PDA

View Full Version : Pats sign Ross Tucker...

Ickybaluky
12-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Pats are hurting on the OL, and have signed Ross Tucker. Anyone have any thoughts on the guy? I know he played here last year.

link (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/)

Devin
12-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Average, not bad though. I was actually really surprised he was cut.

Pride
12-13-2005, 03:54 PM
I liked him... damnit

helmetguy
12-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I liked him too. He played G and C, and had kind of a mean streak. From all accounts I've heard, he's a real hard worker, too.

BTW, you guys really make it hard not to hate you, NE.

Ebenezer
12-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Better than Bennie Anderson...

Devin
12-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Basically you got a steal.

pats-were-right
12-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Then why the heck was he unemployed for 3/4 season?

JJamezz
12-13-2005, 07:03 PM
The only reason we could come up with for him being released, was that he has some kind of back or neck injury (don't remember which).

IMO he routinely outplayed Teague at center, and played well at guard. He was definitely one of our better linemen last year - course, that's not saying much...

Forward_Lateral
12-13-2005, 07:14 PM
I think the Bills orgainization missed the boat on this one. Ross is going to be productive for the Pats. He fits Belicheck's hard working, no-nonsense mould.

JJamezz
12-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Ya know, I wondered back when he was let go if he had had some run in with the coaching staff... In light of the crap we've seen this season with 'making examples' of Adams & Moulds, it wouldn't surprise me.

It's probably not that - I don't think Tucker is that kinda guy to speak out of turn like that, but it makes you wonder. If the injury was severe enough to let him go, why is he signing with another team a few months later - he obviously passed the Pats' physical.

G. Host
12-13-2005, 09:28 PM
No run-in with coaching staff.

Tucker injured his back last year and was recommended to have surgery but waited because he wanted to keep his position and choose to have it in offseason.

Coaching staff wanted him back. He never got fully ready to play (he could pass physical but not training camp tests) but did not to go on any injury list since he thought he would ready in a few weeks SO Bills according to some fans I know who talked to him said the Bills gave him a personal settlement and said they would look at him later.

Tucker has been looking at teams for a few weeks; I do not understand why Bills did not bring him and cut Anderson or put another player on PS but the Patriots got a good player.

vicmantak
12-13-2005, 10:38 PM
I do not understand why Bills did not bring him and cut Anderson or put another player on PS but the Patriots got a good player.
We're on the same page... Patriots got intelligence on Tucker and Bills got another "Williams" on Anderson...

gr8slayer
12-13-2005, 10:45 PM
If I remember correctly he has injury problems.

madness
12-14-2005, 08:08 AM
Funny, I remember reading there was a chance he was going to rejoin the Bills.

Good pickup NE39, if you're having problems on the o-line, he'll bring some stability. :mad:

dannyek71
12-14-2005, 11:16 AM
IMHO Tucker was one of our best linemen over the past couple of years

mysticsoto
12-14-2005, 12:15 PM
No run-in with coaching staff.

Tucker injured his back last year and was recommended to have surgery but waited because he wanted to keep his position and choose to have it in offseason.

Coaching staff wanted him back. He never got fully ready to play (he could pass physical but not training camp tests) but did not to go on any injury list since he thought he would ready in a few weeks SO Bills according to some fans I know who talked to him said the Bills gave him a personal settlement and said they would look at him later.

Tucker has been looking at teams for a few weeks; I do not understand why Bills did not bring him and cut Anderson or put another player on PS but the Patriots got a good player.

What I don't understand is why they didn't put him in IR then. Haven't we done that with others like Sobieski?

G. Host
12-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Bills could not put him on IR if he does not agree and he thought he was healthy enough to play BUT because of the number of years he has, a team is not going to bring him in unless he is going to be a starter.

bernielivsey_1
12-16-2005, 10:24 AM
:teary: Thats all we need is for the Patriots to get better with our ex-players. TD sux :yucky:

Ickybaluky
12-23-2005, 07:56 AM
Sounds like he is fitting in (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2005/12/23/colvin_hasnt_entirely_tasted_fruits_of_labor/):

Linta also represents recently acquired offensive lineman Ross Tucker. Linta said Tucker, after three days of being a Patriot, told him, ''Joe, they really get it here.' "

madness
12-23-2005, 10:07 AM
Sounds like he is fitting in (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2005/12/23/colvin_hasnt_entirely_tasted_fruits_of_labor/):

Linta also represents recently acquired offensive lineman Ross Tucker. Linta said Tucker, after three days of being a Patriot, told him, ''Joe, they really get it here.' "

:cry: