would be a solid canidate I think. I dont know much about the GM position but Philly and Chicago both have decent lines.

ddaryl
12-13-2005, 07:12 AM
Heck call up Bozo the Clown. He's bound to be a better GM then the Bozo we have now.

And to think I blindly defended TD up until week 6 of 2005. I'm so ashamed

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-13-2005, 07:25 AM
Sorry, I was told this by someone I know. He must have read the same thing.

EricStratton
12-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Don’t forget, he had a hand in drafting Rex Grossman and Cedric Benson, both early first round question marks.

The King
12-13-2005, 07:39 AM
Sorry, I was told this by someone I know. He must have read the same thing.

You should be dragged outside and shot...

TigerJ
12-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Remember this name: George Standish

No, he's not a candidate for GM of coach or anything like that. It's just a name you could remember if you like to remember names.

justasportsfan
12-13-2005, 08:13 AM
Chicago tribune might've picked up the rumor from PFT as well.

Gunzlingr
12-13-2005, 08:14 AM
Remember this name: George Standish

No, he's not a candidate for GM of coach or anything like that. It's just a name you could remember if you like to remember names.

:rofl:

Any relation to Miles?

ratso
12-13-2005, 09:14 AM
What?

Any guy who has to do with talent evaluation on the Bears should be locked away with TD. I live in Chicago. Lets examine the moves this idiot has made.

1.) Ruben Brown. We all know he is washed up and this guy gave him a huge contract to play a quarter of the season like he did when he was with Buffalo. This was after they did everytthing they could to keep Villarial. I will repeat that statement-THEY DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO KEEP VILLARIAL. What does that tell you about his talent evaluation skills?

2) Cedric Benson. He goes out and gets a nice free agent in Thomas Jones and instead of getting O line help or another WR he decides to take another running back who said he didnt want to come here, had baggage and promptly decided to holdout. Turns out they didnt need him anyway.The first thing every team takes away is Muhammad leaving Orton to choose from Justin Gage, Brendan Berrian, and Desmond Clark with Ruben Brown protecting his blind side that is when he is not our with a chest contusion?????? What kind of injury is that?. Now you see why Kyle Orton isnt your first fantasy league choice.

3) This guy pulled off the fantastic move of bringing one Kordell Stewart to Chicago and thowing all kinds of jack at him-Enough said. We all know what happens when you take Pittsburgh retreads. Jake Plummer wanted to come here that year and said as much

4) They have put their future in a QB that was benched his senior season at Florida. Losman has more upside than Grossman and no one around here thinks any different.

He had one nice draft when he got Alex Brown and Tillman. Two studs. Other than that this guy is an idiot. All the rest were here when he got here and he has not done one thing to improve this offense since Juron was fired.

dannyek71
12-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Id rather have someone from a better program than the bears

BillsFever21
12-13-2005, 09:48 AM
What?

Any guy who has to do with talent evaluation on the Bears should be locked away with TD. I live in Chicago. Lets examine the moves this idiot has made.

1.) Ruben Brown. We all know he is washed up and this guy gave him a huge contract to play a quarter of the season like he did when he was with Buffalo. This was after they did everytthing they could to keep Villarial. I will repeat that statement-THEY DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO KEEP VILLARIAL. What does that tell you about his talent evaluation skills?

2) Cedric Benson. He goes out and gets a nice free agent in Thomas Jones and instead of getting O line help or another WR he decides to take another running back who said he didnt want to come here, had baggage and promptly decided to holdout. Turns out they didnt need him anyway.The first thing every team takes away is Muhammad leaving Orton to choose from Justin Gage, Brendan Berrian, and Desmond Clark with Ruben Brown protecting his blind side that is when he is not our with a chest contusion?????? What kind of injury is that?. Now you see why Kyle Orton isnt your first fantasy league choice.

3) This guy pulled off the fantastic move of bringing one Kordell Stewart to Chicago and thowing all kinds of jack at him-Enough said. We all know what happens when you take Pittsburgh retreads. Jake Plummer wanted to come here that year and said as much

4) They have put their future in a QB that was benched his senior season at Florida. Losman has more upside than Grossman and no one around here thinks any different.

He had one nice draft when he got Alex Brown and Tillman. Two studs. Other than that this guy is an idiot. All the rest were here when he got here and he has not done one thing to improve this offense since Juron was fired.

Good post and down to earth. What a breath of fresh air. We don't get very much of that around here.

bledslow
12-13-2005, 02:07 PM
i dont have a rumor,but i do have a prediction.
according to espn (jan 10 2009) bobby depaul has been fired as GM of the buffalo bills after 3 straight consecutive years of 6-10 records.
in all seriousness,this HAS to be td's last season in buf after making r_e_t_a_r_d pic after r_e_t_a_r_d pic in the draft.a half decent gm would have buf in second place. but never in first as long as belichick and pioli are in charge in n.e