PDA

View Full Version : LeCharles Bentley

jdbillsfan
12-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Buffalo needs to sign this future free agent C. He is manhandling the falcons DL.

Teague sucks and always gets pushed back by bigger and stronger DT's. I am also not convinced Duke Preston is the answer.

Get Bently and finally solidify the middle.

Move Mike Williams to RG, since he knows the right side. Hopefully he restructures or takes a cut.

Trade Denver for their two number 1's. Draft a DT and then LG Max Jean Giles from Georgia.

Gandy can stay for now, so Gandy, Max Jean-Giles, Bentley, M Williams, Peters.

What do you guys think?

Lexwhat
12-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Buffalo needs to sign this future free agent C. He is manhandling the falcons DL.

Teague sucks and always gets pushed back by bigger and stronger DT's. I am also not convinced Duke Preston is the answer.

Move Mike Williams to RG, since he knows the right side. Hopefully he restructures or takes a cut.

Trade Denver for their two number 1's. Draft a DT and then LG Max Jean Giles from Georgia.

What do you guys think?

I've been saying his name for a while now. I would love to see him here. I'm surprised New Orleans isn't re-signing him. Or maybe they are and I just dont know it?

Devin
12-12-2005, 10:32 PM

What do you guys think?

Trade Denver What?

Id like to see Bentley here. We will see.

Bill Brasky
12-12-2005, 10:41 PM
As much as I'd love it... Buffalo cannot get Hutchinson... but I honestly beleive that Buffalo can make a serious push to get Bentley... he is a monster... plus he can play G or C... and we need to fill both spots!

He will be a FA... I don't know if NO tries to re-sign him, but Buffalo should make this guy priority #1 in their rebuilding process of the OL.

ParanoidAndroid
12-13-2005, 12:45 AM
I like the idea of grabbing Bentley.

It's fun to speculate, but Denver would be nuts to trade up this year.

Perhaps Davin Joseph will be a guy to look at later on day 1 if you want a guard. I would rather go after a true left tackle which would allow Gandy to slide in and play left guard. One 2nd round candidate is Daryn Colledge. This is assuming Williams is back and can stay healthy enough to beat out Villarreal for that job...

Colledge?-Gandy-Bentley-Williams-Peters

This line would be nasty up the middle.

Bill Brasky
12-13-2005, 01:32 AM
I like the idea of grabbing Bentley.

Perhaps Davin Joseph will be a guy to look at later on day 1 if you want a guard.

I like this guy's train of thought :up:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=87624

Bmax
12-13-2005, 01:57 AM
Bentley is from cleveland...played at the ohio st university....Why aren't the saints resigning him ? Say what ? Who could they resign in their current situation...That franchise is in a state of turmoil...

1. no place to play for 2006-maybe san antino maybe.. baton rouge...superdome for a couple games...

2. The city is still in shambles.....half the population is still gone and may not come back

3. most schools are still not open ....

4. Ownership on shaky financial ground.. with repairs and uncertainty..

5. coach maybe fired ...

This all equals most of their free agents are packed and ready to go as we speak...

No way if you are a agent are going to tell your guy to stay in that mess..

I can't see the saints franchising him either..but it is possible...i doubt it ...

Bentley could be cleveland bound ...along with nate clements who is also from cleveland .. just a hunch pure speculation ...

Bmax

Go bills

ddaryl
12-13-2005, 03:59 AM
We better be recruiting / courting every top FA DL and OL on the market IMO.

Heck we will need a top WR to help replace Moulds.

LtFinFan66
12-13-2005, 04:23 AM
He is a grad of THE Ohio State University. That is all!

Tatonka
12-13-2005, 06:56 AM
did you guys actually watch last nights game? bentley got just absolutely owned last night on passing downs.. so much so that he gave up 2 sacks back to back in the second half.. the second one caused a safety.

i dont mean that he slipped and the guy got by him.. i mean he was flat out beat with a speed move both times.. and the part that really irritated me was that after he got beat both times.. he just turned around and watched brooks get killed while his hands were on his hips.. like "oh well.. who gives a ****.. i am just cashing a paycheck"

i thought he would be one of the top guys we could go after this offseason.. but he was beyond horrible last night.. and i have to say that was one of the first times i really watched him closely.

Scumbag College
12-13-2005, 07:03 AM
Why is everyone assuming MW will be playing G next year? He's one of the biggest wastes of a top 5 pick ever. It's time to cut losses and send him packing. I would rather see Duke Preston starting at Guard.

HHURRICANE
12-13-2005, 08:01 AM
Why is everyone assuming MW will be playing G next year? He's one of the biggest wastes of a top 5 pick ever. It's time to cut losses and send him packing. I would rather see Duke Preston starting at Guard.

God, somebody does actually have a brain today! Mike Williams is the biggest loser period. He has no heart. Cut his sorry ass. This is the whole problem with the organization. Admit that you have some sucky players:

Mike Williams, Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vinvent, Posey, Teague just to name a few!!

jdbillsfan
12-13-2005, 08:38 AM
did you guys actually watch last nights game? bentley got just absolutely owned last night on passing downs.. so much so that he gave up 2 sacks back to back in the second half.. the second one caused a safety.
i dont mean that he slipped and the guy got by him.. i mean he was flat out beat with a speed move both times.. and the part that really irritated me was that after he got beat both times.. he just turned around and watched brooks get killed while his hands were on his hips.. like "oh well.. who gives a ****.. i am just cashing a paycheck"
i thought he would be one of the top guys we could go after this offseason.. but he was beyond horrible last night.. and i have to say that was one of the first times i really watched him closely.

I didn't see the second half, but I thought he played great in the first half. Lavalais was getting no pressure up the middle on him. He also had a couple of knock downs and they seemed to be running up the middle behind him pretty well.

Also as the play was over he was giving a extra push to the DL. Seemed like he had a nasty side and was into it.

Maybe things changed in the 2nd half...

gr8slayer
12-13-2005, 08:58 AM
I remember hearing that he wants to play for the Browns.

jdbillsfan
12-13-2005, 09:18 AM
Well that is better than saying he wants to play for Tampa or Miami. At least we are close to Cleveland if it doesn't work out.

Plus Cleveland has Jeff Faine who they drafted in the first round a couple years ago.

jdbillsfan
12-13-2005, 09:23 AM
I also don't think this would happen under Donahoe, or possibly the current regim of coaches.

They would probably stick with Teague or Preston.

I am also not ready to give up on Mike Williams, but at his current price tag he is making too much.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 09:42 AM
Give Preston a chance to play first. He hasn't even had a chance to prove himself.