• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Prediction: Donahoe "re-signs" at the end of the season, Mularkey stays

Bobby DePaul comes in as personnel director to beef up the team. Mularkey gets one more year. You heard it here first. I'm going on record on December 13th, 2005.

Discuss.

Jon
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Prediction: Donahoe "re-signs" at the end of the season, Mularkey stays

No thanks. He hasn't done anything with the Bears. At least Donahoe fielded good teams in Pitts.

Mularkey goes also.

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

I didn't say it's what I want to see happen necessarily, I'm just predicting what Ralph is going to do. Donahoe and Mularkey are too expensive for Wilson to both get rid of (Mularkey has $4.2 million remaining, and Donahoe who knows with his extension). Wilson also was quoted as saying to Moulds he was going to "split the baby" like Solomon with his suspension, so this reasoning would make sense. One goes one stays. You could also make the argument (not that I personally want to) that Mularkey got the team close to the playoffs last year, so with some personnel moves by a real GM with the same system (same tutelage for J.P. for another year) this team could turn the corner.

Just my $.02 on what Wilson is thinking and what he'll do.

Jon

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Mularkey has 2 years 4.2 million remaining on his contract? What idiot gave him such a big contract?

You do make a good point for Mularkey staying.

Comment

• SkapePhin
          • Jan 2005

Sounds like what Huzienga did in Miami following the 2003 season.. We all know how that ended up.

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
            I didn't say it's what I want to see happen necessarily, I'm just predicting what Ralph is going to do. Donahoe and Mularkey are too expensive for Wilson to both get rid of (Mularkey has $4.2 million remaining, and Donahoe who knows with his extension). Wilson also was quoted as saying to Moulds he was going to "split the baby" like Solomon with his suspension, so this reasoning would make sense. One goes one stays. You could also make the argument (not that I personally want to) that Mularkey got the team close to the playoffs last year, so with some personnel moves by a real GM with the same system (same tutelage for J.P. for another year) this team could turn the corner.

Just my $.02 on what Wilson is thinking and what he'll do.

Jon
            Cut that contract crap out the window. You'll see that Wilson is going to bite Mularkey's contract. He's going to realize that he doesn't have time to put of with a crappy coach and he's going to start fresh in hopes winning fast. Wilson wants to go out on top, so he's going to clean house. A new front office, and a freeagrent spending spree,especially that 2007 looks more and more like it will be uncapped. You heard it from camel first.

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

His Soloman reference was more about he didn't think Moulds should be suspended but he wasn't quite ready to side with the players over the coach. The fact that wilson has been talking to Moulds, and Vincent without the coaches leads me to believe that Mularkeys gone. A good Gm isn't going to want to keep a coach they didn't hire.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

Yeah, he talked to Vincent, but Vincent is publicly defending the coach. Doesn't sound like Mularkey is Caesar here, it sounds like Donahoe is.

That being said, I hope you are right, I think we need to make a clean start, start drafting better, and spending a little bit more money in free agency on positions of need. I'm just predicting that what Wilson does is Donahoe goes, Mularkey stays.

Jon

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

Vincent the president of the player association is going to defend the coach in public, but i wouldnt take alot of weight in what he or fletcher told the media. Him and fletcher are two savy veterans who aren't going to pull a Sam Adams, or Eric Moulds, but i do think they probally on the same page they just wont go public with it.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

It really doesn't make sense though to fire TD and keep MM. The new GM will want to bring in his own guy because that new GM knows his butt is on the line if the team fails.

IMO, it's one of these options:

1. TD stays, MM stays (and continue to suck)
                    2. TD stays, MM goes (and continue to suck)
                    3. TD goes, MM goes (and have a chance to win again)

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                      • Jul 2002

If Donahoe goes, the coach will go too.
                      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SkapePhin
                        Sounds like what Huzienga did in Miami following the 2003 season.. We all know how that ended up.

True, but I think MM is a better coach then DW and it doesn't seem the Bills will hire a GM/HC in one so I think waht the bills are going through right now are more TD then MM. When MM had P.Williams,D.Bledsoe,T.Herny and T.Spikes the team had a winning record. Thats four pretty darn good FB players. Seems the Bills depth needs some help more then changing the HC and who's responsible for the depth???TD!!

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                          Bobby DePaul comes in as personnel director to beef up the team. Mularkey gets one more year. You heard it here first. I'm going on record on December 13th, 2005.

Discuss.

Jon
                          Wait, is "discuss", a command? If so, I am now snapping to.

I think your on the money. I thought I saw a thingy saying Wilson really like Mularkey.

One COULD argue that our current mess has MORE to do with overspedning on over the hill vets, underspending on the O and D lines, and then being conservative overall in your FA approach that it does with coaching. But BOTH are very much in question.

After last weeks loss and the Miami mess, I wanted Mularkey GONE. But I like how he handles the media, how he handled the Moulds mess, and the JP becnhing seemed to work. Now, that alone wasnt enough for me to not throw him under the bus, but Vincent and Fletcher BOTH really talked about how great he was and how they play for him. Add in the 0-4 to 9-7 and just out of the playoffs thanks to Bleedslow and we could make a case to keep him.

I would not be suprised at ALL if Mularkey is kept at least one more year. But, I also wouldnt be suprised if Ralph isnt coherent enough to can TD at the end of the year either, so thats not saying much.

Comment

• dolphinssuck
                            • Dec 2005

MM seems to have a few good qualities but HC isnt one of them! Hes good at coordinator and maybe he should have stuck with that! I have no doubt he tried his best and he did handle the EM situation nicely but I dont want him as HC next season! Maybe move him to coordinator or front office! He has made a few shakey decisions and a few good ones as well so we will most likely have him 1 more season and if noot improved his gone!

Comment

• DaBills
                              • Sep 2004

MM got a five year deal. TD convinced Ralph on that one. "What are the odds another first-year coach would suck, right?" Oops on that one I guess.

My take on Ralph talking to Vincent is that he probably wanted the opinion of a vet, someone who also has the interest of the players at heart, and who might tell Ralph if the team has given up on the coach or not.

As far as MM handling Moulds situation – personally he should have handled it way back the first time Moulds opened his mouth about wanting KH. T.O. got run out of Philly for doing basically the same thing, (among other things, granted). But Moulds undermined his QB the sec he opened his mouth and MM didn't do anything. And Moulds wonders why JP won't throw to him?
                              “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

Working...
                              X