X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinj22
    • Feb 2005

How about packaging Willis and 1 for Bush

Do you think that we could afford to do it and would San Fran go for it? Most teams with the first pick are looking to move down and I can't say that this will happen but it's not a bad thought.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: How about packaging Willis and 1 for Bush

It would probably take a little more.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Bush would be awesome behind Buffalo's O-line.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by kevinj22
        Do you think that we could afford to do it and would San Fran go for it? Most teams with the first pick are looking to move down and I can't say that this will happen but it's not a bad thought.
        We will probably get the 5th choice in the draft anyways, it might fly.

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

Bush is widely regarded as one of those "once in a decade" type talents. Not only is he going to cost a fortune (rightfully so) but to trade for him will probably require this years 1st/Willis perhaps even E-Mo and it wouldnt shock me if it required next years 1st.

All that being said Bush would be great and all in a Bills uniform. Ultimatley just depends how bad ya want him.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• PhinFan99
            • Jan 2005

I'm a dolphin fan, but if i was a bills fan i personally wouldnt do it. you guys have holes to fill and willis isnt the reason you are losing. Sounds like something TD would do.

Comment

• DaBills
              • Sep 2004

I HATE agreeing with a dolphin fan, but... I say no, don't do it. We keep getting lured into the need for a playmaker. Even I want a monster DE, but the team keeps failing to build the OL. What good is another RB, or a dif. QB, if they have no protection. Damn!! Doesn't Kent Hull have a kid coming out of college next year? I wish.

;-p
              “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

Please no.

This team has too many holes elsewhere.

Detroit had Barry Sanders for how many years? How many times did they make the playoffs?

Of course I'm not saying he was the reason they didn't make it. What I'm saying is that a supersar RB is not necessary.

We need to round out this team with talent on the lines, speed on defense, and a big, physical, go-to receiver. We need every pick we can get and we don't need to pay through the nose for probably the most expensive rookie ever.

Thank goodness there is no way the Bills will do that.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

Im against a trade, but if you trade Willis and slap clements with the tag then maybe someone will bite on that, but no one is going to give up bush.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

I would love for us to trade Willis, and it would not take more then Willis and a swap of picks to get this trade done, that is if SF wants out of the 1st pick. SF could save a ton of cash, and get a talented RB with Pro experience on top of maintaining a high 1st rd draft pick.

I lost what respect I did have for Willis this season. He has a tiny heart IMO, and chooses not to keep his mouth shut and let his play do the talking. I will never be able to get behind a player like Willis, and unless he completely changes his personality I won't.

However trading away Willis and using our 1st rd pick on another RB does not help the Bills as much as keeping Willis and drafting a DT, DE or OT.

Comment

• dolphinssuck
                      • Dec 2005

We dont need to get rid of WM we need to improve the line! Its unfair to blast WM about performance when the line is incapable of creating holes for hime to get through! BTW in my opinion Bush is great in college but the pro game is totally different and I wouldnt be so quick to say hes gonna be great!

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kevinj22
                        I already proposed this so yeah, Im for it.

Willis and the 5th, 6th, or 7th (depends upon where we end up) would get it done. Hell Id even through in a 4th, around here, day 2 picks have turned out to be useless.

Besides, I seriously think we can get a stud OT in round 2 considering thats the place to get one. I donts ee anyone being there or worthy of our aforementioned likely pick.

Theres many manty reasons I like Bush a hell of alot more than McGahee. AND, Im pretty sure the Rams and Colts and made a trade like this so that Indy could get Edge.

Woops, not the same:

The Colts traded Faulk to the Rams for a 2nd and 5th rounder. But then, with the 4th pick, the Colts drafted Edge. Its similar. McGahee isnt Faulk, who at that time was considered the best RB in the game by many. And Bush is a BETTER prospect than Edge. So, thats why I like this trade. Let SF or Hou deal with McGahee and his contract, we can get a guy who is the next Barry.

SF gets a proven RB, we get a potential superstar with the better moves (nice thing to have when your o-line sucks, ask Det who STILL got production out of Barry). They then drop to our slot and still get a top defensive player which they need help at as well. 2 for the price of a 1 so to speak as far as they are concerned.

We get a superstar potential RB, in round 2 still get a bigtime OT prospect at a lower price.

I like it. Besides, do you really want the Jets to trade up and get him?

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                          Bush is widely regarded as one of those "once in a decade" type talents. Not only is he going to cost a fortune (rightfully so) but to trade for him will probably require this years 1st/Willis perhaps even E-Mo and it wouldnt shock me if it required next years 1st.

All that being said Bush would be great and all in a Bills uniform. Ultimatley just depends how bad ya want him.
                          Seriously, you have lost your mind on this. Bush hasnt played a down yet. He is the best prospect at RB in a decade, but Willis is no slouch and SF or Hou need help in alot of places. They would make this trade and wont even remotely cost what you think it would.

Love ya, but your out there on this one.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
                            I already proposed this so yeah, Im for it.

Willis and the 5th, 6th, or 7th (depends upon where we end up) would get it done. Hell Id even through in a 4th, around here, day 2 picks have turned out to be useless.

Besides, I seriously think we can get a stud OT in round 2 considering thats the place to get one. I donts ee anyone being there or worthy of our aforementioned likely pick.

Theres many manty reasons I like Bush a hell of alot more than McGahee. AND, Im pretty sure the Rams and Colts and made a trade like this so that Indy could get Edge.

Woops, not the same:

The Colts traded Faulk to the Rams for a 2nd and 5th rounder. But then, with the 4th pick, the Colts drafted Edge. Its similar. McGahee isnt Faulk, who at that time was considered the best RB in the game by many. And Bush is a BETTER prospect than Edge. So, thats why I like this trade. Let SF or Hou deal with McGahee and his contract, we can get a guy who is the next Barry.

SF gets a proven RB, we get a potential superstar with the better moves (nice thing to have when your o-line sucks, ask Det who STILL got production out of Barry). They then drop to our slot and still get a top defensive player which they need help at as well. 2 for the price of a 1 so to speak as far as they are concerned.

We get a superstar potential RB, in round 2 still get a bigtime OT prospect at a lower price.

I like it. Besides, do you really want the Jets to trade up and get him?
                            No we don't want them to have him. I think your right, we need a great back like Bush. We would still have an early 2nd round pick and two earlier-3rd round picks (1 via the titans who should end up around us in draft order). We can pick up a few people there and we can go on the Free agent hunt for proven studs for the lines as well. We should have alot of spending room via EM / Big Mike / and a few others leaving. Let's use that money toward proven vets not complainer's & useless people.

I'm all for it and it will fill the stands next year.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              I would love for us to trade Willis, and it would not take more then Willis and a swap of picks to get this trade done, that is if SF wants out of the 1st pick. SF could save a ton of cash, and get a talented RB with Pro experience on top of maintaining a high 1st rd draft pick.

I lost what respect I did have for Willis this season. He has a tiny heart IMO, and chooses not to keep his mouth shut and let his play do the talking. I will never be able to get behind a player like Willis, and unless he completely changes his personality I won't.

However trading away Willis and using our 1st rd pick on another RB does not help the Bills as much as keeping Willis and drafting a DT, DE or OT.
                              I agree with your concept and its accurate. But, there is another route that may work out even better:

1) There is NO OT prospect worth the 5 pick beside Ferguson and he will be gone. In fact the place to be would be the late 1st or early 2nd, where we are anyways. There will be lots of OT's there and we can get a great OT prospect right there. So, we can pull the trade AND upgrade our o-line still. In fact, Bush's athleticism will keep him getting yards even with our o-line, something that Willis hasnt done. So really we get better at BOTH by making this move.

2) Now, the other positions we need would be losing out by making this trade. But, there arent really any sure fire picks where we sit anyways at our top need positions, CB (if Clements leaves), DT, and I dont think DE is a top need. The only CB worthy of that spot as of right now is Jimmy Williams. However, many feel he is better suited to play S, do we really spend that high of a pick on a S? He would be a downgrade to Clements, but certainly a very good player, but also a risk. At DT, Ngata is the only guy worthy of that high of a pick and he is liekly to not be there, IMO. His stock has gone through the roof and he could easily go to GB, NO, or Cle. Yes, if Ngata dropped he would be a great pick for sure. But, you stay with a RB that didnt show up in big games this year, hoping that we can upgrade the line enough that suddenly he will light a fire and become a gamebreaker or do you get a guy who can STILL make plays when the o-line breaks donw AND upgrade the o-line?

To me, its risky,but has a much better possibility of reward if we make this trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X