PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe in the Jungle said:

Drev8
12-13-2005, 12:14 PM
On the Bills giving the job to JP without a competition:

"I thought they made a mistake, and it’s starting to look that way"

Understatement of the year? He could've have taken a nastier shot than that.

RedEyE
12-13-2005, 12:16 PM
I think he was refering to having cut him. Bledsoe isn't the type of guy to take a shot at another player.

obi wan
12-13-2005, 12:18 PM
He said that "they decided to give the nod to a young kid without a competition and I didnt agree with that."

TacklingDummy
12-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Im sure he's glad to be out of Buffalo.

Just like Pat Williams, Carpenter, Newman and Winfield.

And soon to be Clements, Adams, possibly Fletcher and Moulds.

Ebenezer
12-13-2005, 12:24 PM

come on....we all knew "it couldn't get any worse" under JP...

oh, wait....nevermind.

BAM
12-13-2005, 12:30 PM
Biggest mistake of the year, IMO. Other than the horrible draft.

Meathead
12-13-2005, 12:34 PM
come on....we all knew "it couldn't get any worse" under JP...

shouting "hell yeah it can" repeatedly did no good

Bill Brasky
12-13-2005, 12:36 PM
He said that "they decided to give the nod to a young kid without a competition and I didnt agree with that."

i don't think anybody agreed with it... except for our bright-minded front office... and half the billszone.

THATHURMANATOR
12-13-2005, 12:42 PM
I am still fine with it.

Patrick76777
12-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Im sure he's glad to be out of Buffalo.
Just like Pat Williams, Carpenter, Newman and Winfield.
And soon to be Clements, Adams, possibly Fletcher and Moulds.

Throw in a couple extra players and that's a good defense you just cut there!

Iehoshua
12-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Drew can play linebacker or d-line, or o-line?

:confused:

If so, Drew could've played well enough for the defense to rank higher than the bottom half of the league?

:rofl:

camelcowboy
12-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Drew can play linebacker or d-line, or o-line?

:confused:

If so, Drew could've played well enough for the defense to rank higher than the bottom half of the league?

Thank you. No one seems to remeber the way bledsoe played when it mattered, and that the oline is the biggest problem this year, and it was far better last year. We wouldn't have parcells holding his hand here either.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Thank you. No one seems to remeber the way bledsoe played when it mattered, and that the oline is the biggest problem this year, and it was far better last year. We wouldn't have parcells holding his hand here either.
I agree with this assessment.

Anyone remember why we didn't make the playoffs last season? Who was partially responsible for sucking against the Steelers scrubs?

Bledsoe had to go. I'm willing to take a crap year this season to develop JP. I keep looking back to Eli Manning last season and look where they are now.

Bill Brasky
12-13-2005, 01:26 PM
I agree with this assessment.

Anyone remember why we didn't make the playoffs last season? Who was partially responsible for sucking against the Steelers scrubs?

Bledsoe had to go. I'm willing to take a crap year this season to develop JP. I keep looking back to Eli Manning last season and look where they are now.
Don't be fooled. Manning still sucks at this point, he just has a good team around him bailing him out. This is coming from a guy who has to watch him every week. He is far from polished.

Might I add that he threw 3 INT's in 1 QTR last week and single handedly almost blew the game for his team and nobody bashed the guy... Losman throws 3 TD's in 1 QTR against Miami and the national media says he sucks.

L.A. Playa
12-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Thats because he is a Manning, remember Peyton's first year or even John Elways. The Bills dont suck this year because of teh decision to start JP or JP's play. They suck because the dominant defense and power running game tah twas supposed to exist to support JP is nonexistant. JP has looked awful at times and at times showed flashes of what he could be give the guy a break, how would Big Ben look behind this line and coaching staff ??

ScottLawrence
12-13-2005, 01:34 PM
What do you think hes going to say.....Nah it was the right move, I suck.

Novacane
12-13-2005, 01:38 PM
I am still fine with it.

Me too. This team was not going anywhere with Drew unless we built and all-pro o-line

The King
12-13-2005, 01:45 PM
It was a move for the future.
With Bledsoe we would've been a better football team. Crappy line and all. But the franchise wanted to look to the future.. fine.

What the Bills did do wrong is say that starting JP was not a step back for the team. That all blew up in their face and ours when Holcomb was named starter.

So TD and Mularkey are the ones who should pay not Bledsoe not Losman. They blind sided the fans.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2005, 01:45 PM
I am still fine with it.

So am I. :up:

Dredsoe would have gotten sacked 400 times behind this line, JP would not have gotten any experience riding the pine again (*See Eli Manning) and we still would have missed the playoffs (regardless of QB). As such, TD/MM would have said at the end of this non-playoff season, "We're moving to the future now with JP", and then we would have had the '05 season in '06. No thanks.

We're moving forward now because a) JP will have 12 games under his belt and b) hopefully TD/MM get s**t canned after the season.

BSXIII
12-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Every QB needs a good o-line to play behind. The myth that a "mobile QB" is a solution to a bad o-line has been proven to be absolute BS. At least last year teams had to show some respect for the passing game. This year they just key in on Willis, knowing our passing game is non-existant.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2005, 01:48 PM
What do you think hes going to say.....Nah it was the right move, I suck.
:rofl: True.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Thats because he is a Manning, remember Peyton's first year or even John Elways. The Bills dont suck this year because of teh decision to start JP or JP's play. They suck because the dominant defense and power running game tah twas supposed to exist to support JP is nonexistant. JP has looked awful at times and at times showed flashes of what he could be give the guy a break, how would Big Ben look behind this line and coaching staff ??

Bingo. Don't confuse the haters with the facts.

Gunzlingr
12-13-2005, 01:55 PM
With our line and D playing at a junior high level, it wouldn't matter if we had Peyton Manning. We would still suck ass. JP has struggled, and so did Holcomb, and while they are part of the problem, almost all if falls on the administration for not improving our lines.

bills&sabresmvf
12-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Bledsoe is not a bad quarterback, but he didn't fit with this team. He'd be worse off this year in Buffalo than last year. He's doing a hell-of-a-job down there in Dallas because he has a solid line. Put that line here in Buffalo and we'd be talkin' of a better quarterback. Bledsoe was let go for good reasons because Donahoe didn't want to build a strong line. He left it up to 'runnin' JP to get out of trouble. JP will be a good quarterback and this time will build a solid line in front of him. All of this will be done with our new General Manager....MARV FREAKIN' LEVY!! YEAH BABY!!

pats-were-right
12-13-2005, 02:10 PM
If you guys were shooting for a pinnacle of "first or second round playoff exit" then yeah you shoulda kept him. That's all he's done every single year in this league but for one year (1996) when every possible break went our way.

I thought maybe you were shooting for something higher.

Jeff1220
12-13-2005, 02:11 PM
I agree that Bledsoe is a good QB, but Dallas is a good situation for him. Dallas has a good line and an excellent coaching staff, starting with Parcells. Buffalo has Swiss cheese and a bunch of buffoons. I like Drew and think he's a good guy, from what I've seen of him. I hope he does well, but I hate the Cowboys, and even in the situation he's been given, it's questionable on if these Cowboys will even be in the playoffs. If he were still in Buffalo, with this OL and coaching staff, it would've been Drew's worst year of his career.

BillsFever21
12-13-2005, 02:14 PM
I've never seen so much love for a guy who had a losing record while he was here.

A guy who fumbles the ball almost 20 times a year. A guy who in 2003 had 13 TD's and 22 TO's.

A guy who in 2004 had more TO's then he did TD's against the easiest schedule in the league.

A guy who bombed out our last game of the season against Pittsbugh and fumbled the go ahead and game winning TD away.

A guy who couldn't lead us to the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the league and a defense that forced the most TO's in the league.

A guy who couldn't move the ball against a bunch of 3rd stringers and win the biggest game for our franchise in the past 7 years.

Still had the same supporters after he bombed out that 2003 season and we finished 5-11 with a "groomed veteran"

A guy who played with no heart and showed no interest the last 2 seasons.

3 years, 22-26, 59 TD's and 62 TO's and 140 sacks. Nuff' said.

The idiot Mularkey had a lot to do with it but a seasoned veteran(like some wanna proclaim) should've been able to take us further.

Iehoshua
12-13-2005, 02:14 PM
If you guys were shooting for a pinnacle of "first or second round playoff exit" then yeah you shoulda kept him. That's all he's done every single year in this league but for one year (1996) when every possible break went our way.

I thought maybe you were shooting for something higher.
Right again!
:bf1:

THATHURMANATOR
12-13-2005, 02:17 PM
Me too. This team was not going anywhere with Drew unless we built and all-pro o-line

LtBillsFan66
12-13-2005, 02:23 PM
We sucked with him. We suck worse without him.

Philagape
12-13-2005, 02:27 PM
How many times do we need opposing defenders to blow through our nonexistant line, opposing running backs to repeatedly steamroll us, and our backfield of "playmakers" to blow another lead before some people start to get it through their heads that quarterback is the least of this team's problems? That it really, REALLY didn't matter who it was? And that, therefore, giving JP experience should have been and still should be the deciding factor?

Philagape
12-13-2005, 02:28 PM
We sucked with him. We suck worse without him.

I'd say we sucked equally. The difference is this year we didn't get to play Arizona or Cleveland or San Francisco down the stretch.

LtBillsFan66
12-13-2005, 02:30 PM
We're a lot worse. No matter who we played or didn't play. Could be because the OL is worse. But we're worse overall.

BillsFever21
12-13-2005, 02:31 PM
You replace the 49ers, Browns, Cardinals and 2 games against how bad the Dolphins were last year with teams like Carolina, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Denver, improved Miami team and San Diego that equals to our record this season. Plus the Seahawks and Rams were playing awful when we beat them. The only team we beat with a winning record last year were the Seahawks.

Had we played them caliber of teams last season we would've been toast. Had we played a bunch of lightweights this season like last year our record would be better.

Our 9 wins last season were against teams with combined wins of about 35-40 We lost to every good team we played against.

Six of our 9 wins came against teams that hired a new coach this year.

finsrclowns
12-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Dredsoe would have gotten sacked 400 times behind this line

Please explain why. Gandy has been as good as Jennings- only 4 sacks allowed for the season. Bennie Anderson sucks, but is he any worse than Tucker? Teague is still Teague. Villarial is still Villarial. Mike Williams was benched for Peters for a reason so this is a small net gain for this year. IT'S A WASH.

Here's what doesn't wash- the Amigo's said:

1)The OL wasn't the problem it was the immobile statue at QB. WRONG. Now with the similar OL the OL is the problem because it doesn't fit their argument. Sacks per attempt are up from last year. Why? Teams have no fear in sending the blitz against JP or in stacking the line against Willis because JP can't defeat it. WAKE UP!

2) The offense can't get any worse with Losman. WRONG. Last year the team was 7th in points per game, this year 29th. We have 18 TD's for the season with 3 games to go, we had 46 for the year last year. Time of possession is down this year by over 2 minutes a game.

Bledsoe could have succeded here if TD had not IGNORED the line. Dallas does not have a great line. They start an undrafted FA at one tackle and a 6th round rookie at the other. When they had Flozell Adams at LT Bledsoe was lighting it up. He's a guy that needs a decent to good line, but JP is finding out the hard way that every QB does. Look at all the elite teams and you'll see good OL's. Flutie did well here with a weak line, but he only got so far with that. Like DB, if he had been given a decent OL to work with, he would have won a SB in Buffalo IMO.

finsrclowns
12-13-2005, 02:55 PM
You replace the 49ers, Browns, Cardinals and 2 games against how bad the Dolphins were last year with teams like Carolina, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Denver, improved Miami team and San Diego that equals to our record this season. Plus the Seahawks and Rams were playing awful when we beat them. The only team we beat with a winning record last year were the Seahawks.

Had we played them caliber of teams last season we would've been toast. Had we played a bunch of lightweights this season like last year our record would be better.

Our 9 wins last season were against teams with combined wins of about 35-40 We lost to every good team we played against.

We're in the worse division in football this year, last year it was one of the best. NE is much worse this year than last. So are the Jets. The fins are only marginally better this year. This year we had the terrible Saints on our schedule. Last year we had Jacksonville at home- this year a Falcons team with a decimated secondary. Last year we had Cincy on the road. Sorry I'm not buying this. Seattle has lost 4 games at home in 4 years. In the second half last year we were STOMPING teams- this year we are GETTING stomped. Football is a game of emotion- last year we had it this year we don't.

Iehoshua
12-13-2005, 02:58 PM

Stop confusing everyone with facts! Bledsoe can do no wrong! Hater! Please put on your #11 Cowboy jersey and cheer for Dallas the rest of the way else you were never a true Bills fan.

:crazy:

finsrclowns
12-13-2005, 03:07 PM
I've never seen so much love for a guy who had a losing record while he was here.

A guy who fumbles the ball almost 20 times a year. A guy who in 2003 had 13 TD's and 22 TO's.

A guy who in 2004 had more TO's then he did TD's against the easiest schedule in the league.

A guy who bombed out our last game of the season against Pittsbugh and fumbled the go ahead and game winning TD away.

A guy who couldn't lead us to the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the league and a defense that forced the most TO's in the league.

A guy who couldn't move the ball against a bunch of 3rd stringers and win the biggest game for our franchise in the past 7 years.

Still had the same supporters after he bombed out that 2003 season and we finished 5-11 with a "groomed veteran"

A guy who played with no heart and showed no interest the last 2 seasons.

3 years, 22-26, 59 TD's and 62 TO's and 140 sacks. Nuff' said.

The idiot Mularkey had a lot to do with it but a seasoned veteran(like some wanna proclaim) should've been able to take us further.

In Amigo world, 1+1 still equals three. We had one of the worse lines in the NFL while Drew was here. He did the best he could with it. Sacks/fumbles/bad games against good teams they all tell the same sad story- a line that could not pass block to save it's life. Bledsoe took more hits while he was here than any QB this side of David Carr. The fact that he showed up every week to work shows he had heart. The 2003 season Moulds was hurt most of the year, missed a few games and then tried without much luck to play on a torn groin. Josh Reed was our #1/#2 receiver, Bobby Shaw our #2/#3; not exactly Harrison and Wayne.

Ebenezer
12-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Guys who chose Drew Bledsoe:
Bill Parcells
Marv Levy

Guys who chose JP Losman:
Tom Donahoe
Mike Mularkey

you're only as smart as the company you keep.

realdealryan
12-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Bledsoe sounded like a tool for part of that interview. "Judging by the two teams this year....." or something like that. You can't really compare our team this year to our team last year, with or without Drew Bledsoe. We're better off without this guy. I hated watching him throw an incompletion on 3rd down and walk off the field like "oh well, try again next time". There are guys out there who play with emotion and it helps. Or at least it makes me feel better. I saw Bledsoe hugging Keyshawn Johnson when Tynes missed a potential game-winner this past weekend. Maybe he's just happier with Uncle Parcells than evil step-brother Mikey.

Drev8
12-13-2005, 03:21 PM
Bill Parcells
Marv Levy

Tom Donahoe
Mike Mularkey

I want JP to succeed just as much as everyone, but this quote from Ebenezer says it all!

Philagape
12-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Teams have no fear in sending the blitz against JP or in stacking the line against Willis because JP can't defeat it.

Just like last year.

Any objective analysis of last season shows that, when considering the reasons we won, Drew played fourth fiddle behind the defense, running game and ST. Now, those other three have been exposed as overrated (maybe not the ST so much) because we had a soft schedule.

If Drew had played for us this year, he's still be planted somewhere under the turf. IT WOULD NOT HAVE MATTERED. He proved in three years here that he needs good blocking, open receivers and a HOF coach to succeed ... all of which he has gotten in Dallas. Every time I've seen Drew play this year, I've marveled at all the time he has and how open his receivers are. The goal-line TD to the TE last week was all coaching. It's easy to hit WRs when they have a three-step lead on the DB. And almost every time the conditions have broken down around him, so has he. It's a good year for him, and now the percentage of his career that can be classified as good has increased from a quarter to a third. Hooray for him. QBs like him are ENTIRELY dependent on their surroundings. The good QBs bring something of their own to the table. Drew doesn't. Therefore we gain nothing by keeping him, and we would have lost time spent developing JP.

We made the right choice.

Ebenezer
12-13-2005, 03:27 PM
He proved in three years here that he needs good blocking, open receivers and a HOF coach to succeed

Compare Jim Kelly in 1986 and Jim Kelly in 1991...so did he.

That's right...the reasons given for wanting JP was that this team was out to win a SB and couldn't do that with DB...well, JP is a long long way from winning a SB and if he weren't a Bill most around here would be laughing at him...

pats-were-right
12-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Bill Parcells
Marv Levy

Tom Donahoe
Mike Mularkey

When did Levy "choose" Bledsoe? Donahoe pulled the trigger on that trade (and crowed mercilessly about it as to how much he screwed us - hence my existence on this board).

AndreReed83
12-13-2005, 03:28 PM
I think Bledsoe needs to worry about HIS team and HIS play.

Philagape
12-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Bill Parcells
Marv Levy

Tom Donahoe
Mike Mularkey

TD chose Drew too. Traded a first-round pick for him. Didn't work out real well, as I recall. That's one of the reasons TD has been a miserable failure.

pats-were-right
12-13-2005, 03:29 PM
well, JP is a long long way from winning a SB

And if you do a zero-sum analysis (anything short of championship is failure) then he's no further away than Bledsoe, so you might as well give the kid practice.

Iehoshua
12-13-2005, 03:32 PM
And if you do a zero-sum analysis (anything short of championship is failure) then he's no further away than Bledsoe, so you might as well give the kid practice.

Some may hate the Pats, but I love champion mentality.
:up:

Philagape
12-13-2005, 03:33 PM
That's right...the reasons given for wanting JP was that this team was out to win a SB and couldn't do that with DB...well, JP is a long long way from winning a SB and if he weren't a Bill most around here would be laughing at him...

That wasn't my reason. The reason for wanting him was to develop him ASAP. In my eyes, our fortunes were the same with or without DB, and therefore preparing for the future became the deciding factor.

I specifcally remember laughing at John Elway in 1983 when he lined up under a guard. Is it suddenly news that first-year QBs tend to struggle?

Philagape
12-13-2005, 03:34 PM
And speaking of choices, I'm guessing the Pats made the right one when they didn't give Drew his job back after he got healthy in 2001.

finsrclowns
12-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Just like last year.
Any objective analysis of last season shows that, when considering the reasons we won, Drew played fourth fiddle behind the defense, running game and ST. Now, those other three have been exposed as overrated (maybe not the ST so much) because we had a soft schedule.
If Drew had played for us this year, he's still be planted somewhere under the turf. IT WOULD NOT HAVE MATTERED. He proved in three years here that he needs good blocking, open receivers and a HOF coach to succeed ... all of which he has gotten in Dallas. Every time I've seen Drew play this year, I've marveled at all the time he has and how open his receivers are. The goal-line TD to the TE last week was all coaching. It's easy to hit WRs when they have a three-step lead on the DB. And almost every time the conditions have broken down around him, so has he. It's a good year for him, and now the percentage of his career that can be classified as good has increased from a quarter to a third. Hooray for him. QBs like him are ENTIRELY dependent on their surroundings. The good QBs bring something of their own to the table. Drew doesn't. Therefore we gain nothing by keeping him, and we would have lost time spent developing JP.

You could say the same about Tom Brady, except maybe more so. Great blocking, excellent receivers, hall of fame coach. Peyton Manning, great blocking, great receivers, great RB, good coach. Carson Palmer, great OL, great receiver, good coach. Ben Rothlisberger, great blocking, great running game, very good coach. Matt Hasselbeck, great OL, good receivers, great RB, good coach. Trent Green, great OL, good receivers, VG running back, great coach. Drew Brees, excellent OL, good receivers, great TE, great RB, good coach. These are the top rated QB's this year- are you sensing a trend?

Drew didn't do great here- he did as well as his line and receivers allowed him to. Why is this so complex to understand?

DynaPaul
12-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Come on guys, let's be honest. Do you think things would be any different this year with Bledsoe behind THIS crappy offensive line? We could have Joe Montana in his prime behind this o-line and he'd look like crap. Bledsoe can fool himself that we'd be better off with him as the starter but no QB/HB is going to suceed with these turnstiles in place.

Ebenezer
12-13-2005, 03:38 PM
TD chose Drew too. Traded a first-round pick for him. Didn't work out real well, as I recall. That's one of the reasons TD has been a miserable failure.
It's just amazing that the guys who yelled the loudest for JP over DB are now the ones yelling the loudest for TD's head...can't have it both ways guys.

Look, I never wanted DB here in the first place, but when all is said and done it is about winning...now...not tomorrow...not five years from now...JP did not bring us closer to winning...take a look at this team...it sucks...I would have rather rolled the dice and had a chance with DB this year (not to say they would have been a playoff team but I don't think they would look this bad)...you might not see the playoffs for three to five more years...enjoy. But that's ok...we'll take the word of a few DB bashers on a message board over what others around the NFL and media know.

finsrclowns
12-13-2005, 03:40 PM
And speaking of choices, I'm guessing the Pats made the right one when they didn't give Drew his job back after he got healthy in 2001.

If JP is the next Brady then I can see your point. With due respect to JP, the odds are far greater that in 5 years JP will be somewhere pumping gas than he'll be on the way to a hall of fame career. Look at the # of QB's that are drafted high every year and how many are still even in the league in 5 years. There aren't many Tom Brady's. And there aren't many Drew Bledsoe's either.

Ebenezer
Come on guys, let's be honest. Do you think things would be any different this year with Bledsoe behind THIS crappy offensive line? We could have Joe Montana in his prime behind this o-line and he'd look like crap. Bledsoe can fool himself that we'd be better off with him as the starter but no QB/HB is going to suceed with these turnstiles in place.
I don't think they would have made the playoffs but I don't think they would be this bad...4-12??? Do you possibly think this team would have been 4-12 with DB...

...and to those who say DB needed this that and the other thing to succeed...I guess you are right...it was better for a QB to go to a team with those things and succeed rather than die here...

pats-were-right

Some may hate the Pats, but I love champion mentality.
:up:

Of course it doesn't hurt that the Bills are toward the top of my "If the Pats were completely out of it I'd want ______ to win the SB" list.

. . . and that Dallas would be 32nd, right behind the Rams and Jets.

AndreReed83
12-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Why should TD not go because he made JP the starter? There is a LOT wrong with this team besides JP that hasn't been fixed. There are problems this team had 5 years ago that haven't been fixed. They're worse in fact.

L.A. Playa
12-13-2005, 03:43 PM
I think it wouldnt be that much of an issue if management had said , we are going to take a step back this year and start JP to take a step forward in the future, then stuck with the decision no matter what.

The fans where fed the bull**** line that this team is a playoff team and that the QB play would be the same or better with JP, I dont thin kpeople are totally frustrated with JP or his play, he has played about what should be expected from a first year player.

The main problem is management selling the team and thus tickets by saying this is a playoff team and this is the way we are going to play and then not play that way.

Bill Cody
12-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I think Bledsoe needs to worry about HIS team and HIS play.

Rome asked the question he didn't bring it up, and in case you didn't notice, Drew was player of the week this past week.

Philagape
12-13-2005, 03:59 PM
You could say the same about Tom Brady, except maybe more so. Great blocking, excellent receivers, hall of fame coach. Peyton Manning, great blocking, great receivers, great RB, good coach. Carson Palmer, great OL, great receiver, good coach. Ben Rothlisberger, great blocking, great running game, very good coach. Matt Hasselbeck, great OL, good receivers, great RB, good coach. Trent Green, great OL, good receivers, VG running back, great coach. Drew Brees, excellent OL, good receivers, great TE, great RB, good coach. These are the top rated QB's this year- are you sensing a trend?
Drew didn't do great here- he did as well as his line and receivers allowed him to. Why is this so complex to understand?

There's more from the past ... Favre, McNair, McNabb. So just get right to it and say that one QB isn't better than any other, that it never matters. That none of them have intangibles that set them apart (that's where it gets "complex," so stop me if I'm getting too deep here). Say right here that Drew Bledsoe is as good as Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Say it.

Philagape
12-13-2005, 04:02 PM
It's just amazing that the guys who yelled the loudest for JP over DB are now the ones yelling the loudest for TD's head...can't have it both ways guys.

If that was the only decision he's ever made, then you have a point. But considering everything else he's messed up ... little things like O-line and defense and coaching ... oh yes we can.

AndreReed83
12-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Rome asked the question he didn't bring it up, and in case you didn't notice, Drew was player of the week this past week.

You're right. He should keep going on tv shows and talking about other teams. I'm stupid for saying he should focus on the Cowboys and his performance each week. :coocoo:

pats-were-right
12-13-2005, 04:07 PM

Be sure to show up when the inevitable happens. . .

Philagape
12-13-2005, 04:14 PM

It's already happened several times this year.

finsrclowns
12-13-2005, 04:24 PM
There's more from the past ... Favre, McNair, McNabb. So just get right to it and say that one QB isn't better than any other, that it never matters. That none of them have intangibles that set them apart (that's where it gets "complex," so stop me if I'm getting too deep here). Say right here that Drew Bledsoe is as good as Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Say it.

You're too easy but reading comprehension doesn't appear to be your strong suit. I never said one QB isn't better than any other, that it never matters. What I did say is show me a top QB and I'll show you a strong supporting cast. Are you still following? Good.

Favre is widely considered one of the best QB's ever. This year he lost most of his line...and he leads the league in INT's and his team has won 3 games. He's won exactly ONE SB and he did it with (you guessed it), an excellent OL, good receivers, good RB, a good coach AND the league's #1 defense.

McNair has never won a SB, but the year he got in he had one of the league's best OL's, an excellent running game and a good coach.

McNabb has never won a SB, but he finally got in one last year with a good line, a good RB, TO, a good coach and a great D.

Bledsoe doesn't have to be considered as good as Manning or Brady to be a great player, a SB winning QB. A better question is, is he as good as guys like Doug Williams, Joe Theismann, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson?

dolphinssuck
12-13-2005, 04:30 PM
DB would not be sucessful behind the Bills O line this year either! Hes full of sour grapes but to a point I can understand because he feels he wasnt given a chance for another season after that big winning streak last season! But no way would he have us any further this season!

pats-were-right
12-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Bledsoe doesn't have to be considered as good as Manning or Brady to be a great player, a SB winning QB. A better question is, is he as good as guys like Doug Williams, Joe Theismann, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson?

Depends what you mean by "as good as". Bledsoe has better talent and "numbers" than all of them - the only close call from that standpoint is Theismann.

However, Johnson and Williams are/were MUCH better game managers throuhgout their careers and Rypien and Dilfer were better game managers for the one season they each won it all.

Bledsoe is not an effective game manager because he over-relies on his talent. While he's not a dope or idiot (as many New England fans believe) his belief that his talent trumps all causes him to make dopey idiotic decisions as the most inopportune times. That will never change.

finsrclowns
12-13-2005, 04:35 PM
It's already happened several times this year.

Phil Simms said last week that every QB in the league normally has 4 bad games. Tom Brady is having a Pro Bowl season, but how'd he do against Carolina, SD, Denver and KC? Bledsoe leads the NFL with 4 4th quarter comeback wins. Most of his troubles have come since they lost their LT. Look at how Trent Green has done this year while Willie Roaf was out- and he has a GREAT OL.

Novacane
12-13-2005, 04:39 PM

They won't! The lovers only come out of thier holes after his good games.
They were deafly silent after his performance agains the Giants last week

finsrclowns
12-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Depends what you mean by "as good as". Bledsoe has better talent and "numbers" than all of them - the only close call from that standpoint is Theismann.
However, Johnson and Williams are/were MUCH better game managers throuhgout their careers and Rypien and Dilfer were better game managers for the one season they each won it all.
Bledsoe is not an effective game manager because he over-relies on his talent. While he's not a dope or idiot (as many New England fans believe) his belief that his talent trumps all causes him to make dopey idiotic decisions as the most inopportune times. That will never change.

Every QB has strengths and weaknesses. I'm not saying those guys were bad QB's but all in all most objective observers would take Bledsoe over any of them. Bledsoe has his faults for sure but during his time in New England he only had a good running game a couple of those years so he had to take a lot of chances or they'd have no chance to win. When you look closely at the teams he's been on INT's have not been a huge problem. He's actually temperment wise a lot like Peyton Manning, a guy who has had an all world supporting cast but has often tried to do "too much" in a lot of big games. This year he has the D to go with it so he's dialed that back some and they're undefeated. Before it's all done he may be considered the best ever, but if you put Drew behind center on that offense there's no doubt he'd put up freakish #'s also.

Philagape
12-13-2005, 04:50 PM

Or Jeff Hostetler. Most of those players didn't LEAD their teams to SBs. They were along for the ride. If the sole factor is SB appearances, then Drew keeps company with Neil O'Donnell, Kerry Collins, David Woodley, Ken Anderson, Jim McMahon, Steve Grogan, Stan Humphries .......

Drew is the same type of QB as Jeff George, Dave Krieg and that sort. Good arms, inflated stats, good at times but not great. Guys known for quantity, not quality, and known more for their failures than successes.

realdealryan
12-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Misleading stat alert: Bledsoe has 4 4th quarter comebacks because 10 out of 13 games were decided by a touchdown or less. They've only put a couple teams away this year. Other than that...good points.

L.A. Playa
12-13-2005, 04:56 PM
If even a Pro Bowl QB has at least 4 bad games a year, then I guess its ok for JP asa 1st year starter to have had bad games against NO, TB, NE, ATL decent game against SD, CAR and KC and a good game against MIA and HOU means he is on track ??

Ebenezer
12-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Misleading stat alert: Bledsoe has 4 4th quarter comebacks because 10 out of 13 games were decided by a touchdown or less. They've only put a couple teams away this year. Other than that...good points.
here's the stat that counts....

Cowboys 8-5 and probably going to the playoffs, DB probably going to the ProBowl and maybe the HOF...

Bills 4-9 and going nowhere, JP struggling for at least another year...

Iehoshua
12-13-2005, 04:58 PM
Here's another stat: Bledsoe, 3 years in Buffalo. Bills go nowhere.

End of discussion.

Did Drew buy some of you a house or something??

Philagape
12-13-2005, 05:00 PM
here's the stat that counts....

Cowboys 8-5 and probably going to the playoffs, DB probably going to the ProBowl and maybe the HOF...

Bills 4-9 and going nowhere, JP struggling for at least another year...

Those are relevant if Buffalo and Dallas had the same o-lines, defense, coaching, etc.

Drew will get into the HOF when Testaverde, Esiason and Krieg do. Should they?

finsrclowns
12-13-2005, 05:02 PM
Or Jeff Hostetler. Most of those players didn't LEAD their teams to SBs. They were along for the ride. If the sole factor is SB appearances, then Drew keeps company with Neil O'Donnell, Kerry Collins, David Woodley, Ken Anderson, Jim McMahon, Steve Grogan, Stan Humphries .......
Drew is the same type of QB as Jeff George, Dave Krieg and that sort. Good arms, inflated stats, good at times but not great. Guys known for quantity, not quality, and known more for their failures than successes.

Winning the SB is VERY hard to do. Ask John Elway. He LED his team to 3 SB's and got tarred and feathered in all of them. Then....he got a 2000 yard rusher and an improved D and won 2 of them. Bledsoe is younger than Elway was when he won his first SB. If Elway had retired at 34, would he be considered a loser? Not by me, but apparently by you, if I'm following your point.

pats-were-right
12-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Those are relevant if Buffalo and Dallas had the same o-lines, defense, coaching, etc.
Drew will get into the HOF when Testaverde, Esiason and Krieg do. Should they?

Naaah - at this point he probably will get in the Hall over those guys because he's thrown for a lot of yards, the one impressive stat he owns.

L.A. Playa
12-13-2005, 05:04 PM
What is funny to me is that the national media last year basically said that Drew Bledsoe was the worst starting QB in the NFL and should be out of the league.

Now he is having a great year and leading the Cowboys to the playoffs and the Bills made a mistake and now JP is the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Both cannot be true so what is the common theme between the 2 statements.

The Bills had the worst starting QB in the league this year and got rid of him to upgrade with a young QB who is now even worse than Bledsoe and is the worst starting QB in the NFL.

The Facts are where he stands in his development as of right now JP is the worst starting QB in the NFL, but as this team from the top down consists the Bills would not be playoff bound no matter who the QB is .

pats-were-right
12-13-2005, 05:06 PM
He [Elway] LED his team to 3 SB's

There's the big difference there.

bernielivsey_1
12-13-2005, 05:06 PM
:brace: Drew with our line, our coaches and our luck would = 5-11 or 6-10 at best. JP has this year and next year to develop cause they are both gonna be washes. WOW at least another year of this non playoff football YUK :cry:

Ebenezer
12-13-2005, 05:07 PM
What is funny to me is that the national media last year basically said that Drew Bledsoe was the worst starting QB in the NFL and should be out of the league.

Link??

BSXIII
12-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Link??

I think he's confusing the national media with the Amigos.

L.A. Playa
12-13-2005, 05:09 PM
watching CBS Pre Game show last year they used to bag on Bledsoe all the time calling him a statue

pats-were-right
12-13-2005, 05:11 PM
watching CBS Pre Game show last year they used to bag on Bledsoe all the time calling him a statue

well umm, he is - he's playing relatively well this year but he still is what he is.

Iehoshua
12-13-2005, 05:13 PM
watching CBS Pre Game show last year they used to bag on Bledsoe all the time calling him a statue Anyone who watched any Bills games last year knows this.

I remember one of Shannon Sharpe's jokes, something about the only thing sacked more than Bledsoe in Western NY is groceries.

finsrclowns
12-13-2005, 05:14 PM

Now he is having a great year and leading the Cowboys to the playoffs and the Bills made a mistake and now JP is the worst starting QB in the NFL.

Both cannot be true so what is the common theme between the 2 statements.

The Bills had the worst starting QB in the league this year and got rid of him to upgrade with a young QB who is now even worse than Bledsoe and is the worst starting QB in the NFL.

The Facts are where he stands in his development as of right now JP is the worst starting QB in the NFL, but as this team from the top down consists the Bills would not be playoff bound no matter who the QB is .

I don't know of any national media saying DB was the worst starting QB in the league last year. Link? There is no doubt JP is playing worse than DB did here last year. None. It's to be expected, he's basically a rookie and he has a bad OL. But noone gave DB a break here when he struggled behind a bad OL the last 3 years. IMO it's a lot easier to build a line than find a franchise QB. TD chose to replace the QB. We'll see how that works out.

Novacane
12-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Playa is right. I remember a lot of the national media saying it was time for the Bills to move on.

L.A. Playa
12-13-2005, 05:16 PM
maybe iam thinking of 2 years ago, but I know the national media was saying Bledsoe was don at some point all these playoffless season just kinda mold into the next

Philagape
12-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Winning the SB is VERY hard to do. Ask John Elway. He LED his team to 3 SB's and got tarred and feathered in all of them. Then....he got a 2000 yard rusher and an improved D and won 2 of them. Bledsoe is younger than Elway was when he won his first SB. If Elway had retired at 34, would he be considered a loser? Not by me, but apparently by you, if I'm following your point.

You didn't follow my point. I didn't call any of those QBs losers. I was listing some who have accomplished what Drew has, in relation to the SB.

Drew Bledsoe did not win a SB. He sat on the bench while his team won one. Just like Rob Johnson.

Elway, by the way, was the MVP of one of his SB wins. And the fact that he played in five of them says something, too, at least from an individual standpoint. And he won a league MVP, did he not?

finsrclowns
12-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Anyone who watched any Bills games last year knows this.

I remember one of Shannon Sharpe's jokes, something about the only thing sacked more than Bledsoe in Western NY is groceries.

Of course he is. Pocket passers are what win in the NFL. Get back to me when a running QB wins a SB (other than Steve Young and he was also a great passer).

The "national media" and many NFL fans have probably also concluded David Carr sucks. He's been sacked more than Drew the last few years and he's a terrific athlete. I don't think you can judge him fairly behind that OL. I don't judge JP yet either, but if I had to choose between the two I'd give the edge to Carr based mostly on accuracy.

L.A. Playa
12-13-2005, 05:22 PM
If management said, "We feel we can win with Drew Beldsoe and be a playoff contender, but we have decided to take a step back because we invested a 1st rd pick in JP because we feel with the talent we will put behind him he has the capability to lead this team to a championship. This year will be a hard year for the team but a neccessary one as all young QB's struggle to learn the position, but you cant learn without playing. We hope for a Ben R type of year out of JP, but that has been the exception and not the rule in the past. SO please continue to support us as we try to bring a championship to Buffalo."

But they didnt they led the public to believe starting JP was an upgrade from Drew, and considering the Bills where 1 win from the playoffs last year thats saying we will be in the playoffs with JP this year.

Nice PR move to raise season tickets, but the aftermath of all this is probably going to be a sharp drop in season tickets and alot of speculation of the teams future in Buffalo.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2005, 05:25 PM
To sum up:

1. Drew supporters say we would have been a better team this year with Dredsoe. However they also admit we would most likely still have missed the playoffs with the oline as it is. Result: no playoffs, no experience for JP, more money wasted on Drew.

2. Bills' QB, i.e, JP, supporters say this was a lost year no matter what and developing JP was in the best interest of the team. Result: no playoffs, get experience for JP so he is prepared for his second starting season a la Eli Manning.

Seems like a pretty obvious choice to me.

And even if Drew was the best QB in history, it is still a moot point. He was VISIBLY losing it (think back to that Oakland game where he literally looked like he was going to cry) and nothing more needs to be said. He was mentally f**ked up and he wasn't going to help the Bills no matter what TD did after that. It is amazing how the Drewids seem to forget his state of mind from the '03 season on. He was a complete deer in the headlights. Whoever disagrees with that has his head firmly in the sand.

He had to go. Period.

And btw, I wholeheartedly agree with everything pats were right said, even tho I despise the pats. He had to suffer 9 years with Dredsoe. I value his opinion on Drew more than anyone's on this board save for NE39. They watched him alot more than any of us and can first hand say what he was like. A deep ball throwing statue that has a 58.2 career playoff rating who throws 4 INTs for every 5 TDs....not to mention the fumbles.

But I guess this is what we can argue about until we start winning again. It is what we fans of loser teams are relegated to doing....bickering about moot points.

finsrclowns
12-13-2005, 05:30 PM
You didn't follow my point. I didn't call any of those QBs losers. I was listing some who have accomplished what Drew has, in relation to the SB.
Drew Bledsoe did not win a SB. He sat on the bench while his team won one. Just like Rob Johnson.
Elway, by the way, was the MVP of one of his SB wins. And the fact that he played in five of them says something, too, at least from an individual standpoint. And he won a league MVP, did he not?

Elway is in my top 5 QB's of all time. Simply a great QB. I was only pointing out he was unable to win a SB without the benefit of Terrell Davis. And he did so after the age of 33. The book on Bledsoe is not yet closed. He needs to win a SB to be considered in the realm of all time great QB's IMO. He has a chance, although not much of one this year. OK?

Rob Johnson has not won 2 AFC championship games, there is NO comparison between the 2 guys. NE doesn't win their first SB if Bledsoe doesn't come off the bench having not played for 3 months and win against Pitt (not a great performance but good enough).

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Rob Johnson has not won 2 AFC championship games, there is NO comparison between the 2 guys.

Nor is there any comparison between Elway and Drew. Irrelevant points imo.

pats-were-right
12-13-2005, 05:36 PM
NE doesn't win their first SB if Bledsoe doesn't come off the bench having not played for 3 months and win against Pitt (not a great performance but good enough).

And that describes the '96 SB run as well (only difference is he did it twice). Elway on the other hand LED his team to five SB's and won two of them.

But yes, I agree, Bledsoe is MUCH better than Rob Johnson. As someone brought up though, he just isn't much better than Vinny Testaverde and Dave Kreig.

Bill Cody
12-13-2005, 06:06 PM
They won't! The lovers only come out of thier holes after his good games.
They were deafly silent after his performance agains the Giants last week

And you guys only bring him upm after bad games, which are much fewer this year.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2005, 06:27 PM
I remember in week 1 how the Philster or fairway were laughing their ass off because Marino said Bledsoe was the best free agent pick up last off-season.

I guess that makes the Bills cutting him the worst off-season move.

finsrclowns
12-13-2005, 06:55 PM
If management said, "We feel we can win with Drew Beldsoe and be a playoff contender, but we have decided to take a step back because we invested a 1st rd pick in JP because we feel with the talent we will put behind him he has the capability to lead this team to a championship. This year will be a hard year for the team but a neccessary one as all young QB's struggle to learn the position, but you cant learn without playing. We hope for a Ben R type of year out of JP, but that has been the exception and not the rule in the past. SO please continue to support us as we try to bring a championship to Buffalo."

But they didnt they led the public to believe starting JP was an upgrade from Drew, and considering the Bills where 1 win from the playoffs last year thats saying we will be in the playoffs with JP this year.

Nice PR move to raise season tickets, but the aftermath of all this is probably going to be a sharp drop in season tickets and alot of speculation of the teams future in Buffalo.

I don't think they said it because I don't think they believed it. It certainly would have helped if they did though. I think the reason they didn't was they thought the OL was ok and Bledsoe's immobility was the problem and they overestimated how ready JP was based on the highly unusual Ben Rothlisberger situation. The truth is mobile QB's still need pass protection and we don't have it. That's the reason TD deserves the boot.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2005, 06:58 PM
2005 Bledsoe
11th ranked
RAT: 89.5
YP Attempt: 7.44
300+ Yard games: 3
200+ yard games: 6
TDs: 20
INTs: 11
Fumbles: 14
Sacks: 32
Rushing TDs: 2

Losman (32nd Rank)
RAT: 64.9
YPA: 5.88
300+ Yard games: 0
200+ yard games: 1
100+ yard games: 6
Less 100 Yards: 2
TDs: 8
INTs: 8
Fumbles: 7
Sacks: 26
Rushing TDs: 0

L.A. Playa
12-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Management knew I dont buy that the "football" minds didnt know they where taking a step back this year, part of the reason they came out with the throwback uniforms this year to create more excitement sell more tickets and jersey's

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2005, 08:25 PM
2005 Bledsoe
11th ranked
RAT: 89.5
YP Attempt: 7.44
300+ Yard games: 3
200+ yard games: 6
TDs: 20
INTs: 11
Fumbles: 14
Sacks: 32
Rushing TDs: 2

Losman (32nd Rank)
RAT: 64.9
YPA: 5.88
300+ Yard games: 0
200+ yard games: 1
100+ yard games: 6
Less 100 Yards: 2
TDs: 8
INTs: 8
Fumbles: 7
Sacks: 26
Rushing TDs: 0

I like the 25 turnovers Drew has...5 of which were directly returned for TDs.

Here's another comparison....

Drew:

12 years (185 games).
Good oline.
Great gameplanning.
HoF coach.

JP:

9 GAMES.
S**ty oline.
S**ty gameplanning.
S**ty coach.

Philagape
12-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Only an absolute ******ed idiot would hold a first-year starter and 13-year vet to the same standards.

Philagape
12-13-2005, 08:33 PM
And it would take an even greater ******ed idiot to make a straight comparison apart from the conditions

Bill Cody
12-13-2005, 10:07 PM
I like the 25 turnovers Drew has...5 of which were directly returned for TDs.

Here's a fun fact for you: not all fumbles are turnovers.:lmao:

And BTW, only 3 were returned for TD's and only 2 were factors in the games outcomes.

Bill Cody
12-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Drew:

12 years (185 games).
Good oline.
Great gameplanning.
HoF coach.

JP:

9 GAMES.
S**ty oline.
S**ty gameplanning.
S**ty coach.

How about:

Drew- headed for HOF

JP- destined to be a Mount Rushmore sized bust and will be LONG out of the league before 12 years.

Philagape
12-13-2005, 10:20 PM
How about:

Drew- headed for HOF

JP- destined to be a Mount Rushmore sized bust and will be LONG out of the league before 12 years.

This is a child in fantasyland.

Drew is interchangeable with dozens and dozens of strong-armed mannequins, and that class of QB just isn't elite and doesn't get into the HOF. Any QB with a decent arm can do anything Drew can do. There is nothing unique about him. He has no creativity, no sixth sense, no intangibles. He can't make something out of nothing like the great ones can. He can't take any credit when he does well because his success is entirely dependent on his conditions, unlike the great ones, the HOFers. He's a piece of meat.

And only an unhealthy love of that meat can explain boneheaded dismissals of a first-year QB.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2005, 10:25 PM
And BTW, only 3 were returned for TD's and only 2 were factors in the games outcomes.

That is 2 losses. Glad you think that is acceptable for an "elite QB". Spoken like a true DrewBlueFan. :funny:

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2005, 10:30 PM
How about:

Drew- headed for HOF

How about:

If you are seriously judging JP on 9 games playing for a broken team, you don't have the first clue about football.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Did Drew buy some of you a house or something??

:roflmao:

Good one. :up:

BSXIII
12-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Drew is interchangeable with dozens and dozens of strong-armed mannequins, and that class of QB just isn't elite and doesn't get into the HOF. Any QB with a decent arm can do anything Drew can do. There is nothing unique about him. He has no creativity, no sixth sense, no intangibles. He can't make something out of nothing like the great ones can. He can't take any credit when he does well because his success is entirely dependent on his conditions, unlike the great ones, the HOFers. He's a piece of meat.
And only an unhealthy love of that meat can explain boneheaded dismissals of a first-year QB.

No, that is living in fantasy land. This isn't Star Wars, none of these stupid cliches apply. Every QB has been dependent on those around them. Elway, Montana, Unitas, Favre etc. all had far more seasons end where they came up short of the ultimate goal. Every team that has ever won the Super Bowl has been pretty stacked with talent, and every QB that has ever played the game has had some bad years where they barely lead their team to mediocrity. Sure you can look at the years they won and hype the hell out of them, but they had far more years where they didn't win it all or "choked when it really mattered". Hence they didn't create something out of nothing.

Elite QB's enhance their team and make their teammates better, but they do not singlehandidly win Super Bowls. There are examples of this in any example you can come up.

As for Bledsoe being interchangable with dozens and dozen of other strong armed QBs, where are all the QB's with his career accomplishments. Why can't they last 13 years in the league, and have a Pro Bowl season in their 13th year after leaving a train wreck? That right there is a pretty special trait to have.

Night Train
12-14-2005, 02:15 AM
The main reasons we stink this season is TD not getting us the talent and MMs' inability to Coach. .

Bledsoe wouldn't have made any difference. We'd still be 4-9.

Keep masking the obvious with more Bledsoe nonsense. :coocoo:

Bill Cody
12-14-2005, 08:05 AM
How about:

If you are seriously judging JP on 9 games playing for a broken team, you don't have the first clue about football.

It's the same broken team you've been judging Bledsoe on for 3 years. Lossman is going to get his chances. He's not a bust yet- I'll give him a while longer to show something. But keep a good supply of plaster of paris around, just in case.:funny:

Bill Cody
12-14-2005, 08:11 AM
That is 2 losses. Glad you think that is acceptable for an "elite QB". Spoken like a true DrewBlueFan. :funny:

Wrong. But it's ok, keep making things up this is getting funny. In one case the Cowboys still had a chip shot FG to win the game, in the other the DT almost took the handoff and it was 0% the QB's fault. He's had turnovers, but he's the main reason the Cowboys are still in the playoff hunt.

Bill Cody
12-14-2005, 08:18 AM

:lmao: That's funny. They've been hundreds and hundreds of pro QB's playing this game over the years, how come so few have done what Drew has done if it's so easy? Get back to me when Lossman is more than wasted draft picks.

Iehoshua
12-14-2005, 08:56 AM
the Cowboys are still in the playoff hunt. Since you're obviously in love with Drew and the Cowboys, why waste your time beating a dead horse arguing a point which you're not going to change your opinion and have no chance in changing anyone elses on a Bills site? I am sure there are a ton of Cowboy fan sites out there where you can have group orgies with Dallas fans about how wonderful your QB is and that your team is one game from being eliminated but that's okay, because you have such god-like QB?

Bill Cody
12-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Since you're obviously in love with Drew and the Cowboys, why waste your time beating a dead horse arguing a point which you're not going to change your opinion and have no chance in changing anyone elses on a Bills site? I am sure there are a ton of Cowboy fan sites out there where you can have group orgies with Dallas fans about how wonderful your QB is and that your team is one game from being eliminated but that's okay, because you have such god-like QB?

Do you do standup?:lmao: You're posting in this thread, so why are you wasting YOUR time? Why do you continue to bash a guy not on the Bills? If my posting bothers you, put me on ignore, believe me I won't care.:funny: I didn't start this thread but I have every right to give my opinions and you're not going to tell me what team to root for or what message board to hang out at.

Iehoshua
12-14-2005, 09:25 AM
Do you do standup?:lmao: You're posting in this thread, so why are you wasting YOUR time? Why do you continue to bash a guy not on the Bills? If my posting bothers you, put me on ignore, believe me I won't care.:funny: I didn't start this thread but I have every right to give my opinions and you're not going to tell me what team to root for or what message board to hang out at. It was only a suggestion, I'm not telling you what you have to do nor would I. Your posts are the current freakshow of the Zone and it's more fun to disect your post's absurdities and watch you make a fool of yourself. Forgive me for trying to stop the pain. If you wish to continue your public thrashings, be my guest.

:peace:

Bill Cody
12-14-2005, 09:58 AM
It was only a suggestion, I'm not telling you what you have to do nor would I. Your posts are the current freakshow of the Zone and it's more fun to disect your post's absurdities and watch you make a fool of yourself. Forgive me for trying to stop the pain. If you wish to continue your public thrashings, be my guest.

:peace:

If I'm going to be thrashed I sincerely doubt it will be at the hands of someone like yourself whose weak, mostly negative posts indicate very little in the way of real football knowledge but instead suggest some serious man love for the flowing locks of JP.:peace:

Iehoshua
12-14-2005, 10:16 AM
If I'm going to be thrashed I sincerely doubt it will be at the hands of someone like yourself whose weak, mostly negative posts indicate very little in the way of real football knowledge but instead suggest some serious man love for the flowing locks of JP.:peace:You just exposed yourself. I've been posting here way before the flowing locks of JP ever saw the inside of a Bills helmet, so your theory is nullified.

You on the other hand, are just like all the other trolls who have come and gone, just a flash in the pan trying to stir people up. I look forward to the day you are :banned:

:bigwave:

Bill Cody
12-14-2005, 10:30 AM
You just exposed yourself. I've been posting here way before the flowing locks of JP ever saw the inside of a Bills helmet, so your theory is nullified.

You on the other hand, are just like all the other trolls who have come and gone, just a flash in the pan trying to stir people up. I look forward to the day you are :banned:

:bigwave:

Yes, and when JP is flipping burgers in a few years at the local McD's you'll find a new object for your affections.:funny: I'm not a troll, I actually have a clue on how the game of football is played. We all have our favorite players, but personally I don't believe in spending countless hundreds of posts dogging one guy even after he's off the team like you and your minions. As for you looking forward to my being banned, that's pretty unfriendly, isn't it? I don't wish for you to be banned, I need the laughs.:funny: We're all Bills fans and stating one's opinions, even if it's occassionally heated is what the board is all about. Merry Christmas Darth!:bighug:

Iehoshua
12-14-2005, 10:34 AM
:(

Now I feel bad for ripping you.

Bill Cody
12-14-2005, 10:50 AM
:(

Now I feel bad for ripping you.

You should.:funny: Nah, just kidding it's all good.

:gobills:

pats-were-right
12-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Yes, and when JP is flipping burgers in a few years at the local McD's

Worst case scenario - this becomes true. You should STILL understand why the Bills did what they did.

In the late '80's the Cowboys had a few mediocre seasons with an ok, but not great, QB by the name of Steve Pelluer. When Jones and Johnson arrived, rather than settle for mediocrity for a few more seasons, they blew the whole thing up and exclusively used two completely unproven rookies named Steve Walsh and Troy Aikman to see what the heck they had. The immediate result: a 1-15 disaster, that improved to 7-9, then 11-5 and in the FOURTH year, a SB win.

Losman may turn out to be Aikman, he may turn out to be Walsh - only one way to find out, and that's what you're doing now.

And no, Bledsoe was NOT going to pull a Kitna/Dilfer and mentor the guy, so the Cincinatti / Cleveland model was not going to work.

Bill Cody
12-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Worst case scenario - this becomes true. You should STILL understand why the Bills did what they did.

In the late '80's the Cowboys had a few mediocre seasons with an ok, but not great, QB by the name of Steve Pelluer. When Jones and Johnson arrived, rather than settle for mediocrity for a few more seasons, they blew the whole thing up and exclusively used two completely unproven rookies named Steve Walsh and Troy Aikman to see what the heck they had. The immediate result: a 1-15 disaster, that improved to 7-9, then 11-5 and in the FOURTH year, a SB win.

Losman may turn out to be Aikman, he may turn out to be Walsh - only one way to find out, and that's what you're doing now.

And no, Bledsoe was NOT going to pull a Kitna/Dilfer and mentor the guy, so the Cincinatti / Cleveland model was not going to work.

Let's be completely honest here- how can anyone take the opinions of someone who goes on an opponent's board calling themselves "pats were right" on the subject of Drew Bledsoe seriously? Or even putting Drew Bledsoe and Steve Pelluer in any kind of similar context? It's a joke.

Look I'm done with this "debate". It's moot anyway, the Bills did what they did for better or for worse. Whether you agreed or disagreed with the decision to jettison DB, this much has been PROVEN to be obvious- Bledsoe was not the problem here- the OL was. The haters can't have it both ways, saying DB was the problem and then blaming the OL for JP's failures, that's doesn't wash. Let JP play behind a similar OL group and in three years he'll be an experienced corpse.

Philagape
12-14-2005, 11:49 AM
:lmao: That's funny. They've been hundreds and hundreds of pro QB's playing this game over the years, how come so few have done what Drew has done if it's so easy? Get back to me when Lossman is more than wasted draft picks.

So tell me, what skills does Drew possess that makes him special, as opposed to a run-of-the-mill strong arm good enough to start but not a great one? I'm talking about quality here, not quantity. Just what has Drew done? 40,000 yards is nothing when you have 6,000 attempts. What's his success-to-failure ratio? Career rating? Career record? How many poor-to-mediocre seasons has he had? Show that you have something substantial to say instead of laughing like a child. Show some football knowledge, professor. (No one who has football knowledge dismisses the future of a first-year QB.)

Anyone who actually watched Drew play here know he was a problem. The bad throws. The turnovers. The deer-in-headlights pocket presence. Feeding on weak defenses and folding against good ones, and that trend has continued.

In Dallas, Drew is enjoying plenty of time and open receivers. He's little more than a piece of wood on Parcells' chess board. Every big play I've seen him make, 15 or 20 other QBs could have done. There has never been one play of which a team could say, "Good thing we had Drew Bledsoe, or that play would not have been made."

pats-were-right
12-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Let's be completely honest here- how can anyone take the opinions of someone who goes on an opponent's board calling themselves "pats were right" on the subject of Drew Bledsoe seriously? Or even putting Drew Bledsoe and Steve Pelluer in any kind of similar context? It's a joke.

Look I'm done with this "debate". It's moot anyway, the Bills did what they did for better or for worse. Whether you agreed or disagreed with the decision to jettison DB, this much has been PROVEN to be obvious- Bledsoe was not the problem here- the OL was. The haters can't have it both ways, saying DB was the problem and then blaming the OL for JP's failures, that's doesn't wash. Let JP play behind a similar OL group and in three years he'll be an experienced corpse.

That analogy doesn't suit you? here's another.

In 1997 we (Pats) had a defense full of players that looked like a pro bowl roster, multiple weapons at offense, a veteran offensive line that had been playing together for three seasons, few injuries, a solid kicking game, and Curtis Martin at running back. Heck, Pete Carroll hadn't been completely figured out by the rest of the league yet so our coaching didn't kill us provided we had veteran leadership.

Basicaly we HAD all the ingredients you claim Drew needs to succeed.

And he did. In 1997 he was in his prime age-wise, and he put up the best season of his career.

Problem is that in one of the last games of the season he laid a stink bomb against Pittsburgh in Foxboro. That caused us to lose the second seeding in the playoffs to them (Denver was the first seed - he played like crap there too).

Second round of the playoffs in the "Burgh the guy can't "lead" us to more than six points.

That's what you get with the guy under ideal conditions. That's what Dallas is going to get (in a best case scenario).

Bill Cody
12-14-2005, 12:24 PM
So tell me, what skills does Drew possess that makes him special, as opposed to a run-of-the-mill strong arm good enough to start but not a great one? I'm talking about quality here, not quantity. Just what has Drew done? 40,000 yards is nothing when you have 6,000 attempts. What's his success-to-failure ratio? Career rating? Career record? How many poor-to-mediocre seasons has he had? Show that you have something substantial to say instead of laughing like a child. Show some football knowledge, professor. (No one who has football knowledge dismisses the future of a first-year QB.)

Anyone who actually watched Drew play here know he was a problem. The bad throws. The turnovers. The deer-in-headlights pocket presence. Feeding on weak defenses and folding against good ones, and that trend has continued.

In Dallas, Drew is enjoying plenty of time and open receivers. He's little more than a piece of wood on Parcells' chess board. Every big play I've seen him make, 15 or 20 other QBs could have done. There has never been one play of which a team could say, "Good thing we had Drew Bledsoe, or that play would not have been made."

I think Bill Parcells is one of the greatest coaches ever. There is no doubt he has forgotten more about football than you've ever known. He drafted DB #1 and has always said he thinks he's a good player. He likes Bledsoe's arm, competitiveness, toughness and durability. He was fully aware of everything that happened here in Buffalo. It took him only a couple of days after he was released here for BP to pick him up In Dallas and Drew hasn't disapointed him this year as he's very likely going back to the Pro Bowl for the 5th time. I don't really care what you think about DB and I have no interest in trying to persuade you of anything- think what you want. I value Bill Parcells opinion over yours all day and twice on Sundays. Have a great day!:up:

Iehoshua
12-14-2005, 12:38 PM
I think Bill Parcells is one of the greatest coaches ever. There is no doubt he has forgotten more about football than you've ever known. He drafted DB #1 and has always said he thinks he's a good player. He likes Bledsoe's arm, competitiveness, toughness and durability. He was fully aware of everything that happened here in Buffalo. It took him only a couple of days after he was released here for BP to pick him up In Dallas and Drew hasn't disapointed him this year as he's very likely going back to the Pro Bowl for the 5th time. I don't really care what you think about DB and I have no interest in trying to persuade you of anything- think what you want. I value Bill Parcells opinion over yours all day and twice on Sundays. Have a great day!:up: See this post from me in '04 for my opinion of Drew and Parcells. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=771971#post771971

(http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=771971&postcount=3)

pleasesavedrew
12-14-2005, 01:39 PM

Hes to classy a guy to do that, even though he's right. You may not like the kind of football Drew plays, but you need to respect his personallity.

Philagape
12-14-2005, 02:28 PM
I think Bill Parcells is one of the greatest coaches ever. There is no doubt he has forgotten more about football than you've ever known. He drafted DB #1 and has always said he thinks he's a good player. He likes Bledsoe's arm, competitiveness, toughness and durability. He was fully aware of everything that happened here in Buffalo. It took him only a couple of days after he was released here for BP to pick him up In Dallas and Drew hasn't disapointed him this year as he's very likely going back to the Pro Bowl for the 5th time. I don't really care what you think about DB and I have no interest in trying to persuade you of anything- think what you want. I value Bill Parcells opinion over yours all day and twice on Sundays. Have a great day!:up:

A coach compliments his QB. Wow, that's news.
It's well-known that he prefers players he's familiar with; that's why Terri Glenn and Meshawn are his receivers and Vinny was there last year. Drew's just the latest in a trend.

And I'm sure all Parcells cares about is his players going to the Pro Bowl.

Mr. Cynical
12-14-2005, 02:36 PM
It's the same broken team you've been judging Bledsoe on for 3 years. Lossman is going to get his chances. He's not a bust yet- I'll give him a while longer to show something. But keep a good supply of plaster of paris around, just in case.:funny:

One last time...

185 games.

9 games.

And with that I'm done with this thread. :up:

Bill Cody
12-14-2005, 02:44 PM
A coach compliments his QB. Wow, that's news.
It's well-known that he prefers players he's familiar with; that's why Terri Glenn and Meshawn are his receivers and Vinny was there last year. Drew's just the latest in a trend.

And I'm sure all Parcells cares about is his players going to the Pro Bowl.

Spin it however you like, he's been very complimentary of Drew when he wasn't on his team and he's not the type to do that unless he believes it. He's not coaching at this point as a hobby or to hang around with old buddies, he wants to win. And he feels he can do that with Drew. Think he would take a trade of Drew for Lossman straight up? :funny: On the other side we have TD/Mularkey/Amigos that think Lossman is the way to go. Hmmm...:funny:

Lossman's apparently hurt again, BTW. Tough to improve on that 64 QB rating from the hot tub.

Iehoshua
12-14-2005, 02:47 PM
MMmmmm... Hot tub.... :drool:

Philagape
12-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Tough to improve on that 64 QB rating from the hot tub.

Drew Bledsoe's QB rating in his rookie year: 65.0 :funny:

In his third year: 63.7

Career: 77.5

JP doesn't have far to go to match his predecessor. :funny:

I'd take him in a one-for-one trade 10 times out of 10. JP's future is an unknown, but Drew is a known failure.

Iehoshua
12-14-2005, 03:13 PM
:hail: Philagape's Wisdom

Philagape
12-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Nah ... it doesn't take a lot of wisdom, just a glance at Drew's career :ill:

pats-were-right
12-14-2005, 03:29 PM
I'd take him in a one-for-one trade 10 times out of 10. JP's future is an unknown, but Drew is a known failure.

I don't know if you an call anyone who's lasted as long as him a "failure".

On the other hand -- Not worth a #1 overall pick? Not worthy of half the pro bowls he was selected to? Artificially inflated stats derived from the large number of times he's thrown the ball? Big game choker? Yes to all counts.

Mr. Cynical
12-14-2005, 03:32 PM
I don't know if you an call anyone who's lasted as long as him a "failure".

On the other hand -- Not worth a #1 overall pick? Not worthy of half the pro bowls he was selected to? Artificially inflated stats derived from the large number of times he's thrown the ball? Big game choker? Yes to all counts.

Damn. Couldn't resist one more post. :snicker:

Failure? No. Ryan Leaf is a failure. Overrated, overhyped, overpaid and over the hill? Yep.

His career playoff numbers:

129-for-252 (51.2%), 1,335 Yds (5.3 Yds/Att), 6 TD, 10 Int, 58.2 QB Rating.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=42180

DynaPaul
12-14-2005, 03:42 PM
I don't think they would have made the playoffs but I don't think they would be this bad...4-12??? Do you possibly think this team would have been 4-12 with DB...

...and to those who say DB needed this that and the other thing to succeed...I guess you are right...it was better for a QB to go to a team with those things and succeed rather than die here...

Maybe we'd be 8 - 8? What difference does it make? We'd still be out of contention.

pats-were-right
12-14-2005, 03:47 PM
NE39's narrative was excellent and completely on the money. I would have been too lazy to compile all that.

Bill Cody
12-14-2005, 04:35 PM

QB rating isn't the be all end all by any stretch. Elway's career rating was 79.9. Aaron Brooks has a higher rating than Johnny Unitas. The rating system rewards west coast offense or short passing guys and punishes down the field passing guys that throw the occasional pick on a bomb that might be the equivalent of a punt anyway.

And before we slam Bledsoe for post season failures, there have been a ton of great QB's that have had post season failures, guys like Manning, Favre, Elway, Marino, Kelly in the big game,etc. Sometimes you run into a superior opponent or your team gets overmatched physically. It happens- they're not playing tennis. Let's see JP guide us to a winning record before casting a bunch of stones at DB.

Philagape
12-14-2005, 04:43 PM
QB rating isn't the be all end all by any stretch.

You're the one who brought up JP's.

Bill Cody
12-14-2005, 05:56 PM
You're the one who brought up JP's.

I know. I was surprised it was that high.:funny:

Philagape
12-14-2005, 06:24 PM
See, you're not even a Bills fan. You're all about insulting the guy who replaced your hero, in the face of all intelligence and logic and facts.
That's not being a fan, that's being a troll. Welcome to the ignore list.

Bill Cody
12-14-2005, 07:54 PM
See, you're not even a Bills fan. You're all about insulting the guy who replaced your hero, in the face of all intelligence and logic and facts.
That's not being a fan, that's being a troll. Welcome to the ignore list.

Promise?:funny:

Lossman has shown a decent long ball. But otherwise 9 games in he still looks as green as grass. Will he ever "get it"? Maybe, but color me skeptical. Here's some logic for you- it's much easier to build a solid OL than it is to find a franchise QB. It will be years before Lossman is a polished QB, IF it ever happens. IMO TD would have much better served rebuilding the OL. That makes me a troll? Why because I disagree with you? Whatever. Put this debate aside. A year from now I'm guessing my opinion won't be so unusual. Am I rooting against him? No. Just like the "amigos" weren't rooting against DB, right?

illusionone
12-14-2005, 09:59 PM
My only question is . . . . Why is it that when Bledsoe was here and the O-line sucked it was Bledsoe's a bumb, Bledsoe is a failer, but now that JP is going throught some of the same issues people are saying, it's not JP's falt, you can't pin this on him. It's those same people giving JP slack, that are still calling Bledsoe a failure.

Bledsoe didn't actually get a fair deal here, he had great weopons the first year, but ****ty coaches who never adjusted a game plan. Year two, they strip his recievers, blocking TE and bring on new coaches. They never even attempted to fix the O-line with Free agents in the 3 years he was here.

Regardless of what you guys think, I for one am happy he's doing good. It gives me something to route for, because this team is a complete mess and will be in rebuilding mode for at least another 3 years.

My two cents

Philagape
12-14-2005, 10:06 PM
My only question is . . . . Why is it that when Bledsoe was here and the O-line sucked it was Bledsoe's a bumb, Bledsoe is a failer, but now that JP is going throught some of the same issues people are saying, it's not JP's falt, you can't pin this on him. It's those same people giving JP slack, that are still calling Bledsoe a failure.

1. Because Bledsoe made plenty of mistakes that were entirely his fault.

2. JP is in his first year. His mistakes are his fault too, but I think he should be given time to improve before he's judged, at least a year. Almost every good QB started out sucking.

Bad O-line is a factor for both of them, and both of them made mistakes too. The difference is, Drew's a 13-year vet. He has no excuses.

Mr. Cynical
12-14-2005, 10:59 PM
1. Because Bledsoe made plenty of mistakes that were entirely his fault.

2. JP is in his first year. His mistakes are his fault too, but I think he should be given time to improve before he's judged, at least a year. Almost every good QB started out sucking.

Bad O-line is a factor for both of them, and both of them made mistakes too. The difference is, Drew's a 13-year vet. He has no excuses.

Bingo.

finsrclowns
12-15-2005, 07:27 AM
Bledsoe didn't actually get a fair deal here, he had great weopons the first year, but ****ty coaches who never adjusted a game plan. Year two, they strip his recievers, blocking TE and bring on new coaches. They never even attempted to fix the O-line with Free agents in the 3 years he was here.
Regardless of what you guys think, I for one am happy he's doing good. It gives me something to route for, because this team is a complete mess and will be in rebuilding mode for at least another 3 years.
My two cents

Bingo.

pats-were-right
12-15-2005, 07:35 AM
Lossman has shown a decent long ball. But otherwise 9 games in he still looks as green as grass.

Sounds like us in 1993 during a certain QB's rookie season.

It continually amazes me though. No one's gotten the "Waah! waah! it's the sh-tty line and sh-tty coaches" benefit of the doubt as much as Bledsoe. He's gotten it basically his whole career save for seasons when he was good.

AND even after those seasons (1994, '96, '97, '02), since each one ended with playoff / end of season stinkbombs by him, we'd hear the same excuses anyway.

Mr. Cynical
12-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Bingo.

If you are going to be wrong, at least be original.

Mr. Cynical
12-15-2005, 12:34 PM
It continually amazes me though. No one's gotten the "Waah! waah! it's the sh-tty line and sh-tty coaches" benefit of the doubt as much as Bledsoe. He's gotten it basically his whole career save for seasons when he was good.

AND even after those seasons (1994, '96, '97, '02), since each one ended with playoff / end of season stinkbombs by him, we'd hear the same excuses anyway.

Once again, bingo.

Bill Cody
12-15-2005, 12:52 PM

I thought you were done with this thread?:funny: Like a moth to a flame.:funny:

Bill Cody
12-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Sounds like us in 1993 during a certain QB's rookie season.

Not really. Bledsoe threw for almost 2500 yards in 13 games and 15 TD's as a rookie behind a team that won 2 games the year before. Bill Parcells called them "the least talented team he's ever coached". Like both Manning brothers Bledsoe showed a "spark" even while making mistakes as a rookie. I haven't seen much of that yet from JP but I give him more time.

As for OL issues, they're not excuses, just facts. Even Bill Bellichick mentions Buffalo's "crappy offensive line" in Michael Holly's book "Patriot reign". The OL just looks worse this year with no passing threat from JP, it's been rubbish for 4 years. In 2000, a bad year for Bledsoe in NE, 3 of 5 starters from that OL were out of the NFL in 2001.

Unless you win your last game, your season ends somewhat ugly, right? If you run into a better team they can make you look bad, just ask Jim Kelly. In fact, only 3 of the top 10 passers of all time won Super Bowls.

finsrclowns
12-15-2005, 01:22 PM

I thought it was kinda funny myself.:funny: As for being original, you could fit the sum of all your posts from the last few years into one medium sized paragraph.:lmao:

pats-were-right
12-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Unless you win your last game, your season ends somewhat ugly, right? If you run into a better team they can make you look bad, just ask Jim Kelly. In fact, only 3 of the top 10 passers of all time won Super Bowls.

I understand that, but my only point in referencing the season endings was not to illustrate Bledsoe's failings per se, but to illustrate his "teflon" nature. EACH time our team failed Bledsoe was not the main point of criticism, even though statistically he was horrible in each final game. Here instead were the main excuses offered in 1994, 96, and 97:

1994 - That hack Charlie Weis called an awful game against the Browns (yeah he's gone on to show that he sucks, huh?). His duties were subsequently reshuffled and reassigned.

1996 - Excuse #1: Parcells' lack of focus due to the Jets saga, Excuse #2: Tackle Max Lane labeled a "turnstile." He was moved to guard. He had played just fine as a tackle the prior three seasons. He played pretty badly as a guard the next three. Granted, Lane wasn't very good in general but I'm not sure what he had to do with Bledsoe's 4 picks.

1997 - Offesnsive coordinator Larry Kennan fired.

2002 - ________? Darth Takeo, Fairway, et als can fill in the blank on this one. I'm sure plenty of excuses were made for his second half collapse.

Philagape
12-15-2005, 01:59 PM
I thought it was kinda funny myself.:funny: As for being original, you could fit the sum of all your posts from the last few years into one medium sized paragraph.:lmao:

The truth can't be repeated often enough :D Its correctness makes it stand the test of time, while the love poems of the Drewphiliacs sink like a Bledsoe pass to the flat.

Mr. Cynical
12-15-2005, 02:10 PM
:yawn:

I'm glad you are able to crack yourself up. A little tip - don't quit your day job for that comic stand up career just yet.

finsrclowns
12-15-2005, 03:42 PM
I understand that, but my only point in referencing the season endings was not to illustrate Bledsoe's failings per se, but to illustrate his "teflon" nature.

:funny:

How is he "teflon" when stalkers like yourself and a dedicated and persistant bashers club that spend a good part of their waking hours screaming his faults and weaknesses from the treetops even after he's long gone from the employment of the football teams for which they profess to be fans?

Whatever people's opinions may be of Bledsoe the one critique I personally find offensive is that he was not trying as hard as he could, that he was just collecting a paycheck. To me, he's a classy guy that is committed to winning and shows up for work every week and gives 100%. I find it amazing that a guy like that doesn't have off field problems, is a devoted family man and is active in the community can generate the kind of devoted hate following Bledsoe does. He's not here but people miss kicking him around so you get threads like this one. He's gone and he's doing well. Why is that a problem for you guys?

BTW, Max Lane was Reggie White's personal beotch in the SB.

finsrclowns
12-15-2005, 03:52 PM
:yawn:

I'm glad you are able to crack yourself up. A little tip - don't quit your day job for that comic stand up career just yet.

:teary: And I had such high hopes....

C'mon don't be a grinch, give me a chance....

How about these for my first trip on the "Comedy Connection":

* "Why does my garbage always weigh more than my groceries did?"

* "How deep would the ocean be if there were no sponges?"

* "When I die, I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car."

Well? Should I give Jay Leno a call or not?:funny:

Philagape
12-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Um, this thread started with a post that seemed to support Bledsoe. I don't say anything about him until a Drewphiliac starts bashing JP and saying we wrong to let Drew go. Merely pointing out facts isn't hate, and it's not nearly as devoted as the trolls who love Drew more than the Bills and show up here whenever he has a good game. And I've never said one derogatory word about his character.

pats-were-right
12-15-2005, 04:05 PM
How is he "teflon" when stalkers like yourself and a dedicated and persistant bashers club that spend a good part of their waking hours screaming his faults and weaknesses from the treetops even after he's long gone from the employment of the football teams for which they profess to be fans?
Whatever people's opinions may be of Bledsoe the one critique I personally find offensive is that he was not trying as hard as he could, that he was just collecting a paycheck. To me, he's a classy guy that is committed to winning and shows up for work every week and gives 100%. I find it amazing that a guy like that doesn't have off field problems, is a devoted family man and is active in the community can generate the kind of devoted hate following Bledsoe does. He's not here but people miss kicking him around so you get threads like this one. He's gone and he's doing well. Why is that a problem for you guys?
BTW, Max Lane was Reggie White's personal beotch in the SB.

I'm definitely not a stalker or part of any "club". Trust me when I say I don't have a "Bledsoe Sucks" web page or anything like that. To the contrary, other than maybe my first one or two posts on this site, I have merely responded to the facts and opinions of others with my own facts and opinions, for the sole reason that it's kinda fun to goof off at work and talk football.

I don't hate the guy and I'd put him in the "pretty good" category of QB's. He's a hair above Testaverde, no more no less. He's not a superstar and didn't deserve most of the "all-pro" type accolades though.

And sorry - at least with the Pats his primary problem was that he DIDN'T give 100%. Look, I never bought into the stereotypes that he was stupid or couldn't read defenses. Likewise I don't buy into the steretype that just because someone's a nice guy, family man, and involved in the community, he's also a hard worker. That, IMO, is what prevented him from reaching his full potential, he didn't allow football to consume his life like the great ones do.

finsrclowns
12-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Um, this thread started with a post that seemed to support Bledsoe. I don't say anything about him until a Drewphiliac starts bashing JP and saying we wrong to let Drew go. Merely pointing out facts isn't hate, and it's not nearly as devoted as the trolls who love Drew more than the Bills and show up here whenever he has a good game. And I've never said one derogatory word about his character.

"Drewphiliac"? See that's what I mean. Juvenile name calling is part and parcel of Cynical's weak repetoire and that of most of the bashers. And pardon me for saying this but what you perceive as "facts" are mostly your own biased opinions. You're certainly entitled to them, that's what a message board is for, but stats can easily be spun to make any argument you want. And when you have literally THOUSANDS of posts (as some do) devoted to slamming one guy that qualifies as obsession- and THAT sir, IMO is a fact. Calling other Bills fans "trolls" because they disagree with you is also immature IMO. Have a strong take on anything you want but there's really no need for name calling.

finsrclowns
12-15-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm definitely not a stalker or part of any "club".

Ok then, walk me through this. You call youself "Pats were right". Doesn't that give us all a hint as to a) why you're not "talking football" on a PATS board and b) your interest in taking shots at your former QB? Help me out here.

finsrclowns
12-15-2005, 04:29 PM
I don't hate the guy and I'd put him in the "pretty good" category of QB's. He's a hair above Testaverde, no more no less. He's not a superstar and didn't deserve most of the "all-pro" type accolades though.
And sorry - at least with the Pats his primary problem was that he DIDN'T give 100%. Look, I never bought into the stereotypes that he was stupid or couldn't read defenses. Likewise I don't buy into the steretype that just because someone's a nice guy, family man, and involved in the community, he's also a hard worker. That, IMO, is what prevented him from reaching his full potential, he didn't allow football to consume his life like the great ones do.

Fair enough. If that's true about his work ethic, and I don't know if it is, maybe DB tried to get by some on the great talent he was born with. It's possible. But I'm pretty sure that's not true now if it ever was- I read somewhere that Bill Parcells said he showed up among the best conditioned players on the team and he was there early in Dallas for the voluntary off season workouts. Anyway be happy with the guy you have- Tom Brady by all reports is a very dedicated guy as well as being a great player.

pats-were-right
12-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Ok then, walk me through this. You call youself "Pats were right". Doesn't that give us all a hint as to a) why you're not "talking football" on a PATS board and b) your interest in taking shots at your former QB? Help me out here.

Apparently I will have to walk you through it.

My screen name on this board doesn't illustrate that I'm NOT on Pats' boards. My screen name is certainly different on those boards though.

I'm a member of 7 or 8 boards of various teams including mine. My screen names include Umtozzi, Massliberal, and Pinko.

Finally I interpret "taking a shot" as hurling insults at him. I've tried not to do that (though I'll admit I'm not perfect).

pats-were-right
12-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Fair enough. If that's true about his work ethic, and I don't know if it is, maybe DB tried to get by some on the great talent he was born with. It's possible. But I'm pretty sure that's not true now if it ever was- I read somewhere that Bill Parcells said he showed up among the best conditioned players on the team and he was there early in Dallas for the voluntary off season workouts. Anyway be happy with the guy you have- Tom Brady by all reports is a very dedicated guy as well as being a great player.

Group hug!:bighug:

finsrclowns
12-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Apparently I will have to walk you through it.
My screen name on this board doesn't illustrate that I'm NOT on Pats' boards. My screen name is certainly different on those boards though.
I'm a member of 7 or 8 boards of various teams including mine. My screen names include Umtozzi, Massliberal, and Pinko.
Finally I interpret "taking a shot" as hurling insults at him. I've tried not to do that (though I'll admit I'm not perfect).

Cool. So how's the job hunt going?:jk:

Philagape
12-15-2005, 05:00 PM
"Drewphiliac"? See that's what I mean. Juvenile name calling is part and parcel of Cynical's weak repetoire and that of most of the bashers. And pardon me for saying this but what you perceive as "facts" are mostly your own biased opinions. You're certainly entitled to them, that's what a message board is for, but stats can easily be spun to make any argument you want. And when you have literally THOUSANDS of posts (as some do) devoted to slamming one guy that qualifies as obsession- and THAT sir, IMO is a fact. Calling other Bills fans "trolls" because they disagree with you is also immature IMO. Have a strong take on anything you want but there's really no need for name calling.

Here's what I mean by troll ... someone who has some reference to Drew or JP in their name or avatar, who posts ONLY in reference to either of them, and who calls JP a permanent bust obviously out of personal spite because he replaced Drew. Those are Drewphiliacs, and those are the people I usually respond to. I don't start threads on the subject, but those people do. And when they get obnoxious about it, then they deserve the same.

Devin
12-15-2005, 05:17 PM
....and who calls JP a permanent bust obviously out of personal spite because he replaced Drew. Those are Drewphiliacs....

I call them idiots....but either way.

Very rarely to fans like that have much of any football knowledge. They let their bias towards one player drive all of their thought processes and comments. Very rarely contributing anything of substance to a football conversation.

Mr. Cynical
12-15-2005, 06:00 PM
I call them idiots....but either way.

:roflmao:

Now THAT was funny. :up:

:posrep:

Bill Cody
12-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Here's what I mean by troll ... someone who has some reference to Drew or JP in their name or avatar, who posts ONLY in reference to either of them, and who calls JP a permanent bust obviously out of personal spite because he replaced Drew. Those are Drewphiliacs, and those are the people I usually respond to. I don't start threads on the subject, but those people do. And when they get obnoxious about it, then they deserve the same.

Why would someone with "JP" in their name call JP a bust?:funny:

And it's not about spite. Thinking JP is going to bomb doesn't make anyone a troll, it just means they have eyeballs. JP's best attribute is his speed, but the problem with QB's that like to run is they tend to get hurt. You feel free to slam Bledsoe at will, but anyone says a word about the waterboy and they're trolls. Whatever.:yucky:

Kerr
12-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Losman has avoided so many sacks with his mobility, could you say bledsoe would have done the same? From an experience point of view, yes it was a mistake, but not for the future. JP needs his reps and needs to make mistakes in order to learn. The mistake was asking JP to do more than manage the game. Willis was the key in the offense, but he hasn't been the best rb he said he was. Great rb make things happen.

finsrclowns
12-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Losman has avoided so many sacks with his mobility, could you say bledsoe would have done the same?

Just so you'll know, JP has been sacked 26 times in 113 pass attempts. Last year DB got sacked 37 times in 256 attempts, or about 1/3 less often per attempt.

Kerr
12-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Just so you'll know, JP has been sacked 26 times in 113 pass attempts. Last year DB got sacked 37 times in 256 attempts, or about 1/3 less often per attempt.

Last year's line play was better than this year's line play. Throw in the fact that bledsoe was ordered to get rid of the ball in 2 seconds. Bledsoe would have been crushed behind this line if he had stayed. JP's mobility has helped him from leaving the field on a stretcher.

pats-were-right
12-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Man them be some big tumbleweeds blowing by.

Drew Blue Fan? Bledsoe Lovers? Hello?

Iehoshua
12-19-2005, 12:17 PM
C'mon, it wasn't Drew's fault! His receivers and o-line sabotaged him!

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Man them be some big tumbleweeds blowing by.

Drew Blue Fan? Bledsoe Lovers? Hello?

You're a Pats fan so it makes it SO hard to like you, but I gotta give credit where it's due. :;