PDA

View Full Version : My take on Levy

camelcowboy
12-13-2005, 09:00 AM
Listening to WGR, and im listening to Marv's quotes two things i have noticed. Marv has talked to Ralph about the coaching gig in buffalo. Come on, "I have talked to two teams about comming back to coach, and one of them is not buffalo." So Ralph is talking to Marv, and Marv has interest. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Well what can you say about Marv? He's 80, he's a hall of fame coach, and he hasn't coached the NFL game since 1997. I can tell you Wilson is 87, and he has been burnt by going out side the organization to find a GM. He may just go with someone he has been comfortable with, and that would be Marv, they have a great relationship. How bad would this be? Well look at the Joe Gibbs situation. It has taken a year for Joe to get back into the flow of the NFL, but he is now starting catch up. I have decided that i want to see Marv back as a coach, this organization is shambles and i think wilson will go back to the last person who had the franchise winning. If Marv comes back then i want to see someone under him that he can groom to take over for him. Jim Kelly offensive cordnator? I would love it, Him and losman worked together at the Jim Kelly Football camp. The offense has looked good this year when they didn't huddle. I would love Jimbo as a coach, who knows maybe he's the head coach of the future? I have no idea if Jim wants to coach, but i do want to see the bills groom a headcoach. who better to groom a coach then a hall of Fame coach. Marv is ageless, he seems elegant in his speech. Why not im willing to take anyone over this present front office. Wilson is 87, he is not going to want to see a five year plan to fix this team. Could i see, Jimmy Johnson as GM, and Marv as a coach, it wouldn't shock me. I think Ralph is going to swing for the fences because time is not on his side. Guys i think Wilson is going to make a move that alot of us won't be happy with. Do i think he'll try to bask in the glory of the past? Seems possible, I do now have faith that Ralph Wilson is as upset as we are, and changes are comming.

BillsFever21
12-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Oh god this would be scary. I know a lot of old timers still have wet dreams about the 1990's and our 4 Super Bowl losses but Marv's time has passed.

Only a senile old geezer like Ralph would think about hiring another soon to be senile old geezer.

They can do diaper and fiber commercials together for advertising purposes.

All this would be is a PR gig and would put some hope and asses in the seats next season after another mess this year. Once the honeymoon wore off and everyone realized Marv isn't the answer all hell would break loose.

Keep your dignity, Marv. Don't even pursue it.

realdealryan
12-13-2005, 09:17 AM
I just can't imagine Marv at 80 wanting to get down on the sidelines. It seems more likely to me that he would be GM before head coach. Either way, I would love for him to come back to the Bills organization. Maybe the good memories are blinding me, but I'm excited to think he may return.

camelcowboy
12-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Oh god this would be scary. I know a lot of old timers still have wet dreams about the 1990's and our 4 Super Bowl losses but Marv's time has passed.

Only a senile old geezer like Ralph would think about hiring another soon to be senile old geezer.

They can do diaper and fiber commercials together for advertising purposes.

All this would be is a PR gig and would put some hope and asses in the seats next season after another mess this year. Once the honeymoon wore off and everyone realized Marv isn't the answer all hell would break loose.

Keep your dignity, Marv. Don't even pursue it.

Too bad there isn't a senior citizens discount on the salary cap.

BillsFever21
12-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Too bad there isn't a senior citizens discount on the salary cap.

We would be 60 million under the salary cap.

Wilson and Levy can take the players to the Outback Steakhouse on senior citizen discount day where they can spend time together and develop cohesion within the organization.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 09:36 AM
I'd love to see Marv back. I think he's coming back to the NFL regardless and since he is, I'd like to see him in Buffalo.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 09:38 AM
I'd expect that Marv would give Tasker a chance as asst. somewhere on the team. Tasker has been trying to land a job as coach for several years.

camelcowboy
12-13-2005, 09:50 AM
I'd expect that Marv would give Tasker a chance as asst. somewhere on the team. Tasker has been trying to land a job as coach for several years.

Levy, Tasker, maybe kelly. God, that would be a blast for the first week of training camp. Then scary as hell when the season started.

dannyek71
12-13-2005, 10:06 AM
kelly has no interest in coaching. Lets also bring back Frank Reich as the QB?

I love the Bills as much as anyone, but im getting sick of trying to relive the good -ol days that happened over a decade ago. You've got to move on, but sadly this team has done nothing since the glory years.

Bringing back all these old timers is much the same problem as what uncle Rico has.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 10:11 AM

I love the Bills as much as anyone, but im getting sick of trying to relive the good -ol days that happened over a decade ago. You've got to move on, but sadly this team has done nothing since the glory years.

Bringing back all these old timers is much the same problem as what uncle Rico has.

True. Even if Marv does caome back it doesn't necessarliy mean that he brings the entire crew with him. He's a realist.

Tasker is the only coach I might expect to see if Levy cam back to Buffalo.

BillsFever21
12-13-2005, 10:17 AM
If Marv came back and brought Kelly, Thurman, Tasker, Hull and Reed along with him it would be every homers wet dream of the decade.

camelcowboy
12-13-2005, 10:18 AM
I know Kelly wasn't into coaching in the past, but things may be different now with unfortunate passing of hunter. His home is here, i guess i would just love to see him coaching, but its probally just pipe dream.

Earthquake Enyart
12-13-2005, 10:36 AM
You all are insane.

Marv got out coached in all 4 Super Bowls, and he's even older now. An 80 year old coach is insanity, unless you want to bring Lou Saban back.

don137
12-13-2005, 10:36 AM

You say you are sick of living the good old days and to move on but you have a picture of Bledsoe as your avatar :question:

Pride
12-13-2005, 10:38 AM
I am ok with Levy coaching, as long as he is VERY competent coaches beneath him. He needs to be coaching leader... and leave the on the field coaching to his assistants. He needs to be the common glue that holds the other coaches/players together. Just like Dick Vermeil and Parcells.

Devin
12-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Marv was a great coach, and motivator....probably one of the best. He knew how to get everything out of the players.

I wouldnt want him here strictly for his age. I want some stability, someone who is going to be here for the long run. If Marv were 10 years younger there would be no question.

BillsFever21
12-13-2005, 10:41 AM
You all are insane.

Marv got out coached in all 4 Super Bowls, and he's even older now. An 80 year old coach is insanity, unless you want to bring Lou Saban back.

Thank you.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 10:43 AM
You all are insane.

I'd say he was out coached in 3 Super Bowls. We should have won XXV.

Still, would you rather have a 4-12 team or a team that loses in the Super Bowl?

LtBillsFan66
12-13-2005, 10:44 AM
I'll pass on Levy. I love the guy, but his time passed. Plus, he doesn't exactly have Andre Reed, Thurman, Kelly, Bruce, Cornelius, etc. The game has changed.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 10:45 AM
I'll pass on Levy. I love the guy, but his time passed. Plus, he doesn't exactly have Andre Reed, Thurman, Kelly, Bruce, Cornelius, etc. The game has changed.

I bet we could get them back too.

LtBillsFan66
12-13-2005, 10:47 AM
To do what? None of the real greats ever come back to coach. Just because they were good on the field doesn't mean they will be good coaches.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 10:49 AM
To do what? None of the real greats ever come back to coach. Just because they were good on the field doesn't mean they will be good coaches.

I'm talking about playing.

Devin
12-13-2005, 10:50 AM
:lmao:

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Of all people, I never expected BF1 to jump on that one.

lol

LtBillsFan66
That would be an improvement.

camelcowboy
I would take him for a year or two. We just a rising star that can learn under him. Marv is a players coach, he knows how to deal with players. If he had this group, Add four more wins on two our record as of now. He would have players up to playing, not this laying down midseason ****, we have seen from these players. He may be eighty, but i would rather have yoda of football, than the assclown we have coaching right now.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 10:53 AM
That would be an improvement.

:rofl:

Yes it would.

LtBillsFan66
12-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Of all people, I never expected BF1 to jump on that one.

lol
hahaha. There are people who want those guys as coaches. That's why I assumed that's what you meant.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Seriously though, I'd take Marv in a heartbeat. I think he's coming back as a head coach this season and it would just kill me to see him in anything but Buffalo red, white, and blue.

camelcowboy
12-13-2005, 10:55 AM
hahaha. There are people who want those guys as coaches. That's why I assumed that's what you meant.

:liar:

Earthquake Enyart
12-13-2005, 11:01 AM
I'd say he was out coached in 3 Super Bowls. We should have won XXV.

Still, would you rather have a 4-12 team or a team that loses in the Super Bowl?
Are you kidding me?

XXV was the Super Bowl where he was out coached the worst!!

We had a waaaay better team than the Giants.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 11:07 AM
Are you kidding me?

XXV was the Super Bowl where he was out coached the worst!!

We had a waaaay better team than the Giants.

I agree that we had the better team, but the Giants played their best game all season. I'm not going to argue with you, perhaps we were outcoached, but what happend all season long for that team? They were monsters, a machine that knew how to win and get to the big game. They destroyed the Raiders in the AFC Championship. Who doesn't like winning a Super Bowl, but what is the next best thing? I'd say getting to one.....

If Marv can get this team back to Super Bowl capabilites, then why not even just consider him an option?

camelcowboy
12-13-2005, 11:14 AM
wow, ohhhhhhh he was coached in the superbowl, give me a break. Has anyone seen this team the last three weeks. Were making every coach look like a genius, out coached in the superbowl hah. I'd love to sniff the playoffs again. I'll take marv in a heart beat over some unproven cordnator. Why does Marv want to come back? Great career. He wants a superbowl title,and he's hungry for it. Bring him on board. All your he's old arguements have pushed me off the fence. Im with Marv

realdealryan
12-13-2005, 11:58 AM
wow, ohhhhhhh he was coached in the superbowl, give me a break. Has anyone seen this team the last three weeks. Were making every coach look like a genius, out coached in the superbowl hah. I'd love to sniff the playoffs again. I'll take marv in a heart beat over some unproven cordnator. Why does Marv want to come back? Great career. He wants a superbowl title,and he's hungry for it. Bring him on board. All your he's old arguements have pushed me off the fence. Im with Marv

Agreed. Who else are we going to realistically get from now until the end of the offseason who would fill more seats? Or get this team and our fans excited? If HC is too much for him, I'm sure he could make a front office contribution. Why not give Marv a chance? What do we have to lose, poor morale and a bad record?

Earthquake Enyart
12-13-2005, 12:01 PM
HE'S 80 FREAKING YEARS OLD!!!

dannyek71
12-13-2005, 12:04 PM
You say you are sick of living the good old days and to move on but you have a picture of Bledsoe as your avatar :question:

I have it in there to make fun of drew (type in mullet in google and do the photo search, thats where I got this)

camelcowboy
12-13-2005, 12:06 PM
HE'S 80 FREAKING YEARS OLD!!!

Yeah, so. Listen to him talk, watch him on the preseason telecast. He has aged well, Marv is old by years, but i think he is in good condition, and there is a difference. Some people age better then others. My grampa 67 years old, he has the manorism of a 100 year old. As long as he's physically up to it let him do it. 80 years of expierence shouldn't be looked at as a bad thing if he can physically do the job.

Was anyone at the WGR thing with Marv yesterday? If so how did he look. How did he sound. If you didn't know he was eighty could you tell?

realdealryan
12-13-2005, 12:14 PM
How old is Joe Paterno? And more importantly, how old does he seem in interviews? SUPER OLD!

<TABLE borderColor=#00297b cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=266 align=center bgColor=#eeeeee border=1><TBODY><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TD class=sidebartext>Teams</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>W</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>L</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>Pct.</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>W</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>L</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>Pct.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sidebartext>Penn State (http://www.gopsusports.com/Football/schedules/athleticschedule.cfm) </TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>7</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>1</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.875</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>10</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>1</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.909</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sidebartext>Ohio State (http://ohiostatebuckeyes.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/osu-m-footbl-sched.html) </TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>7</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>1</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.875</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>9</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>2</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.818</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sidebartext>Michigan (http://mgoblue.com/schedule.cfm?section_id=259&top=2&level=3) </TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>5</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>3</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.625</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>7</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>4</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.636</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sidebartext>Northwestern (http://nusports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/nw-m-footbl-sched.html) </TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>5</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>3</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.625</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>7</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>4</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.636</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sidebartext>Iowa (http://hawkeyesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/iowa-m-footbl-sched.html) </TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>5</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>3</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.625</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>7</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>4</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.636</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sidebartext>Wisconsin (http://www.uwbadgers.com/sport_news/fb/schedule/schd.aspx?sport=fb) </TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>5</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>3</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.625</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>8</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>3</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.727</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sidebartext>Minnesota (http://www.gophersports.com/Sports/schedule.asp?sport_id=mfball) </TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>4</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>4</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.500</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>7</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>4</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.636</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sidebartext>Purdue (http://purduesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/pur-m-footbl-sched.html) </TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>3</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>5</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.375</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>5</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>6</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.455</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sidebartext>Michigan State (http://msuspartans.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/msu-m-footbl-sched.html) </TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>2</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>6</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.250</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>5</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>6</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.455</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sidebartext>Indiana (http://iuhoosiers.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/ind-m-footbl-sched.html) </TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>1</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>7</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.125</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>4</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>7</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.364</TD></TR><TR><TD class=sidebartext>Illinois (http://fightingillini.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/ill-m-footbl-sched.html) </TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>8</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.000</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>2</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>9</TD><TD class=sidebartext align=right>0.182</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Earthquake Enyart
12-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Yeah, so. Listen to him talk, watch him on the preseason telecast. He has aged well, Marv is old by years, but i think he is in good condition, and there is a difference. Some people age better then others. My grampa 67 years old, he has the manorism of a 100 year old. As long as he's physically up to it let him do it. 80 years of expierence shouldn't be looked at as a bad thing if he can physically do the job.

Was anyone at the WGR thing with Marv yesterday? If so how did he look. How did he sound. If you didn't know he was eighty could you tell?
Marv is on the radio here every Sunday morning doing a pregame show with a couple of old Bears. He's obviously lucid and spry.

But one day in the not too distant future, the old timers hit the wall....

camelcowboy
12-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Marv is on the radio here every Sunday morning doing a pregame show with a couple of old Bears. He's obviously lucid and spry.

But one day in the not too distant future, the old timers hit the wall....

Mularkey hit the wall, week 2. I'd roll the dice on marv

finfan34
12-13-2005, 12:45 PM
isnt marv like 6040604060747395850 years old?

camelcowboy
12-13-2005, 12:46 PM
isnt marv like 6040604060747395850 years old?

Levy's old but he's not god.