X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

My take on Levy

Listening to WGR, and im listening to Marv's quotes two things i have noticed. Marv has talked to Ralph about the coaching gig in buffalo. Come on, "I have talked to two teams about comming back to coach, and one of them is not buffalo." So Ralph is talking to Marv, and Marv has interest. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Well what can you say about Marv? He's 80, he's a hall of fame coach, and he hasn't coached the NFL game since 1997. I can tell you Wilson is 87, and he has been burnt by going out side the organization to find a GM. He may just go with someone he has been comfortable with, and that would be Marv, they have a great relationship. How bad would this be? Well look at the Joe Gibbs situation. It has taken a year for Joe to get back into the flow of the NFL, but he is now starting catch up. I have decided that i want to see Marv back as a coach, this organization is shambles and i think wilson will go back to the last person who had the franchise winning. If Marv comes back then i want to see someone under him that he can groom to take over for him. Jim Kelly offensive cordnator? I would love it, Him and losman worked together at the Jim Kelly Football camp. The offense has looked good this year when they didn't huddle. I would love Jimbo as a coach, who knows maybe he's the head coach of the future? I have no idea if Jim wants to coach, but i do want to see the bills groom a headcoach. who better to groom a coach then a hall of Fame coach. Marv is ageless, he seems elegant in his speech. Why not im willing to take anyone over this present front office. Wilson is 87, he is not going to want to see a five year plan to fix this team. Could i see, Jimmy Johnson as GM, and Marv as a coach, it wouldn't shock me. I think Ralph is going to swing for the fences because time is not on his side. Guys i think Wilson is going to make a move that alot of us won't be happy with. Do i think he'll try to bask in the glory of the past? Seems possible, I do now have faith that Ralph Wilson is as upset as we are, and changes are comming.
    Last edited by camelcowboy; 12-13-2005, 09:27 AM.

• BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: My take on Levy

Oh god this would be scary. I know a lot of old timers still have wet dreams about the 1990's and our 4 Super Bowl losses but Marv's time has passed.

Only a senile old geezer like Ralph would think about hiring another soon to be senile old geezer.

They can do diaper and fiber commercials together for advertising purposes.

All this would be is a PR gig and would put some hope and asses in the seats next season after another mess this year. Once the honeymoon wore off and everyone realized Marv isn't the answer all hell would break loose.

Keep your dignity, Marv. Don't even pursue it.

Comment

• realdealryan
      realdealrex
      • Nov 2005

I just can't imagine Marv at 80 wanting to get down on the sidelines. It seems more likely to me that he would be GM before head coach. Either way, I would love for him to come back to the Bills organization. Maybe the good memories are blinding me, but I'm excited to think he may return.

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
        Oh god this would be scary. I know a lot of old timers still have wet dreams about the 1990's and our 4 Super Bowl losses but Marv's time has passed.

Only a senile old geezer like Ralph would think about hiring another soon to be senile old geezer.

They can do diaper and fiber commercials together for advertising purposes.

All this would be is a PR gig and would put some hope and asses in the seats next season after another mess this year. Once the honeymoon wore off and everyone realized Marv isn't the answer all hell would break loose.

Keep your dignity, Marv. Don't even pursue it.
        Too bad there isn't a senior citizens discount on the salary cap.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by camelcowboy
          Too bad there isn't a senior citizens discount on the salary cap.
          We would be 60 million under the salary cap.

Wilson and Levy can take the players to the Outback Steakhouse on senior citizen discount day where they can spend time together and develop cohesion within the organization.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

I'd love to see Marv back. I think he's coming back to the NFL regardless and since he is, I'd like to see him in Buffalo.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

I'd expect that Marv would give Tasker a chance as asst. somewhere on the team. Tasker has been trying to land a job as coach for several years.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
                I'd expect that Marv would give Tasker a chance as asst. somewhere on the team. Tasker has been trying to land a job as coach for several years.
                Levy, Tasker, maybe kelly. God, that would be a blast for the first week of training camp. Then scary as hell when the season started.

Comment

• dannyek71
                  Drink Responsibly
                  • Dec 2004

kelly has no interest in coaching. Lets also bring back Frank Reich as the QB?

I love the Bills as much as anyone, but im getting sick of trying to relive the good -ol days that happened over a decade ago. You've got to move on, but sadly this team has done nothing since the glory years.

Bringing back all these old timers is much the same problem as what uncle Rico has.
                  [

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71

I love the Bills as much as anyone, but im getting sick of trying to relive the good -ol days that happened over a decade ago. You've got to move on, but sadly this team has done nothing since the glory years.

Bringing back all these old timers is much the same problem as what uncle Rico has.
                    True. Even if Marv does caome back it doesn't necessarliy mean that he brings the entire crew with him. He's a realist.

Tasker is the only coach I might expect to see if Levy cam back to Buffalo.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

If Marv came back and brought Kelly, Thurman, Tasker, Hull and Reed along with him it would be every homers wet dream of the decade.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                        • Mar 2005

I know Kelly wasn't into coaching in the past, but things may be different now with unfortunate passing of hunter. His home is here, i guess i would just love to see him coaching, but its probally just pipe dream.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

You all are insane.

Marv got out coached in all 4 Super Bowls, and he's even older now. An 80 year old coach is insanity, unless you want to bring Lou Saban back.

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71

You say you are sick of living the good old days and to move on but you have a picture of Bledsoe as your avatar

Comment

• Pride
                              • Jul 2002

I am ok with Levy coaching, as long as he is VERY competent coaches beneath him. He needs to be coaching leader... and leave the on the field coaching to his assistants. He needs to be the common glue that holds the other coaches/players together. Just like Dick Vermeil and Parcells.

Comment

Working...
                              X