PDA

View Full Version : Marv Levy has been asked to coach in the NFL...

Ebenezer
12-13-2005, 08:04 AM
Last night Marv said that he has been approached by two teams about coaching them next year. He said that one of them has not been the Buffalo Bills. Could the other one be the Buffalo Bills? Is ML too old to coach?

I think he should leave the Legacy in the HOF and not worry about coming back.

The King
12-13-2005, 08:09 AM
I agree.

Mitchy moo
12-13-2005, 08:18 AM
i hope he can be an adviser or assist coach. he'd keep their heads straight anyways.

THATHURMANATOR
12-13-2005, 08:24 AM
Marv is not the answer. I love the guy but he is old as hell and won't have Bill Polian feeding him talent!

Ebenezer
12-13-2005, 08:29 AM
Marv is not the answer. I love the guy but he is old as hell and won't have Bill Polian feeding him talent!
boy...wouldn't it have been something if RW had never fired Polian...:sadwalk:

Stewie
12-13-2005, 08:34 AM
nah polian sucks, all he does in win football games.

TD analyzes talent!

SkapePhin
12-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Why WAS Polian fired? The guy built a heckuva team down in Indy now.

THATHURMANATOR
12-13-2005, 08:52 AM
He was a scapegoat for the 4 Superbowl losses.

DMBcrew36
12-13-2005, 08:53 AM
link???

edit: nevermind

gr8slayer
12-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Im not sure if Levy would be able to handle today's NFL at his age.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Well if Marv decides to definitly come back to the NFL, I'd like to have him in Buffalo. He might be a short term answer but this team isn't going any where for a few years anyway. Let him come in and build like old Gibbs is in Washington.

I bet Detroit is one team and St Louis is probably the other. Both are without coaches for one reason or another and it only makes sense for those teams to be looking past this season.

The Bills wouldn't approach Marv about coaching next season unless Ralph got on the horn and gave him a personal invite on the down low. It's bad for business when you currently have a coach in place.

Of course, Ralph will let the next GM choose the next HC when both TD and Mularkey have received pink slips.

But again, if Marv has definitly decide to come back, I hope the next GM at least considers him an option.

Bill Brasky
12-13-2005, 12:14 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Houston contacted him... they hired Reeves as a consultant.

Aren't Marv and Dan Reeves buddies or something?

dolphinssuck
12-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Id like Marv back but not as coach maybe in some other position! He already is familar with the orginization and could be of some help! I m wanting to see JJ come in and start coaching! Yeah I know he coached the Cowboys and Dolphins but he has rings and if he can come to Buffalo and get their house in order then Id gladly accept him!:bighug:

HHURRICANE
12-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Ummm, there are not alot of choices. Let's bring him back!! I guarantee we will go to the playoffs in his first season. They were saying the same crap about Vermeil and I guess he won a SB. Reagan was President at like 78 so who cares. Let him coach!!!

The_Philster
12-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Why WAS Polian fired? The guy built a heckuva team down in Indy now.differences between him and Jeff Littman, Ralph's finance chief