PDA

View Full Version : Marv Levy would have kept Bledsoe...

Ebenezer
12-13-2005, 07:58 AM
Marv Levy was in town last night for a big talk. They are playing clips of it on the radio this morning...some interesting stuff...this is not to reopen the DB debate but just wanted to let another perspective in on the situation...

Marv would have kept DB instead of playing a "rookie" with no experience...he wouldn't have risked losing the veteran leadership this team needed.

Thoughts? Some around here were saying they would like to see Marv as GM. Now?

The King
12-13-2005, 08:12 AM
Wow thats shocking. Even Marv knows that the TD era is done. I dont think he would make that statement otherwise. He knows how valuable his opinions are to Bills Nation, I dont he would say anything if he thought this regime was staying.

Stewie
12-13-2005, 08:33 AM
The guy went to harvard, even considering his age he's gotta have more brain cells than most GM candidates.

Novacane
12-13-2005, 08:54 AM
I hope he would have fixed our o-line then because Bledsoe would have sucked behind it

BillsFever21
12-13-2005, 09:03 AM
Good for Marv Levy.

BillsFever21
12-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Bledsoe has had two good games in the last 7 weeks so the "Bledsoe Loving" threads are out again.

There have only been 2 weeks out of the last 7 we have seen these threads. What a coincidence.

BillsFever21
12-13-2005, 09:06 AM
It's a feel good story to think of Marv as the coach or the GM of this team. We see the threads every season.

Then it all sinks in that he is an old fart and it's not possible then they go away.

realdealryan
12-13-2005, 09:07 AM
I hope he would have fixed our o-line then because Bledsoe would have sucked behind it

Yeah that would have been scary this year. But Bledsoe has proven that he still has a gun if he has a chance to use it. He's not Jim Kelly, though, Marv, so veteran leadership or not, letting DB go is not one of this franchise's regrettable off-season moves.

helmetguy
12-13-2005, 09:15 AM
"I've been approached by two teams (about coaching again). ONE of them wasn't Buffalo."-Marv Levy

Bill Cody
12-13-2005, 09:22 AM
Marv Levy was in town last night for a big talk. They are playing clips of it on the radio this morning...some interesting stuff...this is not to reopen the DB debate but just wanted to let another perspective in on the situation...

Marv would have kept DB instead of playing a "rookie" with no experience...he wouldn't have risked losing the veteran leadership this team needed.

Thoughts? Some around here were saying they would like to see Marv as GM. Now?

Of course he would have, he's a smart guy. Any intelligent person would have kept Drew. He's a pro bowler. This team lacks leadership, JP isn't the leader type.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 09:34 AM
I agree he wouldn't have. Hell 28 other coaches in the NFL in that same situation wouldn't have given up Bledsoe...they would have, however, built up the OL to protect his imobile ass.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Great guy.

Too old.

New blood.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Great guy.

Too old.

New blood.

New blood

Last 5 seasons

Pepto Bismol

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2005, 09:52 AM
New blood

Last 5 seasons

Pepto Bismol

Bad blood

Last 5 seasons

Prozac

:;

Philagape
12-13-2005, 10:07 AM
What would have happened had we kept Drew? He would have gotten killed behind this line, he would not have had a creampuff schedule to make him look good again, our record would be no better, and JP's development would be delayed a year and he'd be playing next year like he's playing now. Marv would have made the wrong call.

DaBills
12-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Marv as Gm is not bad at all. And under him, regardless of whether it was Bledsoe or not, Fairway's right - he would've built the line line first.