PDA

View Full Version : McGahee to Miami? Odd Whispers from PFW

SkapePhin
12-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Despite the fact that WR Eric Moulds has been suspended for a game and has a reputation as a “me” guy, he should still be in demand if the Bills, as expected, let him go for salary-cap purposes following this season. Moulds turns 33 in July, but he has been a durable and reliable player for a decade and still commands double-teams from opposing defenses.

We hear that Bills RB Willis McGahee is not happy in Buffalo and wants to play in Florida, preferably Miami.

A Bills insider says that owner Ralph Wilson has been unhappy with the team’s direction since last April’s draft. Word is, Wilson believes the selection of WR Roscoe Parrish was a luxury pick that his team couldn’t afford, considering it had more pressing needs along the offensive and defensive lines.http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2005/whispers2023.htm

What the heck is Willis thinking? Why would he think Miami would want him?

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Take every thing that site says with a grain of salt.

SkapePhin
12-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Oh.. I thought PFT (ProFootballTalk) was the National Enquire of sports.. Is PFW similar?

Samphin1
12-13-2005, 10:16 AM
That doesn't make a lick of sense. I mean, Miami already has Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. Even if they traded Ricky for whatever, I doubt that Willis would come here to split carries.

This seems like nothing more than BS to me.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Oh.. I thought PFT (ProFootballTalk) was the National Enquire of sports.. Is PFW similar?

I think that they do get reliable info, but they tend to speculate rather than report.....kind of what we do here.

For instance:

I'm sure that McGahee is unhappy in Buffalo...I bet the whole damn team isn't crazy about the weather and the economic structure, as well as the current status of the season....but, just becasue a player isn't happy playing somewhere doesn't mean he typically wouldn't stay. Players have preferences just like you and I.

Nublar7
12-13-2005, 10:23 AM
I would take McGahee.

As our third string Running back! http://images.finheaven.com/forums/smilies2/icon_lol.gif Seriously, doesn't he even pay attention to what happens in the NFL? Why would we want him when he have one of the best combo runnig backs in the league? If he came down here he would NEVER see the field. No thanks to a very OVERRATED NFL running back. http://images.finheaven.com/forums/smilies2/icon_lol.gif
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Nublar7
12-13-2005, 10:26 AM
What is a shame is that when a Dolphins fan posts it on the main board(finfan34) it gets moved to the smack forum. Yet, a Bills fan posts it, and here it is. :shakeno:

Edit: Already admitted my mistake.
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1277310", true); </SCRIPT>

BillsFever21
12-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Miami has Ronnie Brown who will be a far better RB then Willis. I'm sure they wanna trade for him.

I'll give them Willis straight up for Ronnie if they were crazy enough too.

LtFinFan66
12-13-2005, 10:30 AM
What is a shame is that when a Dolphins fan posts it on the main board(finfan34) it gets moved to the smack forum. Yet, a Bills fan posts it, and here it is. :shakeno:<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1277310", true); </SCRIPT>uh Nubs, Skape is one of us isn't he??

SkapePhin
12-13-2005, 10:36 AM
What is a shame is that when a Dolphins fan posts it on the main board(finfan34) it gets moved to the smack forum. Yet, a Bills fan posts it, and here it is. :shakeno:<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1277310", true); </script>

Im incognito man.. :bad:

NJFINSFAN1
12-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Doesn't make any sence. I know Willis is a nut, but that would be even over the top for him.

Nublar7
12-13-2005, 10:41 AM
uh Nubs, Skape is one of us isn't he??

Im incognito man.. :bad:
Yeah, I am a dumbass. lol. I didn't look at the name. Just saw Losman in the avatar.

Devin
12-13-2005, 10:47 AM
Well I think we all know the Fins are set at RB, and have other areas to address.

Tampa is set with Cadillac, and Jacksonville for the time being is set with Taylor even though hes always injured.

Willis can wish and one hand and **** in the other.

BillsFever21
12-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Well I think we all know the Fins are set at RB, and have other areas to address.

Tampa is set with Cadillac, and Jacksonville for the time being is set with Taylor even though hes always injured.

Willis can wish and one hand and **** in the other.

I wouldn't really say they are set with Taylor. He will be 30 years old next month which is right about the time RB's start to decline.

When his contract runs out would play a role in it. Regardless this doesn't have a chance of happening.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Willis isn't going anywhere for a while. He has a contract to fullfill. Rosenhaus and TO did us all a favor this season with their dumbass bluf with Philly. Rosenhaus just lost a little edge, IMO. Javon Walker told him to take a hike and I expect all other players will think twice before attempting to do something like what he and TO did this season.

They were both accussed of "maliciously and deliberatly planned" the nonsense that occurred in Philly.

Willis will play out his contract until ready to renegotiate.

paladin warrior
12-13-2005, 11:24 AM
It MM mistake all of it and a loudy job. I dont want mcGahee to go Miami.:cry: Pls dont go to miami. Our Fans need him. and Of course Our fans need new head coach soo bad. Ralph have no time left. How many head coach will get fire this year??

TigerJ
12-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Willis McGahee is probably one of the dumbest players in the NFL. It would not surprise me to learn he hasn't figured out that Miami has two starting caliber RBs already

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2005, 11:46 AM
That doesn't make a lick of sense. I mean, Miami already has Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. Even if they traded Ricky for whatever, I doubt that Willis would come here to split carries.

This seems like nothing more than BS to me.

Just a side note...you keep your sig of RJ up but fail to realize your QB situation since Marino has been more disastrous than ours than since we've had Kelly. As much as I hate to admit it, at least we had Bledsoe and Flutie. You've had Feel-me, Rosen-feels, Feed-ler and Frot. :funny:

Just thought I'd mention that. :D

:squish:

Bill Brasky
12-13-2005, 12:07 PM
I told you guys... Willis was trouble the day we drafted him... this guy can go to ****ing Miami for all I care. They have zero use for him with 2 good RB's already on their roster so he will rot on the bench. He's not doing anything for us anyways with his mind-boggling 2.9 ypc every game. Ungreatful SOB. Nobody wanted to draft him, we give him a shot, and he wants out of here... we don't need PFW to tell us that, it's obvious he hates it here.

JJamezz
12-13-2005, 01:34 PM
If there's any validity to it, its just one of those things the media twists around.. Willis isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and it's sickening the way the media will use that to their advantage.

Everybody made such a big deal about him saying he's the 'best back in the NFL', but it was made out to be SO much more than it was.. Not saying he doesn't have an ego, but it was taken out of context, and when he explained why he felt he's the best, that part was oh-so-mysteriously left out of the papers, radio, etc..

Somebody probably asked him about the climate down there before the last Miami game, etc., and it gets twisted around into 'WILLIS UNHAPPY IN BUFFALO..'

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2005, 01:53 PM
I told you guys... Willis was trouble the day we drafted him... this guy can go to ****ing Miami for all I care. They have zero use for him with 2 good RB's already on their roster so he will rot on the bench. He's not doing anything for us anyways with his mind-boggling 2.9 ypc every game. Ungreatful SOB. Nobody wanted to draft him, we give him a shot, and he wants out of here... we don't need PFW to tell us that, it's obvious he hates it here.

I put alot of that on Rosendouche as well. I'm sure he is trying to think of new ways to squeeze every ounce of bling from WM's potential. And the minute WM is on the skids, Rosendouche will drop him like a hot potato.

Disgusting when you think about it actually.

feelthepain
12-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Theres nothing wrong with Willis or Moulds winning won't fix. These kind of things happen to teams when they lose. If the Bills were 6-7 or 7-6 there would be a lot more optimism and a lot less b****ing. Things aren't as bad as it seems right now. Look at the bright side, by suffering through a tough season change will come and you'll have a lot more to be positive about in the near future. The fins had a 4-12 season last year and now we are light years from that team. You also have a first rd pick this year and you'll be in the top 5 probably and could trade out and maybe end up with two firsts thats not to shaby.

dolphinssuck
12-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Theres nothing wrong with Willis or Moulds winning won't fix. These kind of things happen to teams when they lose. If the Bills were 6-7 or 7-6 there would be a lot more optimism and a lot less b****ing. Things aren't as bad as it seems right now. Look at the bright side, by suffering through a tough season change will come and you'll have a lot more to be positive about in the near future. The fins had a 4-12 season last year and now we are light years from that team. You also have a first rd pick this year and you'll be in the top 5 probably and could trade out and maybe end up with two firsts thats not to shaby. True! Brighter days are ahead for Buffalo! We'll get high draft picks if used right we'll be OK! As feelthepain said Miami is alot better than last season and we'll be better next season! This was a good post and 100% true!

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2005, 06:01 PM
True! Brighter days are ahead for Buffalo! We'll get high draft picks if used right we'll be OK! As feelthepain said Miami is alot better than last season and we'll be better next season! This was a good post and 100% true!

This only holds true if TD and MM are gone. If not, expect another non-playoff year.

X-Era
12-13-2005, 06:11 PM
I put alot of that on Rosendouche as well. I'm sure he is trying to think of new ways to squeeze every ounce of bling from WM's potential. And the minute WM is on the skids, Rosendouche will drop him like a hot potato.

Disgusting when you think about it actually.

This is a waste of invaluable server space.

McGahee and Rosen-clown are bucking for a BIG pay day from the Bills. After a 4 TD season, does ANY team, really want to pay him top 5 RB cash? Not quite. He can be kept or traded for all I care. But, he AINT getting a big pay day. AND if no one else is willing to do it, why demand a trade?

Hey, if he wants to go to Mia that bad and Nick decides to take up crack as a past time and trade for him even though he has Ricky and Ronnie (sounds a bit to Bell Biv Devoe if you ask me), Im sure we would have NO problem asking DOUBLE from a AFC East rival and trading him!

X-Era
12-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Theres nothing wrong with Willis or Moulds winning won't fix. These kind of things happen to teams when they lose. If the Bills were 6-7 or 7-6 there would be a lot more optimism and a lot less b****ing. Things aren't as bad as it seems right now. Look at the bright side, by suffering through a tough season change will come and you'll have a lot more to be positive about in the near future. The fins had a 4-12 season last year and now we are light years from that team. You also have a first rd pick this year and you'll be in the top 5 probably and could trade out and maybe end up with two firsts thats not to shaby.

Wait a sec, did you just offer advice and or empathy to a hated Bills fan????!!!!

Good rep headed your way.

BTW, you are very right!

feelthepain
12-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Wait a sec, did you just offer advice and or empathy to a hated Bills fan????!!!!

Good rep headed your way.

BTW, you are very right!

The only time I get neg is when some fans are over the top and I call them on it, then it just snowballs from there. I don't have a problem with Bill fans in general. Just ridiculous ones.