PDA

View Full Version : The Bills players are helping the true fans, the kids!

Mitchy moo
12-13-2005, 08:23 AM
You know something that really gotten lost in the whole Bills mess, the kids. These kids are our future fans, citizens and legacy. It's a shame that we couldn't bring a better team to field this year and have the parents as excited as the kids. I hope that RW is listening and brings us back to better times, I know you read this Ralph, please come around for us.

Sixty children left Dick's Sporting Goods in the Galleria Mall Monday night thinking it doesn't get any better than this. They were treated to a pizza party. They were given $175 gift cards. And they were sent to shop the store in groups, a Buffalo Bill serving as their consultant.

But the lucky ones weren't the kids affiliated with Big Brother Big Sister, the Boys and Girls Club of Buffalo, Northwest Buffalo Community Center and the Salvation Army. The lucky ones were the 14 players who in return for their time received the greatest holiday gifts of them all, the beaming eyes and bright smile of a child.
For the players in attendance, this trip to Cheektowaga was a salve for the soul. Most children under 12 don't know the Bills are 4-9, that they've lost four straight, that there will be no playoffs again this season. And even if they know, there are greater concerns in their lives, like what they're wearing to school tomorrow.
"How many games have the Bills won?" 8-year-old Armani was asked. "Ten," he said with conviction.

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20051213/1055713.asp

The King
12-13-2005, 08:42 AM
Way to be. The day you see Nate Clements at one of these events is the day I will root to see him in a Bills uniform.

Mitchy moo
12-13-2005, 09:00 AM
Way to be. The day you see Nate Clements at one of these events is the day I will root to see him in a Bills uniform.

He's a shutdown player, he shutdowns the defense and the fans.

Gunzlingr
12-13-2005, 09:05 AM
:bf1: to the 14 that participated.

doomsdayvirus
12-13-2005, 09:30 AM
anybody know who the 14 were?

the article mentions:

Daimon Shelton
Lawyer Milloy
Josh Stamer
Terrace McGee